User Tag List

Page 307 of 450 FirstFirst ... 207 257 297 305 306 307 308 309 317 357 407 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 6738
Like Tree3358Likes

Thread: The Official and ONLY Place to Discuss Negative Trade Experiences + Trade Blacklist

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I just rode a similar train...hopefully not the same conductor. It went out to seven riders in mid November. The first two took a hefty $ amount of coupons and added back. The third rider threw out approx. $150 in expired coupons, added some of her own, took $0 and sent it on. The next two riders took $0 and sent it on. I also took $0 and then returned it to the conductor after asking the rider after me if she wanted to have it mailed to her or not. (She said no...) I added some coupons for the conductor and my boarding pass -- not sure why but I always play by the rules. Cost me $2.10 to mail it back. I am really at a loss as to what feedback to leave and I'm pretty fed up with getting envies that have been raided by a couple of people who only put craptastic coupons back in. It seems that if you're not the first or second rider you might as well not bother....

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

IMO the other trader should have told you they were in French, just because we live in a bilingual country does not mean that every other province or retailer accepts French coupons

I would bring it up to the trader and see if it can be worked out or returned

Quote Originally Posted by KThom View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KThom
    I have a question. I just got a trade from someone. They were asking for 6.00 from their wl for 30.00 in coupons. I did get the coupons and they came very fast. However there were 6 or so in french and a few were torn up (when when they ripped them out of the insert). Does this constitute a neutral rating. Or because they came fast and their was 30.00 in coupons its a positive rating?

Thanks

Did you ask if they were all in English or just assume? We have two official languages afterall.

The torn ones - just how torn are they? Are they still in usable condition?

-----

sorry forgot to click the quote message button

I didn't ask if they were in french but I believe that I sent my wishlist which says no french. They were torn about halfway. I can repair them and there were only a few.

It seems minor that's why I didn't know if it should be a neutral or positive rating.
    Oh WOW never knew that much work went into making stamps - thanks for the video

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Pink, the stamps are marked when they are printed - there's a fluorescent ink added, which the machines later can tell if there is no stamp, or a counterfeit one. It's called 'tagging'.

Second video down - from the science channel - sometimes after the 7 minute mark
    http://zomobo.net/how-its-made-postage-stamps

http://www.arpinphilately.com/blog/h...nadian-stamps/

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    This thread moved to expired forum because following users marked it as expired: erusmus, PinkLincoln, Brynhilde, Jeannine.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
    This thread unexpired by caring.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

why can't I see my post

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

The rules for trains needs to be changed - you are required to leave feedback immediately upon receiving the envelope; this is not a proper gauge of the conductor because it needs to encompass the entire ride which includes the conductor updating their own post for the train when it's still in transit. A month + with nothing about a train you are conducting and will not even be giving ratings for when others have helped keep your train going is unfair & rude.

Lesson learned on me obviously - when someone's train is all screwed up because of the riders before you, don't bother being nice & helpful, simply send the train home.

This has completely soured me on trains.

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I just rode a similar train...hopefully not the same conductor. It went out to seven riders in mid November. The first two took a hefty $ amount of coupons and added back. The third rider threw out approx. $150 in expired coupons, added some of her own, took $0 and sent it on. The next two riders took $0 and sent it on. I also took $0 and then returned it to the conductor after asking the rider after me if she wanted to have it mailed to her or not. (She said no...) I added some coupons for the conductor and my boarding pass -- not sure why but I always play by the rules. Cost me $2.10 to mail it back. I am really at a loss as to what feedback to leave and I'm pretty fed up with getting envies that have been raided by a couple of people who only put craptastic coupons back in. It seems that if you're not the first or second rider you might as well not bother....
    I have the opposite problem. For some reason, I am usually one of the first riders on a train. The rules of the train will say, for example:

*Only add expiries after March 31/12.
    * No pet, health and beauty, no inserts, or craptastic coupons

I get the train first, straight from the conductor, close to the end of January and the bulk of the train is Jan 31 expiry, inserts, health and beauty, and craptastic coupons!! It's misleading and very frustrating.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    The rules for trains needs to be changed - you are required to leave feedback immediately upon receiving the envelope; this is not a proper gauge of the conductor because it needs to encompass the entire ride which includes the conductor updating their own post for the train when it's still in transit. A month + with nothing about a train you are conducting and will not even be giving ratings for when others have helped keep your train going is unfair & rude.

Lesson learned on me obviously - when someone's train is all screwed up because of the riders before you, don't bother being nice & helpful, simply send the train home.

This has completely soured me on trains.
    Your not required immediately to leave feedback. I dont know if she came up with that and you agreed by joining the tran or what. Its not even in my rules. BUT you cant decide sometime later that you want to change your positive feedback. Thats simply not how any rating system works. Your rating the train on how it got to you, not how it went later on. Thats why I tried to give you a comparison to ebay, once a positive is left (unless Im notified immediately that it was a mistake) it a positive for good. If someone left a neg, and later on fixed the issue and the parties wanted it changed thats different.

I understand your mad that I am not changing it for you, but I'm not going to change a postive feedback sometime later. Do you know how many people would start asking this when they have a tiff with someone etc? However since you said this train was not going well, you should of considered rating it different in the beginning. Any riders who haven't left feedback may still leave appropriate feedback etc.

I hope you understand my side
    Last edited by Sally888; Sun, Feb 5th, 2012 at 03:45 PM.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Your not required immediately to leave feedback. I dont know if she came up with that and you agreed by joining the tran or what. Its not even in my rules. BUT you cant decide sometime later that you want to change your positive feedback. Thats simply not how any rating system works. Your rating the train on how it got to you, not how it went later on. Thats why I tried to give you a comparison to ebay, once a positive is left (unless Im notified immediately that it was a mistake) it a positive for good. If someone left a neg, and later on fixed the issue and the parties wanted it changed thats different.

I understand your mad that I am not changing it for you, but I'm not going to change a postive feedback sometime later. Do you know how many people would start asking this when they have a tiff with someone etc? However since you said this train was not going well, you should of considered rating it different in the beginning. Any riders who haven't left feedback may still leave appropriate feedback etc.

I hope you understand my side
    Not once did I say I was mad that you would not change the rating, I said that the rating system here needs to change.

99% of all trains require you to leave feedback upon receiving the envie - this is not a fair judgment of a train which should encompass the entire 'life cycle' of a train.

What you are saying simply means that there is no point in ever riding another train again, because that one rule is in pretty much every single conductor's rules of the train; point taken, that ends trains for me.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Its your tone of your post thats coming off very angry. You left positive as that marks you were happy. If you decide months down the road that you aren't thats not something I can change. I'm sorry but thats pretty standard. I don't ride trains so I didn't realize that 99% of trains ask for feedback immediately, but its understandable. You agreed to that when you joined the train, and posted that you were happy with it. Most people have no complaints, in fact your the first person to ever be upset about this, since I've been helping out. I will however pm her and discuss your concerns.
    Last edited by Sally888; Sun, Feb 5th, 2012 at 04:05 PM.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

The fact that the same user kloolezz is holding up two of the same conductor's trains for a month yet there is no follow through IMO means that there are too many trains being run at the same time and things are disorganized.

I didn't leave positive remarks because I was happy with getting stuck with a completely screwed up train, I left a positive because I was required to, if I had left a neutral or a negative, you can bet that would have been changed and/or removed because it's 'not the conductor's fault'....

As far as I'm concerned, this conversation is going in circles - I'm done trying to make my point, and I am done riding trains or trading on this site, so none of it matters anymore.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jody22002 View Post
    I have the opposite problem. For some reason, I am usually one of the first riders on a train. The rules of the train will say, for example:

I get the train first, straight from the conductor, close to the end of January and the bulk of the train is Jan 31 expiry, inserts, health and beauty, and craptastic coupons!! It's misleading and very frustrating.
    Ive had that happen before too....
    personally I like being the 2nd or 3rd in line because then theres a nice mixup of coupons.
    but i agree, ive rode on trains with conductors getting rid of their crappy coupons.
    it is annoying

Trading Score
    113 (100%)

Yes! This is so true! I really don't like to ride traditional trains cause chances are there will be crap coupons in there. I would love to get on a train that has something useful in it. I try to make the best of it and take something out so that the postage is worth it, but I can't say I'm taken away by what's in there.

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    Ive had that happen before too....
    personally I like being the 2nd or 3rd in line because then theres a nice mixup of coupons.
    but i agree, ive rode on trains with conductors getting rid of their crappy coupons.
    it is annoying
    Swagbucks is the best way to get free stuff for surfing the web.... please use my referral link
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/AlyssaD11

Lets Trade Coupons Click here ---> Trade List

Learning to Relax NovaScotiaGirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jody22002 View Post

Well said Jody, I totally agree. And then you as one of the first 1 or 2 riders is the one that gets blamed for the lack of decent expiry coupon when there werent any to start :-( Been on a couple of those lately and not sure if I want to continue traditional trains anymore because of it.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I haven't been on a traditional train in possibly two years. I somewhat quit trains after some bad experiences where it turned out that I was losing money by being on them.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    The fact that the same user kloolezz is holding up two of the same conductor's trains for a month yet there is no follow through IMO means that there are too many trains being run at the same time and things are disorganized.

I didn't leave positive remarks because I was happy with getting stuck with a completely screwed up train, I left a positive because I was required to, if I had left a neutral or a negative, you can bet that would have been changed and/or removed because it's 'not the conductor's fault'....

As far as I'm concerned, this conversation is going in circles - I'm done trying to make my point, and I am done riding trains or trading on this site, so none of it matters anymore.
    You are never required to leave a positive if you were not happy and had reasonable cause to leave neutral or negative. I'm sorry that you feel the need not to trade on Sc anymore. I also always get both sides of the story when someone requests a neutral or negative to be removed.

I will be talking to the conductor.
    Last edited by Sally888; Sun, Feb 5th, 2012 at 05:37 PM.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

maybe your just on the wrong traditional trains mine are always awesome or at least thats what riders say to me!

Thread Information