User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Used Clothing

Oh, hello there.
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I rarely buy clothes as it is, so I buy underpants, bras, socks, new, and anything else I get secondhand from thrift shops or from friends/family when they do their spring cleaning -- we send our cast-offs around to each other's houses and harvest until there's very little left, which goes to Goodwill. I find Value Village is a hard spot for plus-sized clothing that isn't hideous.
    For $10 off for new customers at www.well.ca please use promo code KicklegsSmartestCanucks
    Surveys that pay! https://legerweb.com/RMBY0

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Most of my clothes are from used clothing stores. I usually have to buy jeans new for the right fit. I also buy things like underwear new. I never buy anything that has visible brand names on it.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I'm not too proud to buy used clothing. One time I found a Tan Jay sweater for 25 cents at garage sale. It still had the price tag still on it. Beautiful sweater and tons of compliments. I was proud to say what I paid for it, and love the looks from people when I told them.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I LOVE SECOND HAND STORES BUT MY DAUGHTER DOESN'T LIKE THEM SHE'S 14 NOW AND SAYS IT'S EMBARRESSING!!!!!!!!!!!1

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Used clothing stores and the freecycle groups are the greatest bargain shops for great stuff that I have found and proud of it. It's nice to take the grandkids and if its nice and they want it OK even if you know they won't were it long. The best part is you didn't break the bank and theres enough left over to go another time.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have no problem with hand me downs. Get them for me and my little guy. Second hand is great! Save the bucks and I'm not a name brand person either. I buy comfy. I cringe when I see a pair a jeans for $100, ridiculous! My little guy is well dressed but, I do not need to spend $20 on a shirt to look like it. My sister and friend do exactly that. Everything name brand!! Why friend's kid is 18 months? He'll be out of it in no time. Then they complain they are broke. Yeah, I wonder why? Hand me downs for them, humpf well, forget that! I love em!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When my adult children were growing up there were only 2 used clothing stores. I always got compliments on how the kids were dressed and the best part was the kids liked their cloths. I always wondered how other people could afford paying full or even sale retail prices especially at back to school time.

bcteagirl
    Bump! May try to find more clothes at the half price day at the value village next week

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The only problem with second hand stores are that I notice a lot seem to be clothes from the 80's & 90's. The only time I'd ever get something from a second hand/vintage store is if it was really awesome and I had to have it. But I do admit.....I love the 80's jewelery. So fabulous.
    I don't generally shop at thrift stores, I just shop at the regular stores at the mall. It doesn't really matter to me if it has the brand name on it as long as it looks nice.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

When I was like 19-22 I used to shop at thrift stores for shirts, and jackets and jewelry. not bottoms (sorry it just grosses me out) but you could always find some cool items if you looked hard and were somewhat picky.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I actually don't wear anything with visible brand names. (Not on my kiddo either)... personally, if I BUY the clothes, I don't feel like paying to ADVERTISE for the company too. Shouldn't they pay ME for doing that?
    exactly! I won't shop at certain supposed brand name stores. I won't pay 90 bucks for a tshirt that will always have the name of the company displayed on it somewhere. you see these losers walking around wearing clothes that are big billboards, and it's so tacky.
    You can't put on a brand name and hope you'll suddenly be stylish.
    Don't get me wrong, I buy good quality clothing that is stylish, but I refuse to display names of companies on me. It just looks stupid.
    but everyone does it. it's just lame

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I grew up wearing used clothing, so I don't see the sense in paying full price for something. Why pay at least $20 for a top when I can get at least 4 or 5 tops for the same price?
    And I believe that buying at the Thrift Shops is GUILT FREE SHOPPING because: 1. The money usually goes to charity. 2. I don't have the spend very much 3. I'm saving the environment by not using up new resources 4. It's fun shopping because you never know what you'll find. 5. I don't have to worry if I ruin an outfit if I only paid a few dollars for it. There's nothing like paying $100 for something and then ruining it the next day. I'm very hard of my clothes. 6. I find other stores really BORING because they all have the same old thing.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

i like new clothes with brand names and i love thrift store clothing as well... i just love clothes in general.

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I grew up wearing used clothing, so I'm used to it. Always have my own underwear though!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

If you look on ebay vintage (one year or older) excellent used condition gymboree and gap baby clothes go for more money used then new.
    Some of the stuff is insane.
    I dont see anthing wrong with purchasing and wearing used clothes if the price is right and there in good condition. Of course washing and throughouly drying before wearing is a must, but other then that I see no problems.

Shoes, eugh I personally would never buy used shoes, nor undergarments.. thats just icky to me.

I was walking by a second hand shop last year and got a brand new ecko shirt for my son, original tags everything for 2 bucks!!!! It was a 45 dollar shirt!!

Ive boughten used baby clothes for my youngest, but im really careful because he has very sensitive skin and I almost need to find out what they were washed in because some soaps such as tide, even residues after many washes seem to bug his skin.

I did buy a whole bunch of name brand used stuff off ebay for him, yes I like name brands and second of all if i take care of them i can go and resell them for the same price i payed

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You are very much correct. When my spouse was pregnant, we searched for online used maternity clothes site and our requirement was fulfilled from there. And we saved much amount.
    Davetherave likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information