User Tag List

Page 310 of 450 FirstFirst ... 210 260 300 308 309 310 311 312 320 360 410 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 6738
Like Tree3358Likes

Thread: The Official and ONLY Place to Discuss Negative Trade Experiences + Trade Blacklist

Couponing/Honesty do mix
    Trading Score
    123 (97%)

shmeelady I am so sorry your first experience as a conductor was like that. Sadly I have also experienced all that you discribed. The only way I have found to try and control it is first my Do Not Ride list. If there is a major issue and I can pin it to 1 or 2 riders, but can't tell for sure which one then I just add them both to the list if they are first time riders on my train. If I can I try to place long time riders interspersed with New riders. This way it goes to first a rider I trust then a new rider, then a rider a trust and then a new rider and so on. That way if something bad happens I know one of the riders I trust will let me know right away and I can more easily fix the issue right away and know which rider to add to my list of Do Not Ride. It is not perfect, as I have had a higher rep rider steal a train but it does help a lot. There is no perfect answer sadly. But for me the key is the Do Not Ride List and knowing which repeat riders I can trust.

As for the VWL I don't ride them. I have no problem with a boarding pass since the conductor of these types of trains put in a ton of work but I am finding many are asking for crazy BP's which is unreasonable and also that many riders seem to be recieving expired coupons when they get theirs back. For me there is much more risk with those trains but that is me. Sorry that I couldn't help more

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

The trade and train rating system is intended to help us know who to trust. But there are so many unknowns with a train. Was it rider A or B? Or Canada Post?

Even though a train says no coupons BEFORE March 31 say, people toss in "extras" that expire sooner. You'll see the conductor will say they're doing it.

Hmm maybe there is a way to run a train to make it more transparent. I'm going to think on it.

I have found that many of the trains that I have run during my first year, derailed so I stopped. I have run other trains that I knew were high risk of derailing.

If you have a tried and true group of friends to ride with, works the best.
    Last edited by Giving-Small; Mon, Feb 6th, 2012 at 07:35 PM.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

The only ay I seem not to get CRAPTISTIC coupons back is run 3-4 small trains with only 3 riders....so in order for me to find diff coupons I do mini trains for each province but keep all the trains in one thread so it is easier to keep track of them...having only a few riders has actually kept my trains from becoming derailed or coming home with mainly expired coupons...

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giving-Small View Post
    The trade and train rating system is intended to help us know who to trust. But there are so many unknowns with a train. Was it rider A or B? Or Canada Post?
    Another reason I soured from trains.... I had a train, sent it on to the next then get a PM saying next person says it's light, fully of crap, ect... I was like the first stop. But I know I didn't take more than I put in (and accounted for it on the sheet) and I didn't put in crap coupons. But it became a he said/she said and I felt totally insulted. I know I wasn't in the wrong, but I couldn't prove it. Doesn't make you want to ride trains when it leaves you feeling upset.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seventhwave View Post
    Can someone link me the "whats a trade worth" page? I can't for the life of me find it and I figured someone here may point me in the direction!
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/257044-...-2-0-a-canada/

Frugal is not being cheap cherielake's Avatar
    Trading Score
    397 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post

I just joined my first VWL in a long time, and I don't think I will join one ever again. I get that it is a lot of work to host these as I have done a few myself. BUT IMO if you are adding yourself as a passenger on the train why should you ask for an additional BP? So now I am giving the conductor their 3 WL coupons, plus their BP which is 4 stamps (3 to send back, and one to keep) PLUS an additional WL coupon.

When I hosted my trains all I asked for was the postage (2 stamps or $1.25 stamp) to send it back, nothing else.
    sorry I only ask for so much cause I've had lots of people send the wrong coupons, and this way I kinda get compinsated. I've conducted trains for a while, and every single train I have done, at least 2 people send wrong coupons.
    I guess maybe I should re-evalute my Boarding pass. But at least I'm not asking for FPC's or 5 stamps, or GC's like alot of other conductors I've seen on here

Looking for some cute or fun handmade gifts? Check out my facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/bowtique.ccs

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

it cracks me up every time it happens ....ppl post random without mentioning names so unless we already know we are left to wonder who they are talking about.....I have come to discover if you wait in about 3-4 posts the person who THINKS it is them being talked about comes on and reveals themself !!
    Last edited by Jezebel; Mon, Feb 6th, 2012 at 10:51 PM.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cherielake View Post
    sorry I only ask for so much cause I've had lots of people send the wrong coupons, and this way I kinda get compinsated. I've conducted trains for a while, and every single train I have done, at least 2 people send wrong coupons.
    I guess maybe I should re-evalute my Boarding pass. But at least I'm not asking for FPC's or 5 stamps, or GC's like alot of other conductors I've seen on here
    I saw that ppl wanting a G.C as a boarding pass

Frugal is not being cheap cherielake's Avatar
    Trading Score
    397 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzeebelle View Post
    it cracks me up every time it happens ....ppl post random without mentioning names so unless we already know we are left to wonder who they are talking about.....I have come to discover if you wait in about 3-4 posts the person who THINKS it is them being talked about comes on and reveals themself !!
    lol she did just join my vwl train, so I'm sure its me (after saying its the first she joined in a while)
    But alot of the time, and now that stamps have gone up it does cost 3 to send back. And Im not the only one that has bp's like this. But yes GC's as boarding passes. I think thats a little much. Yes VLT's are alot of work and can some times be time consuming but a gc.. wow. LOL

Looking for some cute or fun handmade gifts? Check out my facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/bowtique.ccs

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Been riding trains since I joined SC over a year now.

Find the follow from my experiences:

1. Boarding pass are getting to high. Have been conducting trains on other groups/boards and never asked for a boarding pass. I didn't know what it was until I joined this board. Boy I have been missing out for doing the work....

2. Not all conductors leave feedback after the train has returned home but demand it for all riders. I was leave FB within 1 day of posting and still get reminder PM which I think is ridicules.

3. Was on 2 different traditional trains and the postage was between $3.50-$4.00 to send plus Boarding Pass. Was not very happy about spending so much on postage.

4. People don't clean out expired coupons most the time. I understand Canada Post is slow but when I get half of the train full of expired it's not fair. Canada Post charges by weight so I always clean them out. Why waste my money sending expired train to the next person? I don't want the conductor to think that I'm taking more and just saying that they are expired also.

I love getting the volume of coupons to help my household and many other friends/family/charities too. Just want to post the above since it has been bugging me for a while.
    Last edited by Keykey; Mon, Feb 6th, 2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: grammar errors
    Ebates Rocks!! Shop online & get cash back...
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=4GCxUWjWWJs%3D

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

I dont think this belongs here but not sure whee to ask...

I actually managed to get a raok code that someone posted in a thread. I left a positive feedback because i really do apreciate it and am glad I got it. I'm just wondering if it was apropriate to leave a thank you feedback or not. (I usually do leave feedbacks for raoks that people send me for coupons and stuff. but where this was in a thread I'm not sure of the protocol.)
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post

I actually managed to get a raok code that someone posted in a thread. I left a positive feedback because i really do apreciate it and am glad I got it. I'm just wondering if it was apropriate to leave a thank you feedback or not. (I usually do leave feedbacks for raoks that people send me for coupons and stuff. but where this was in a thread I'm not sure of the protocol.)
    I always leave feedback for Raok's and I say thanks so others also see this peep sends out raok's I feel it adds to their character

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Sorry I used yours as an example. It's not terrible otherwise I wouldn't have joined your train. I DO like your rule about having online coupons though, I mean the VWT's that I have hosted got ridiculous, everyone had high value coupons for every point... I guess that was my problem for doing a point system train. Some people had $3 Tim's GC as their 4 point option! Who in their right mind is going to send someone a $3 GC plus coupons on a train. I mean it isn't gauranteed that the person who sends the GC is going to come out with great coupons in the end... is it?!

It does make sense asking for more, if you expect to get wrong coupons. That way when you have to replace someones coupon, you technically aren't out anything. I understand that far too well as I have had to replace quite a few coupons on my trains. That's why I personally gave up on hosting them, I put a lot of work into organizing and stuff how hard was it for the person who was sending out to be organized to.

I haven't been in the train exchange for a while, so I am not sure what to expect with BP's and such. But FPC's and GC's as a BP?!? Seriously people. That's just as bad as people offering you $8 in low value coupons and wanting a GC in return!

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Also thought I should mention that you don't have to worry about me giving out any wrong coupons Even though I had my envelope out fast as all heck, everything is in order and i think everyone got their biggest wishes in my envelope

Just too full of myself.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

I always leave RAOK feedback, it is very much appreciated and they should be thanked no matter what - however not manditory

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post

Thread Information