User Tag List

Page 306 of 450 FirstFirst ... 206 256 296 304 305 306 307 308 316 356 406 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 6738
Like Tree3358Likes

Thread: The Official and ONLY Place to Discuss Negative Trade Experiences + Trade Blacklist

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

ashokia - no one thinks poorly of you - it's a learning curve. Now that you know, you know.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashokia View Post
    I'm totally guilty of re-using stamps. I only use them to mail stuff out, I would never send a used stamp for a trade or boarding pass. Until reading through the used stamp thread a few minutes ago, I didn't know it was illegal either!

I've taped the stamps on the envies too and they've always reached their destination without a problem. I've even taken my letter to the post office with a stamp taped on and asked them to weigh it (ended up having to add a penny stamp) and they never said anything about it!

I hope no one thinks poorly of me for this and I promise to not re-use stamps in the future!
    nobody will think poorly of you I have re-used my own stamps...prepared an envie made a mistake cut off th stamp and taped it to a new envie...lots do this whether they admit it or not....the point is not to send the cut out stamps to other ppl...

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Jeze that has happened to me many times, put the stamp on before writing the address, screw up the address and going "Dammit!" lol

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yes, that has happened to me, it is more 'cancelled' stamps - ones that you have received that don't have a visible postmark (but may have the new cancelling stamp on them which is not visible)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

I've screwed up enough addresses at work on envelopes, and we have a postage meter and ink stamp, so you cant reuse the stamp so now putting a stamp on my envelopes is the very last thing I do after I triple check all addresses at home or work.

As for people sending used cancelled stamps, wouldn't the stamp be on a piece of paper and not the waxy paper? Peeling stamps off envelopes and sticking it back on waxy paper would also alter the stamp enough to notice. So I just don't understand how someone wouldn't notice right away? Maybe I am thinking about it the wrong way??

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Depends on the envelope you use, I got some from a greeting card store when they were closing and they had a shiny finish, I had to press the stamps really hard on it to make sure it stuck, it would be very easy to pull those off
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Does anyone have info on the "Invisable Ink" stamps?

Do you really think it would be cost effective for canada post to create an invisible ink stamping process, when ink stamps have been used forever? It doesn't really create any increased security using them, as someone can use an invisible ink'd stamp, send it, then Canada Post has to pay to have it returned to the person, unless they're doing it to cater to collectors, however then that decreases the value of collecting the stamp as more of them will be available that have no ink stamp on it.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Pink, the stamps are marked when they are printed - there's a fluorescent ink added, which the machines later can tell if there is no stamp, or a counterfeit one. It's called 'tagging'.

Second video down - from the science channel - sometimes after the 7 minute mark
    http://zomobo.net/how-its-made-postage-stamps

http://www.arpinphilately.com/blog/h...nadian-stamps/

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Thanks Natalka, I had heard about it but never really looked into it, but that does not explain how they know if they are used? Unless the machine that scans causes a change to the ink?

As far as CP creating, it is used in many countries, its just a matter of them catching up, USPS has been using 'invisible' (seemingly you can see it if you hold it towards light in a certain way) for about 2 years at most major sorting centres
    ~ ~ ~

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Okay I really don’t want to sound mean but how can anyone think its okay to re-use a post stamp.. really I’m shocked! I’m happy this subject came up and was a learning experience for some.

If I received a used ps I’d give the person a chance to make it right and if she/he didn’t then I’d give a negative rate..

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I have never reused a postage stamp however have put tape on top when the adhesive didn't stick to the envie well to prevent it from falling off.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

I did re-use a stamp once when I needed to change the envelope. All I did was cut it off and paste it on the new one. It then got sent back to me by the post office, so since then I haven't risked ever doing it again.
    RRLF COKE PINS and LUNCHMATE PINS

Auto Expiry Helper
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This thread moved to expired forum because following users marked it as expired: erusmus, PinkLincoln, Brynhilde, Jeannine.

Auto Expiry Helper
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This thread unexpired by caring.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I am extremely disappointed in the last train that I rode.

None of the riders before me followed the rules regarding expiry dates - there was to be no expiry before January 31, 2012; there were 4 riders before me, and 3 riders plus the conductor after me.

I received the train on December 12th; upon opening the envelope & looking at the coupons, there was 1 x $1.50 that expired Nov 30, 2011 and 49 coupons that were going to expire on Dec 31, 2011, the total of those coupons added up to $53.20plus there were 4 BOGOs that were also going to expire on Dec 31, 2011

This left $57 in coupons on a supposedly $100 starting amount when I removed the $2.50 (2 coupons) that were usable to me from the entire train because of the Dec 31, 2011 expiry coupons; I did not need any of them and the only reason I joined the train was to get some new varieties of coupons with later expiry dates.

Then, to help the conductor, I added $36.75 from my own stash of good and usable coupons since it still needed to go to 3 riders and then the conductor.

Considering the mess, after explaining this to the conductor, my 2 P stamps for boarding pass were waived, and the expired & expiring coupons were mine to keep (none of which were used by me because as I said, I did not need any of them at all!!).

I know for a fact that the train made it to the next rider who didn't even bother to provide an update & just sent the train on, and it then arrived to the rider after that who provided an update, after that, not a thing has been updated.

This conductor has A LOT of trains, and this one has literally gone ignored; I had to ask for an update in the thread because no feedback rating was going to be given until the train arrived home.

I am pissed off to say the least; after what I put in to be helpful for the $2.50 of coupons I got out of it to use, the $36.75 I put in to the envie PLUS the $1.25 it cost for me to mail the train on instead of it getting derailed and the conductor has not posted in here about the issue with the missing train, has not updated the thread without being asked, and no feedback rating.

There should be a minimum number of trains that any conductor is running at any given time; until older trains have arrived back home and feedback given to riders, conductors should be monitoring what is going on with the train and updating the thread.

Also, riders should pay attention to the rules of the train - not making sure that you are following the rules means you are screwing the other riders after you. The riders in front of me on this train were not new, the lowest trade rating one of them had was 55, the rest are much higher than that.

I will be sending a PM to you Sally888, as I want the positive trade rating for the conductor that we were required to give when we received the envie to be changed; not keeping riders up to date and not even touching your own thread for a month until you are asked what is going on is not deserving of a positive rating but a neutral at best.
    Last edited by KrazE; Sat, Feb 4th, 2012 at 10:05 PM.

Thread Information