User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: As we start getting ready for the Holidays...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

My sister in law always give her kids bus driver a bottle of rum at Christmas....I just don't get it.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    My sister in law always give her kids bus driver a bottle of rum at Christmas....I just don't get it.
    IF and It's a big IF..I knew the driver socially ..it would be a maybe. Otherwise H3!! Nope!

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

sorry i won't be much of help since my baby has not started school yet and i don't have a superintendent. i like the ideas of giving teachers a small gift card to starbucks or timmy's. i still don't understand why we have to get a gift for our boss, i do have a nice boss - the nicest one too but she makes double or even triple my salary. Yet, every year we (my coworkers and I) all chip in for some kind of gift for her. I always felt pressured into this. So do you give gifts because the person is nice? Anyway, if i have more disposable income then i wouldn't be complaining. We already have to spend big holidays like xmas in the states with the in-laws plus buying gifts for them and the grandparents. If you buy a small gift then it doesn't not look good so you try to get a nicer gift. Then they try to return to favor. Yes they do get nice gift that i'd like to have but i don't need it. In the end, it's like I just spend my own money on things that are nice to have. I just think the gift giving is getting out of hand. Oh I brought this up with my hubby before and it would not fly with his family because it's tradition that we have big dinner and exchange gifts. Why can't we just get together, enjoy food, share some laughs and enjoy being/seeing each other? sorry for the rant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information