User Tag List

Page 312 of 450 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 310 311 312 313 314 322 362 412 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 6738
Like Tree3358Likes

Thread: The Official and ONLY Place to Discuss Negative Trade Experiences + Trade Blacklist

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Yes, it is a lot of work to conduct a train, as some of us coupon at midnight and can't see clearly. Then the conductor gets the envelope and looks at the bundles and goes "WTH"...and pm to check, replace, etc. etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    Conducting is not as easy as some may think. The happiness of all riders depends on 1 person, the conductor. Conductors SHOULD check all bundles and fix all errors. Most of the time, the error is just a mistake. We are human folks, mistakes happen. Most conductors will use their own stamps and/or coupons to fix the mistake of a rider as to not hold up the entire train waiting for replacement stamps/coupons.

Asking for 4 P stamps as a BP is not unreasonable. 95% of the time, it does take the 3 stamps to send back the envie. The conductor gets to keep 1 stamp. $0.61 to ensure you get coupons you were wishing for doesn’t seem unfair to me.

Each conductor/train has their own rules. If you don’t like them, don’t like the boarding pass; don’t like the other riders, etc........ Pass on joining. Join another train that has a more comfortable boarding pass.

I personally state the rule “no gift cards”. Other conductors allow it. I might still ride those trains but I choose not to send gift cards. Most wishlists have enough choices.

Some of the boarding passes are “higher” but with good reason. I’m going to use Coyote00 as an example. She consistently has prizes that are STELLAR! Examples would be: $3 Tim Card, $5 Wal-Mart Card, 10 P stamps, FPC’s, Call-ins, etc--- these are all on 1 train. These trains are being called “VWT GAME TRAINS”. They are a blast. Many laughs. So, I look at is a $3.66(5 P stamps) to get an envie of coupons I want and some entertainment.

I understand that some people don’t enjoy trains. It is unfortunate that some riders have had bad experiences, but please try to remember that there are some FANTASTIC conductors out there and some EXCELLENT riders that share great coupons.

Just my thoughts....

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cherielake View Post
    I wa thinking the same but not sure if she would send one back. LOL
    Ikinda don't want to be pushy, or come off pushy, and she has left feedback yet either lol
    um, yeah i'd ask which one you wanted back.
    I got a coupon from a company for a defective product... it took forever to come, so i emailed them and just inquired if it was still coming. I ended up with 2 in the span of a week, so I wrote the company and explained and asked if i could send it back... and they said don't worry about it.

People are strange. do you think she is holding your trade rating hostage?

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

It would be nice of the trader to OFFER to send one of the envies back to you

I know that has happened to me with another trader. First envie never showed up to me, the trader sent out another and then they showed up within days of each other. I told them of this and that I was more than happy to send either envie back or if they wanted me to keep it that we should work out another trade so they got something else in return.

In the end the other trader said don't worry about it, so I left RAOK feedback for the second envie

Quote Originally Posted by cherielake View Post
    So I have a question.. I did a trade with a lady, and she said she didn't get mine, so I sent another envie out to her. The first one showed up and then second showed up the next day. Would you ask for your replacement back? she informed me that they arrived and she'd leave feedback. I was just surprised she didn't offer to send the second back. Should I just ask her to leave a raok rating for the second? This has never happened to me before so Im kinda sitting here scratching my head.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    Conducting is not as easy as some may think. The happiness of all riders depends on 1 person, the conductor. Conductors SHOULD check all bundles and fix all errors.

I totally agree! I recently rode a train, the conductor has a very high trade rating. When I received my coupons from all the riders there were numerous mistakes. I contacted the conductor & she tells me she never checks what's sent in, that checking is not the conductor's job and if I have an issue with another rider I should contact that rider.

I was very disappointed to hear this. In my opinion this is the conductor's job- this is what the boarding pass is for, the extra time & effort to make sure all riders are happy.

Frugal is not being cheap cherielake's Avatar
    Trading Score
    397 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matchstix View Post
    um, yeah i'd ask which one you wanted back.
    I got a coupon from a company for a defective product... it took forever to come, so i emailed them and just inquired if it was still coming. I ended up with 2 in the span of a week, so I wrote the company and explained and asked if i could send it back... and they said don't worry about it.

People are strange. do you think she is holding your trade rating hostage?
    She finally left a trade rating but never did get back to me.
    After she left one for the trade I got one for an RAOK. lol gees

Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    It would be nice of the trader to OFFER to send one of the envies back to you

I know that has happened to me with another trader. First envie never showed up to me, the trader sent out another and then they showed up within days of each other. I told them of this and that I was more than happy to send either envie back or if they wanted me to keep it that we should work out another trade so they got something else in return.

In the end the other trader said don't worry about it, so I left RAOK feedback for the second envie
    It would have been nice yes. But I kinda didn't get the chance to answer back. I guess lesson learned. If it happens again I'll wait an extra week to send a replacement, and then say if my other one happens to get there please send the replacement back

Looking for some cute or fun handmade gifts? Check out my facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/bowtique.ccs

Frugal is not being cheap cherielake's Avatar
    Trading Score
    397 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ErinsMom View Post
    I totally agree! I recently rode a train, the conductor has a very high trade rating. When I received my coupons from all the riders there were numerous mistakes. I contacted the conductor & she tells me she never checks what's sent in, that checking is not the conductor's job and if I have an issue with another rider I should contact that rider.

I was very disappointed to hear this. In my opinion this is the conductor's job- this is what the boarding pass is for, the extra time & effort to make sure all riders are happy.
    Your right, well IMO anyways. I believe its up to the conductor to check over coupons. Whats the point of having a conductor, and paying a boarding pass if they aren't going to work for it? Just my thoughts but I don't think thats right

Looking for some cute or fun handmade gifts? Check out my facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/bowtique.ccs

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

ErinsMom and I rode the same train and both had a few incorrect coupons. I know that riders can and do make mistakes. I have done it myself and have really appreciated it when the conductor PMed me so that I could correct it. If conductors don't check the coupons then what's the boarding pass (and the 'very much appreciated extra coupons') for? And given the fact that boarding passes are getting more and more expensive, the conductor should offer something of value for it. Maybe there should be a "guidelines for conductors" sticky in the train section. And, yes, maybe a "guidelines for riders" should be a sticky, too!

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    ErinsMom and I rode the same train and both had a few incorrect coupons. I know that riders can and do make mistakes. I have done it myself and have really appreciated it when the conductor PMed me so that I could correct it. If conductors don't check the coupons then what's the boarding pass (and the 'very much appreciated extra coupons') for? And given the fact that boarding passes are getting more and more expensive, the conductor should offer something of value for it. Maybe there should be a "guidelines for conductors" sticky in the train section. And, yes, maybe a "guidelines for riders" should be a sticky, too!
    Yes, it's true that riders do make mistakes without even realizing it and it is up to the conductor (IMO) to ensure that all riders are happy. I like that idea though of having a "guidelines for conductors" and "guidelines for riders" sticky in the train section. That is a fabulous idea.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

This isn't a negative trade experience, but I thought it might brighten things up on here a bit.

I just completed a small trade with someone and they received their end and had mentioned that I only sent one of a certain when the agreement was two. She also said it's ok, I still left positive for you and you can fix it the next time we trade. (I should mention we have never traded before this, so there is no previous rapore built). I searched through my messages to find the confirmation of the trade and the trade was done properly on both sides so I messaged her and told her this. She messaged me back today and was really kind. I love that she was nice through the whole trade, even when she thought that I had made a mistake.

I just thought I would share that there are still some FABULOUS traders out there who are extremely reasonable and kind. Made my day brighter

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

I have rode on some very disappointing trains lately, traditional trains so poorly organized. I received 2 recently with no indication of who's train it was, no rules attached, no conductor wish lists- just a looseleaf page with hen scratched addresses. Took me a while to go back thru all my trains & match up who's train it was. Another recent train the conductor isn't leaving feedback or keeping things posted in the thread. And of course my recent beef- conductors who won't check the coupons that are sent in for their own trains.

Too many inexperienced riders trying to conduct their owns trains. Really should someone with a trade rating of 5 be conducting their own train? They haven't even been a passenger enough yet. I didn't even consider running my own train until I had close to 100 trade rating. These inexperienced trains/conductors that often end up with unsatisfied riders are giving a bad name to trains all around lately.

Some really great conductors can't fill their fabulous trains lately because the pool is so diluted with inexperienced unorganized conductors.

Can the mods impose some rules? Like no conductors with a rating under 100, no more than 2 or 3 trains per conductor at one time for example?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

sometimes I struggle to keep up, like now......have a ton of potential trades that hit my inbox right when my aunt passed away, and things rapidly fell apart.
    Thre are 2 particular auctions that I ran, well hate to admit it, but probably now a month ago, and still the envelopes are sitting here to be mailed out.....

Am I the only one that gets overwhelmed with lifes happenings....like I am now?? MY ADD is of the wall and focus is a struggle on even a good day, and I really dont like doctors that just tell me that I have to deal with certain challenges just because I am getting older....really?? 55 and still bxxhing like hell....lol!!

My only savings grace is that I am a generous trader, and have filled the envelopes going to them with things off their wish list plus many extras, the envelopes will cost me a fortune to mail, but that is my responsibility and I guess the guilt I have at not having mailed these a few weeks ago....

sometimes I think that crawling into a hole is a smart thing to do, but in the end the envelopes still have to be mailed out...ak!!

ok that is my vent out the door......thanks for listening!!
    Last edited by minouchefreedom; Sat, Feb 11th, 2012 at 06:18 PM.
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/29636...6361680429066/
    Join Calgary Coupon Stacking Club Face Book page, for great info all about stacking your savings back into your pockets.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Some really great conductors can't fill their fabulous trains lately because the pool is so diluted with inexperienced unorganized conductors.

Can the mods impose some rules? Like no conductors with a rating under 100, no more than 2 or 3 trains per conductor at one time for example?

I agree, seems like things are getting out of hand lately.

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

I have rode on some very disappointing trains lately, traditional trains so poorly organized. I received 2 recently with no indication of who's train it was, no rules attached, no conductor wish lists- just a looseleaf page with hen scratched addresses. Took me a while to go back thru all my trains & match up who's train it was. Another recent train the conductor isn't leaving feedback or keeping things posted in the thread. And of course my recent beef- conductors who won't check the coupons that are sent in for their own trains.
    i agree with establishing guidelines for the conductors as well.

The last train I rode - everyone except for the conductor left me feedback from her Nov train. I pm'd her, left a message on her wall and Sally pm'd her as well but she just ignores the messages. Unfortunately I can't do anything about it because I already left her a positive feedback when I received the envie in Dec.

Trading Score
    168 (100%)

I honestly had no idea that people felt like this otherwise I never would have started hosting trains so early. I feel really bad and I didn’t mean to step on any toes. I won’t run any more trains until I reach at least 100.

Too many inexperienced riders trying to conduct their owns trains. Really should someone with a trade rating of 5 be conducting their own train? They haven't even been a passenger enough yet. I didn't even consider running my own train until I had close to 100 trade rating. These inexperienced trains/conductors that often end up with unsatisfied riders are giving a bad name to trains all around lately.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post

I agree, seems like things are getting out of hand lately.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla54321 View Post
    I honestly had no idea that people felt like this otherwise I never would have started hosting trains so early. I feel really bad and I didn’t mean to step on any toes. I won’t run any more trains until I reach at least 100.
    I don't think you should stop hosting trains as you also ride them and are aware how they work

NOWHERE on SC is there a rule saying you can't host trains ......I understand how other's feel Trains have become out of control (some have 10 trains going) and some guide lines should be in place
    but until they are ....
    Last edited by Jezebel; Sun, Feb 12th, 2012 at 12:46 AM.

Thread Information