User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I am in the process of planning my daughter's first birthday. It's a complete Care Bears theme (the 80's version). I've been able to find a lot on ebay, especially these adorable little Care Bears loot bags. Now the problem is I dont know what to put in them! The kids that are coming to the party are all under 4, most of them are in between 1 & 2 years. Does anyone have suggestions or ideas about what to put in the loot bags?

The only things I can think of are:
    • Bath toys (rubber ducky etc)
    • Board Books
    • Cloth Books
    Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: Ebay

Trading Score
    445 (99%)

My sons 1st birthday is this month too... and we are stuck as well! We only have about 5 kids under 3 coming, so I picked up some of the Halloween rubber ducks at Wal-mart for $1.27 each. For a a treat for the young ones, I bought the Heinz baby Granola bars. That's as far as we have gotten! The boards books is a good idea though... you can usually find some good ones at the Dollar Store!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I think when they are that young there is no need to please them. I went to a kids party with younging like that and the loot bag was a Tim Horton's gift card, lemme tell you every mother left the party very happy.
    You can always put out a bowl of some Halloween candy and maybe some small boxes of ceral since little ones love that stuff. I would not go crazy with toys for them and even those bath toys be careful as many of them are made in China and with warm water toxins can be released

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amycrows View Post
    I think when they are that young there is no need to please them.

I would not go crazy with toys for them and even those bath toys be careful as many of them are made in China and with warm water toxins can be released
    I agree with all of this. One year olds don't really need much, food is probably the most satisfying thing.

And stay AWAY from the dollar stores IMO. Nothing in there that's good for a little one! There's been more than a couple of problems with dollar store stuff over the years, I don't trust it at all.

Have fun!

Z

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    And stay AWAY from the dollar stores IMO. Nothing in there that's good for a little one! There's been more than a couple of problems with dollar store stuff over the years, I don't trust it at all.

Z
    I agree, most everything is made in China, and it has even been proven that many things like the kids toys and even the earrings contain such a high level of lead...

What about some infant socks? Some really cute ones, many places you can get colorful ones in packs of 6, you could put one in each bag..

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Thanks for the idea's.

I know that the kids dont need much but I want to get them something. There's only 5 or 6 kids coming, but there is A LOT of adults so we couldn't afford to get all the parents a GC's!

The loot bags are cloth so they can be re-used. Great for the little girls (only 1 boy coming to the party).

Socks and Food both seem good. I went to Chapter's today to price out board books also.

I agree with staying away from the dollar store for toys/food but I would think the books would be okay, especially the cloth kind you can wash?

Any other suggestions?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

What about little hair barette so the moms can use them on the little girls? Or pony tails?

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

ok don't know how cheap you can get these for, but little wooden puzzles, or those foamy puzzles. My DD is 14 months and just loves things she can take apart.
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Litesandsirens911 View Post
    What about little hair barette so the moms can use them on the little girls? Or pony tails?
    ohh good idea
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    ok don't know how cheap you can get these for, but little wooden puzzles, or those foamy puzzles. My DD is 14 months and just loves things she can take apart.
    WM has little wooden puzzles for under $3...we've picked some up for our grandson. As for dollar stores and babies, I totally agree!! The things made in China do not adhere to Canadian standards and contain all manner of crap. We wouldn't even touch anything canned from there....and thank goodness Canada now processes canned Canadian mushrooms! I really missed the convenience of those! LOL!!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I LOVE the idea of the wooden puzzles and with only 5 or 6 kids it wouldn't be crazy expensive. THANKS! I'll have to check them out at WM next time I go.

I also like the idea for Hair Clips for the girls. I'll look at Claire's next time I'm at the mall. Sometimes they have the 10 for $10. I could get extra!

Thanks for all the help!

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I buy books and puzzles at $ Store all the time.....they have 3 pack of small Elmo board books for $1....would be perfect for loot bags....I did that and you can buy chunky crayons and small coloring books for the little ones....I just bought a few packs of crayons and put a few in each loot bag......

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

I am trying to remember for my son's birthday party. There were only a few kids and they were all about 1 years old. I recall putting in, a Baby Mum Mum pack (just a single one), crayons, stickers, and I found a 2 pack of infant spoons on clearance I also put in.

I know balloons aren't great for a 1 or 2 year old, but they all love them. And I think those foil ones are ok and would be safe. They sell them now at dollarama for 1.25 (I think!) You could always tie one to the bags, I am sure the kids would love them!
    My family currently has a 1 in 20 chance for a trip for 4 anywhere WestJet flies. Please vote for my son if you can spare a moment. https://apps.facebook.com/rfscontest...93?eid=1800024
    *You can vote daily til Nov 12th. - Just click 'LOVE IT' - THANK YOU

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Some of the things we've put into our little guys bday goody bags or received from other parties are:
    - CDs of the birthday childs favorite songs (absolutely LOVE this idea as they have almost always introduced us to some new kids songs!)
    - onzies or tshirts with iron-on pictures/sayings put on
    - board or cloth books
    - bath toys
    - balls (beach ones or large plastic ones)
    - Raisins, Baby Mum-Mums or Goldfish for the snack
    - sippy cups or baby plates
    - picture frame and then a picture of the birthday boy with my child that was taken at the party was sent with the thank you card
    - the crayola little ones stamps & drawing things (they are roundish animals that are easier for the 1 or 2 yr olds to color with)
    - coloring books (big basic ones with large, simple pictures for the 1 & 2 yr old and then more advanced ones with letters for 3 & 4)
    - wooden train whistles
    - wooden puzzles
    Last edited by Neenerz; Mon, Oct 5th, 2009 at 11:23 AM. Reason: hit the wrong button accidentally before I was finished

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow. At our grandson's 1st b'day we were the two sets of grandparents, his uncle, aunt and cousin from down south, and his Mom and Dad!! I've read where expectations of kids regarding their birthdays as they grew up were absolutely out of this world! Each Mom 'had' to top the other Moms or their kids went balistic!.....Sheesh!! I really doubt our DD will ever succumb to that....When our kids were young, they could have 3 kids over when they were 3, 4 with they were 4....etc...and games/food/cake and icecream was all they needed!
    Wow.Things sure have changed!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information