User Tag List

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree559Likes

Thread: New Cash Register Software System

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    393 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    Ahhhh, I could be incorrect, but I'm pretty sure that is the old system. The new system uses GP (gst/pst) for tax codes rather than B (both). Also, the new system doesn't centre the store name, it usually starts to the left, lined up with the "A" in "Airwick".

My experience with using coupons under the old system was hit and miss. For example, one 8k wus $30 would give the points before coupons, say the Monday one 16010, and then the next one say 8k wus $30 Wednesday one, 16210 would award only after coupons. Perhaps you got lucky and always got the points.

Glad you refunded the items, I would too. Thank you for posting.
    Thanks Maple7
    momi, maple7, dededi and 1 others like this.
    RRRLF $$ Astro Original Coupons gud on 750gm tubs or balkan style..

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Ahhhh, I could be incorrect, but I'm pretty sure that is the old system. The new system uses GP (gst/pst) for tax codes rather than B (both). Also, the new system doesn't centre the store name, it usually starts to the left, lined up with the "A" in "Airwick".

My experience with using coupons under the old system was hit and miss. For example, one 8k wus $30 would give the points before coupons, say the Monday one 16010, and then the next one say 8k wus $30 Wednesday one, 16210 would award only after coupons. Perhaps you got lucky and always got the points.

Glad you refunded the items, I would too. Thank you for posting.
    I would have to agree the new system does not use codes 2001 and 2002

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    Ciel, momi, maple7 and 1 others like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

This happened to me too, First thing I had misunderstanding from last week that this SDM has new system so without paying attention I confidently used my dessenge coupon. I had an offer 8000 / $40. Coupon appeared as 2001 on receipt. I got 430 regular points but still no 8000 digital points. I emailed them and they said because I used a big1 free product coupon so couldn't get offer points.
    I knew new system awards free coupons too that why I tried that and before paying I noticed that its old system but feel embarrassed to request cancel whole transaction. After all dessenge was still free after CO51 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cjethani View Post
    Is it true -
    I had 8k wus $30--- went to SDM to get dessange deal + milk and used coupon for dessange... My subtotal came down to $18.** after applying coupon and code was put 2001 and because of this I was not able to get 8k.
    Old system - when they use to apply coupon my subtotal never use to come down using 2001 code n 8k was applied always....

Is this a glitch or we have to live with the fact to get points we have to spend more????
    Last edited by uanoor; Thu, May 5th, 2016 at 10:07 PM.
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thought I'd share my experience with manager's coupons today:

I bought 2 types of protein bars, one was $2.49 at scanner - $2 manager's coupon, the other $2.79 at scanner - $2 manager's coupon expecting to pay $.49 and $.79. The cashier, after much deliberation, decided to enter the manager's coupons using the clearance button (it might have said clearance coupon) instead of the manager's coupon button two spots down. The $2.49 bars adjusted up to regular price of $2.99 even though I didn't know that $2.49 was a sale price. I didn't catch it til after I paid so refunded the items and she redid the transaction using the manager's coupon button and it worked fine, $2.49 - $2.

I'm not sure what happened to everyone else but looking at the cash register, the clearance button looks like it is meant for when clearance items don't scan correctly and the cashier needs to adjust the price. I know this has happened to me a few times over the years usually when they just put up clearance stickers and haven't adjusted the price in the computer yet. Unfortunately, it is one of the first options on the list so I think it will be more likely used when it shouldn't.
    Ciel, Ciel, ashoo and 2 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalaric View Post
    My store finally got the new system. Have people still been getting bonus pts on FPC's?
    success! Had my 20x coupon loaded. Used my Playtex bottle FPC, and got the bonus points on it. It was entered as "Product Voucher". Next thing to try, if they count toward spending thresholds. Today I used $21.81 in coupons, but I was still over the $50 after coupons.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalaric View Post
    success! Had my 20x coupon loaded. Used my Playtex bottle FPC, and got the bonus points on it. It was entered as "Product Voucher". Next thing to try, if they count toward spending thresholds. Today I used $21.81 in coupons, but I was still over the $50 after coupons.
    Yes they do count toward spending thresholds.
    The new system counts all coupons as cash

Ciel, amira84 and Davetherave like this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

Thought I'd share my experience with manager's coupons today:

I bought 2 types of protein bars, one was $2.49 at scanner - $2 manager's coupon, the other $2.79 at scanner - $2 manager's coupon expecting to pay $.49 and $.79. The cashier, after much deliberation, decided to enter the manager's coupons using the clearance button (it might have said clearance coupon) instead of the manager's coupon button two spots down. The $2.49 bars adjusted up to regular price of $2.99 even though I didn't know that $2.49 was a sale price. I didn't catch it til after I paid so refunded the items and she redid the transaction using the manager's coupon button and it worked fine, $2.49 - $2.

I'm not sure what happened to everyone else but looking at the cash register, the clearance button looks like it is meant for when clearance items don't scan correctly and the cashier needs to adjust the price. I know this has happened to me a few times over the years usually when they just put up clearance stickers and haven't adjusted the price in the computer yet. Unfortunately, it is one of the first options on the list so I think it will be more likely used when it shouldn't.
    would u happen to have the receipts for both the scenarios that you can share with us? Want to see if entering the managers coupons different made a difference on the receipts.
    Last edited by ashoo; Sat, May 7th, 2016 at 04:54 PM.
    Ciel, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashoo View Post
    would u happen to have the receipts for both the scenarios that you can share with us? Want to see if entering the managers coupons different made a difference on the receipts.
    Name:  IMG_2786.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  67.6 KB

Certainly. Same item, isofemme power bar with $2 manager's sticker, both times scanned at register as $2.49 about 3 minutes apart.

Unfortunately I didn't scan my optimum card on the second one, so can't show the point difference. I was actually hoping to spend $11.59 - $8 manager's stickers and get 3k wus $10 food and snacks (which most of the time doesn't work for protein bars) and this was so far from happening I just wanted to go home lol.
    Last edited by maple7; Sun, May 8th, 2016 at 12:06 PM.
    Ciel, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Certainly. Same item, isofemme power bar with $2 manager's sticker, both times scanned at register as $2.49 about 3 minutes apart.

Unfortunately I didn't scan my optimum card on the second one, so can't show the point difference. I was actually hoping to spend $11.59 - $8 manager's stickers and get 3k wus $10 food and snacks (which most of the time doesn't work for protein bars) and this was so far from happening I just wanted to go home lol.
    It says on 2nd receipt you could have earned 40 points with your 0.98 pre-tax using $4 worth of manager's coupons.
    Search & Win using Swagbucks! Redeem for amazon.ca/Cineplex/Shutterfly gift cards.
    Click >>> Swagbucks <<< and start earning your own.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    It says on 2nd receipt you could have earned 40 points with your 0.98 pre-tax using $4 worth of manager's coupons.
    Ahh, yes, I always scan my card so forgot about that. Well, almost always lol. Thank you for pointing it out, so "before manager's sticker price" would have been awarded base points at least.
    Davetherave likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I don't know about SDM.

But I hate stores, where when they scan the product, the sale price doesn't show up, but just the regular price shows up ! Only when they hit the enter button at the end , the various sale prices show up and get printed on the receipt .

but in real time while each product is being scanned sale or promotional prices don't show up , so you don't even know if the product was scanned at the right price or not, and you can't even tell the cashier that.

Sometimes when it scans at reg. Price, I tell the cashier its on sale, then when the cashier hits the return button , the price automatically adjusts to the sale price, making me look stupid . But while scanning the sale price doesn't show up, so how is the customer supposed to know if it was scanned properly or not , till the very end

seems to be a delibrate ploy to prevent SCOP.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

@coupon girl our store has the new system as of today!!!!!!

Davetherave likes this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The new system finally arrived at our store last week. Bought a bunch of items with manager coupons for food bank. Cashier entered all manager coupons as "store coupon" although there is a "manager coupon" option right on the screen. Cashier didn't know what the difference between store coupon and manager coupon but said both option should be the same (?). Anyway, happy to get my 20x coupon worked on pre-coupon value. Spent $55 and received 32k points back.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Despite having the system for a couple of weeks, they were training cashiers on it yesterday so your stores may well be getting training at some point.
    Sadly, the cashier knew better than them from 2 weeks of trial and error and was telling the training person how to do it so looks like no one knows how to work it properly.
    In my experience
    - Manager's coupon reduced total
    - FPCs and coupons counted towards total
    - Got my digital offer, but did not get a store offer on the item I used the managers special sticker on (he put them through manually using a sheet of paper with barcodes because "you will wait forever if you call and then they will deny you all of your points because you are not supposed to get points on coupons and the system is wonky")
    innaor, amira84 and Davetherave like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Despite having the system for a couple of weeks, they were training cashiers on it yesterday so your stores may well be getting training at some point.
    Sadly, the cashier knew better than them from 2 weeks of trial and error and was telling the training person how to do it so looks like no one knows how to work it properly.
    In my experience
    - Manager's coupon reduced total
    - FPCs and coupons counted towards total
    - Got my digital offer, but did not get a store offer on the item I used the managers special sticker on (he put them through manually using a sheet of paper with barcodes because "you will wait forever if you call and then they will deny you all of your points because you are not supposed to get points on coupons and the system is wonky")
    Still a big grey area with manager's sticker coupons lol. Two of them tried to figure out where they were supposed to enter them at my store during my last purchase. She entered the coupon for $3 off somewhere, near the beginning of the transaction...on my receipt it shows $3 off on an entirely different product. But it did just reduce the total the way it was entered. It did not count toward the total.
    Davetherave likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information