User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: where to pierce babies ears?

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I think its because they wont remember it being done so people have it done when they are too little to remember it and because it keeps their hands off of them and they wont play with them like a toddler or older probably would...I know I played with mine when I was 6 LOL I couldnt wait to change them and used to play with them when I probably shouldnt have!

now I am a germophobe so I dont dare touch my new piercing unless its to clean it and always with clean hands!

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

i still think it's idiotic rose. cause the holes can get infected (mine did) and that's bloody painful, (plus the procedure hurts). i wouldn't want to see my baby in pain for even a second just for something that's so vain that's just me i guess

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ya I get that too but idk I begged my parents to let me get mine done til they were so sick of hearing me that they just said fine and took me LOL I didnt think it hurt at all but I have a high pain tolerance so that could be why...I didnt get infection or anything and they healed really well even though I played with them it was just my second piercings I got when I was 16 that had so many problems I was allergic to the safe for baby ears earrings LOL so I could imagine a poor baby with a serious allergy having to deal with that pain especially since it took me like 3 months to finally take the earrings out they pierced them with to see if that would help any and then they healed pretty much over night grrr

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I see this is an older thread but for other Mommies, thought I'd chime in. I had my first daughter's ears done at Fairview Mall in an accessory store just after her first immunization. It's great to do it early when they can't reach their ears and you can easily clean them without a debate. My second daughters ears were done slightly later at 4 months old at Claire's in the Upper Canada Mall. Amazing service there. We chose gold studs (it's really best to pay slightly more as there aren't complications with the gold studs) and it came with a huge container of pain free antiseptic to keep the peircings clean.

Trading Score
    12 (88%)

looking to get my DD's ears pierced in Toronto. (not claires or ardenes for personal reasons)
    can anyone suggest a goood place? maybe even some non conventional places like a piercing only shop.

TIA!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I was going to go to yonge street tattoos for mine in toronto they have two girls there that specialize in piercings and it looked like a great place to go

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I remember in detail where I got my ears done ugh.. I was about 3 years old.. it's the only thing from my past I remember in such detail to [it was traumatic in a way I suppose].

My ma took me to zellers when their hair salon places was new [so erm. . . 1989? lol] Well the gun freaked me out.. naturally.. And something went wrong with the gun and punched my earlobe but not a hole.. [I dunno how that happened].

Anywho. I always had issues with my piercings all thru my life. They'd get infected easily and whenever I had the earrings in around the hole the skin was bumpy [and gross.. bleh.. but that's normal because the gun just pushes the skin away].

But about 3 years ago I took out my earrings for good and i'm glad to no bumps on my earlobes but I can still feel a small indent [that's healed over] where the ring hole used to be.

Yes I very much agree with going to a tattoo parlor! It's safer and makes more sense. Hmm.. pushing the skin away or removing it ... HMMM... I'll go with removing it.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I remember those huge ear piercing guns from the 80's. When I had my ears done as an infant, apparently my Mom and Aunts held an ice cube to our lobes and then went at it with a sewing needle. Nightmare! Fortunately I don't remember any of it. Never dealt with infections though with the exception of a short stint with a monthly earring calendar I received as a child and the cheap things infected my ears horribly.
    As I teen I had second piercings done with the unpleasant jumbo gun of the 80's, I survived it but eventually let those holes heal over.

I did notice when I took my infant recently that now they have a very small single use gun. It is disposable and less shocking since it doesn't have the thunder clap that the old version had. My infant didn't even cry. That was at Claire's.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i did my daughters piercing at Mappins erin mills town centre. They do it great perfect and along with the white gold diamong earing it cost me aroung $30.00.

Trading Score
    12 (88%)

thanks guys..i think i'm gonna go to carly visage in STC, they use some sorta air gun or something..lol..i obviously need to look more into it, but it is recommed from some other mommy friends
    Please VOTE for my baby! DAILY!

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Monique.b View Post
    Alright, that's all I have to say about that. When my little girl's turn comes, she's going to see a burly dude covered in tattoos and I'll pay the extra money to get it done the best, most hygienic way possible.
    I've been called tattoo studios all day so I can get my 15 month olds ears done...no one will do them on a toddler. We have to wait till she five or get it done by the gun.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jul 20th, 2013 at 01:05 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You should go to Caryl Baker Visage – Sunridge Mall. They specialize in infant and child ear piercing. The staff was absolutely amazing. They really know what they were doing and precautions were taken to ensure that everything is sterile. My baby cried just for about 30 seconds, then that’s it.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had my 6-month old baby's ears pierced at Caryl Baker Visage in White Oaks Mall. The place was recommended by a friend who also had her baby's ears pierced there. Their specialty is infant and child ear piercing so they already know how to deal with crying and wriggling babies. Highly recommended!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I highly recommend Caryl Baker Visage in Windsor. They come highly recommended and when I read online review, previous clients only had good words for the staff and their services. Indeed, the place did not disappoint. The staff was very professional and we immediately felt at ease. Ask for Ken, he's amazing!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information