User Tag List

Page 309 of 450 FirstFirst ... 209 259 299 307 308 309 310 311 319 359 409 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 6738
Like Tree3358Likes

Thread: The Official and ONLY Place to Discuss Negative Trade Experiences + Trade Blacklist

Couponing/Honesty do mix
    Trading Score
    123 (97%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I appreciate your feedback....that`s what these discussions are for is hearing different points of view. I would hope that it would be helpful to both conductors and riders to hear what people have to say. I understand your perspective because I have sent a few trains out with no boarding pass, filled them with great stuff, and gotten junk back. To say if you don`t like it, don`t ride is certainly a solution but it doesn`t help change things for the better if people simply stop riding trains. Dialogue is always a good thing if it is open-minded and respectful. It sounds like you run some pretty awesome trains that are well worth the boarding pass of two stamps. Unfortunately, I have not been one of your riders...

Hope you feel better soon...
    I agree that dialog is always good. But the truth is if some conductors are repeatedly running awful trains and people stop riding them then they can't run trains anymore since no riders will ride them, thus leaving the honest condutors and trains.

Give appropriate feedback. Also pm the conductor if it arrives in bad condition to see if they will do anything for you. Everyone(Riders and Conductors) are taking a risk when riding a train. That is a fact. A conductor could send out a great train and yet a rider could get it and find there is nothing they need but the next rider might take a ton. Does that mean the train was bad? No. Riders need to be just as honest as conductors. I have some great riders that ride my trains consistantly. Sometimes they will get a train that has nothing in it they need. Yet they will still leave positive feedback and send a boarding pass even though there was nothing they needed. Why? Because there was a good selection, it arrived in good time, gave clear instructions and they had a seat. I can't predict as a conductor what all my riders need. That is impossible. Now if the conductor sends out a train that has all crap. First contact the conductor to see if it was the conductors fault. When I have had a rider raid my train and the next rider contacts me, in most cases I will ask them to restock the train for the rest of the riders and they get some type of compinsation in return. If it was the conductor sending out a crappy train and they refuse to work with you and such then leave appropriate feedback and then write their name down as a Do Not Ride list.

It is a two way street. Conductors taking most of the risk though. I don't know any conductors that run trains just so others can have a chance at coupons they don't normally get or that they want multiples of. I run trains so that I can get some coupons I want and also so I can see coupons from all around the country and get some I might not normally have access to.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Excellent post! There is an element of risk in every train and every trade. I will say that as far as one on one trades go, I have been extremely fortunate and very happy with 99.9% of traders. Trains have been a little more hit and miss for me and I am pretty sure it is usually the riders rather than the conductors that are at the root of it.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well -just reading this thread -very valid points -i have run about 20 regular trains or more -some said they were awesome -i always put out 100.00 or more in cpns usually around 150.00 -boarding pass 2 stamps or 2 coupons from my list -which i feel is reasonable -well i have had people not post in the thtread their ins and outs - hold the train for a month -why i dont know- stolen trains-replaced with bad coupons-(but then there is the good riders who replace a lot more cpns -follow the rules )so it is a chance we take as conductors -now on the flip side i have started to do indivdual trades and have it to be awesome -some do the trade , some add extra-i even had one trade she forgot my 3 cpns -so i messaged her and she sent sorry i will sent them out(an oversite it was) and she sent more to me -communication is the key here- i think i will hold off on regular trains for awhile -just not worth it -plus i dont have a large stash of cpns either to start one right now-just my thoughts

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by newfiebutterfly View Post
    Hey has anyone traded with jocelynd@gmail ?? She posted a while back with 5 $10 pampers coupons and wanted a $25 gc so I told her to send hers first because she had only 1 feedback! That was almost a month ago!!! :s I've sent her numerous messages and no response so I messaged her today and said if I don't here from you by Friday I'm leaving you a negative !! What happens if she does the same to me ?? I don't wanna get a negative for giving a negative!
    Leave a neutral explaining she never sent her end. If she leaves you a neg or neutral I'll remove it.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

I have a question,
    I've rode quite a few traditional trains, but lately ive noticed in many trains that in the instructions part (from the conductor) it says, NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. Your not allowed to leave negative feedback. period.

that cant be right can it?
    Is it possible for a conductor to demand that no negative feedback be left?

doesnt seem right to me.. what if theres an issue?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    I have a question,
    I've rode quite a few traditional trains, but lately ive noticed in many trains that in the instructions part (from the conductor) it says, NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. Your not allowed to leave negative feedback. period.

I don't ride trains, but imo, a conductor can SAY whatever the hell they want. Doesn't make it true. If they deserve a negative feedback, they'll get one, no matter how many times they put that people aren't allowed to leave it.

The worse thing they can do is run to Sally, and I'm sure that if it was a terrible train deserving of a negative feedback, then she'll tell them exactly where to shove it. I would.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crispiecreme View Post
    I agree with peachy, if there was no trade, then no feedback needs to be left. Albeit, it's frustrating, however, if you're not out anything then a neg rating isn't necessary. It would be different if you sent your envie and didn't get one in return.... But you asked her to send her's first (smart on your part)...If you haven't received hers, then presumably you haven't sent yours.... I'd probably just move on and make a mental note not to trade with her in the future
    +1

Couponing/Honesty do mix
    Trading Score
    123 (97%)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteHole View Post
    I don't ride trains, but imo, a conductor can SAY whatever the hell they want. Doesn't make it true. If they deserve a negative feedback, they'll get one, no matter how many times they put that people aren't allowed to leave it.

The worse thing they can do is run to Sally, and I'm sure that if it was a terrible train deserving of a negative feedback, then she'll tell them exactly where to shove it. I would.
    This. Personally I have never seen a train that says no negative feedback but I also don't ride very many trains other then my own except for a select few. Usually what I see is it stated that feedback is requested and then when the train comes in the conductor will give out feedback to those who left it as well. I don't see how a conductor can dictate what feedback to leave since in the end the final judgement is not up to either the rider or the conductor if Sally has to get involved.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    I have a question,

I think you may be mis interpreting " NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK" as I put this in my train rules also but I mean no NEGATIVE FEEDBACK for the people who want to ride my train.....so only those with 100% positive feedback can request a seat...
    Last edited by Jezebel; Mon, Feb 6th, 2012 at 02:46 PM.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I think Jezz has corrected what that statement meant, no trader or train can literally say positive feedback must be left no matter what, lol that would be overriding our site rules!

Couponing/Honesty do mix
    Trading Score
    123 (97%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzeebelle View Post
    I think you may be mis interpreting " NO NEGATIVE FEEDBACK" as I put this in my train rules also but I mean no NEGATIVE FEEDBACK for the people who want to ride my train.....so only those with 100% positive feedback can request a seat...
    That makes much more sense. Thanks Jezz and Sally for the clarifacation

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well -just reading this thread -very valid points -i have run about 20 regular trains or more -some said they were awesome -i always put out 100.00 or more in cpns usually around 150.00 -boarding pass 2 stamps or 2 coupons from my list -which i feel is reasonable -well i have had people not post in the thtread their ins and outs - hold the train for a month -why i dont know- stolen trains-replaced with bad coupons-(but then there is the good riders who replace a lot more cpns -follow the rules )so it is a chance we take as conductors -now on the flip side i have started to do indivdual trades and have it to be awesome -some do the trade , some add extra-i even had one trade she forgot my 3 cpns -so i messaged her and she sent sorry i will sent them out(an oversite it was) and she sent more to me -communication is the key here- i think i will hold off on regular trains for awhile -just not worth it -plus i dont have a large stash of cpns either to start one right now-just my thoughts

I really like the idea of having the option of "2 coupons from my wishlist" as a boarding pass. That really makes sense to me....

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzeebelle View Post
    Ahh okay yea i misunderstood lol makes sense now

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Can someone link me the "whats a trade worth" page? I can't for the life of me find it and I figured someone here may point me in the direction!
    ~~ i just scored a FREE wireless printer thanks to SWAGBUCKS! The reward community that works! Sign up now to try it out -- http://www.swagbucks.com/lilmonke

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

I hosted my first regular train back in November, it had $100+ and 4 BOGO's. All of the coupons were tearpads and the rule was there were to be no insert coupons or no more than 3 of each coupon in the envelope. There were two seperate envelopes one for the west one for the east. WELL I will tell you I am never running a regular train again. The west train ran perfect and smooth, came back to me in a month with no problems whatsoever. Each rider updated the thread as it went in and out, it came back to me perfect. The east train however was a whole different story.

The first rider was on the east coast, took $40 replaced $40.... Then it took 3 weeks for it to get to the next rider in ON. $15 in and $13 or so out. Next stop was my friend in TO, it took another 2 weeks to get to her. Once she got it she told me that some coupons were expired, half were expiring 2 weeks from when she got it, and that about 1/3 of the envelope were insert coupons. She replaced a majority of the coupons and I waived her BP (which was 2 coupons from my wishlist). 8 riders and 2 + months later I finally received the envelope... I was completely miffed. About 1/3 of them had expired, there were inserts and crazy multiples of coupons (5 or more of ONE). I didn't leave feedback for any of the riders.

I didn't know how to approach it, I mean how am I supposed to determine who put inserts, multiples or soon to expires? No one gave me proper updates or told me that the rules were bent so what the fudge?!?

I just joined my first VWL in a long time, and I don't think I will join one ever again. I get that it is a lot of work to host these as I have done a few myself. BUT IMO if you are adding yourself as a passenger on the train why should you ask for an additional BP? So now I am giving the conductor their 3 WL coupons, plus their BP which is 4 stamps (3 to send back, and one to keep) PLUS an additional WL coupon.

When I hosted my trains all I asked for was the postage (2 stamps or $1.25 stamp) to send it back, nothing else.

Thread Information