User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: walmart.ca added a handling fee

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    I was not aware that there never was a minimum for home shipping. Either way I personally don't think its that big of a deal because I shop there regularly. Plus almost everyone else charges a minimum for free shipping. When I think about it I can't begin to imagine just home much money they would be out if they offered free shipping to small orders.
    I guess that's why they changed it I understand the minimum for free shipping. But I don't get and don't like the handling fee and pickup fee. Just call it a flat shipping charge. And that *$3 Walmart pick up fee for orders above $50* must be a mistake. Is it free for Walmart pickups *under* $50?

Silk
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I ordered 10x average $20 when ship to home was free, but what I got out of that is a whole list of products that are a better deal at WM than anything else.

E.g., I was surprised to discover they carry Better than Bouillon and they are $2 cheaper than Zehrs or Sobeys, but you can only get the stuff online.

I just add to my cart as I have needs and order when I hit $50, which is 3-6 weeks.

I found early on that my higher-value orders came with free useful coupons and generous samples, so I started waiting until I had a bunch of things to send off an order anyway.

My last order over $50 I got a free 3-pk of Ziploc freezer bags worth over $10.

Definitely still going to shop walmart.ca
    Silk, Ciel, PurpleBunny89 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tvwatcher View Post
    Walmart has been gradually eroding everything that made them stand out when they first came to Canada - no rainchecks, charging for bags, refundable loonie deposit for a cart in some stores, no more free shipping with no minimum, and now a handling fee

it's bizarre
    Ouch about that $1 cart deposit! Don't know if that applies to any Hamilton stores as yet-all of the ones I have visited have carts ready to roll when you reach one.
    crafter likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

"FREE PICK-UP"???? What a joke when they add on a $5 handling fee. I will shop where free pick-up means just that!
    crafter and HermanH like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information