Trading Score
    171 (100%)

You said it so well lotsasavings!!
    jasperandchar likes this.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I figured out couponing years ago before I ran into SC now it is just the Cherry on top!lol

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nephora View Post
    This is about me. I am looking for my father to buy me a laptop before he quits his job. When he does the money is cut off for me and my mom. Which means we have no money and can't buy anything.
    Then why the NEED for a $1200 laptop?

that's true. i deleted my thread about the laptop since people think i'm lying and assuming
    no, most of us were curious as to why the desire to purchase an expensive toy when you are going to be left penniless.

Kalmel dad is quitting his job and retiring. So he gets about 1000$ a month of living expenses and owns his own house. So no it wont help so stop saying i'm a liar when you don't know the whole story. That's it i'm leaving this thread people are making me sad here.
    No-one said you were lying, just there seemed to be a disconnect between having little money and using the last of it on friviolties rather than using it to built up a stock-pile or pay off debts.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Go to the library to use the computer there. No one NEEDS a laptop.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

lf people are disabled there is disability from the government and welfare that you could apply for . lf things are really tough that is where you should be trying to get help not asking people for all free product coupons.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Totally agree with everyone comments, no one here is rich that I know of anyways but that is besides the point. We all have or are still struggling. Couponing has allowed my family to go on a little 3 day vacation this year to Kingston, while Kingston is not far it was nice to get away from it all. We did use coupons for our hotel, Fort Henry and ate at restaurants they had free meals for kids, etc....We were still reasonable even thought it was our 1st REAL family vacation EVER.

People who are sick or dissabled could apply for CPP or ODSP to live a little better financially, of course this does not solve all of your problems but it's a start.

Food Banks are there to help out whenever they can, they do I believe, however, have to have proof of the circumstances and family members to know how much food is required. The one that I donate to only allows people to go once a month.

I help people when I can, in a way I can, I am an avid supported of families that need assistance BUT if they started asking for things like Chocolate instead of the bare necessities I would simply not help (sorry).

I am not attaking anyone in particular and don't wish ill feelings to anyone reading this, it is only my thoughts & perspective.
    KK7, Kalmel, Judyhill and 3 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

This is about me. I am looking for my father to buy me a laptop before he quits his job. When he does the money is cut off for me and my mom. Which means we have no money and can't buy anything.
    now i've re-read this thread...I'm even more annoyed on your father's behalf..you want ..nay...expect him to spend his last pay-check on you..not for his pleasure or needs..That's the height of being entitled..

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

dariusz8 likes this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Anyone have one of these they could spare? I am in dire need. Will trade for stamps if necessary.

KK7, mcminsen, lecale and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i'm well aware of that thread, TYVM...OTOH... well...nephora has a history of being less than an innocent party.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I, too, am quite aware of the mixed messages and I am very wary of 'hard luck' stories. OTOH, I have an unsettling feeling that this thread could get very nasty. It's just making me rather uncomfortable...
    thriftygranny likes this.

Trading Score
    393 (100%)

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/307134-...-train-canada/

Found this in the trains section... Wishlist is interesting, to say the least... What happened to the essentials? Toilet paper? Toothpaste? Soap? Shampoo? Hmm... Just saying!

I just ignore hard luck stories if they sound fishy.
    CheriBomb likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I wana Mactini

thriftygranny likes this.

Trading Score
    171 (100%)

It seems people always have a way of telling the truth on themselves!
    I love the SC community because most people are kind and easy to deal with and everyone has the same goal--we all want to save a few bucks on stuff we always buy (and I think this is true regardless of economic status). I love that most people have it in mind to do this to help themselves, and in the process help others. I don't love feeling like someone is trying to manipulate me into dealing with them with stories (true or not) about a poor circumstance. Everyone hits hard times, and that's why we have family and friends we can turn to. SC is a place where people come to be educated on how to help themselves and can find others who will work with them (via trades/trains/info) because of a mutual goal (saving money). I personally think its quite presumptuous to try and gain a little "extra" with stories. I have found that if you give a little you do tend to get a lot back here, which you can in turn give to others so they can do the same. I would hope to see more of that kind of action on here than "poor me" stories. (and honestly, I usually do!). I just hope that if people have purposely taken advantage of others that they search their own hearts and make things right. What goes around comes around, and I hope each person is making way for positive returns and not negative.
    aussie, mcminsen, Minou and 14 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Very nice post, littlenom....
    CheriBomb likes this.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information