User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got the same email. (seems a lot of us did!)

I think it's a scam (although I didn't think about it until after I submitted my info).

The entry is very basic - no logos, no colour - all pretty chintzy looking.

Oh well - there go my points!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got this today too. I clicked the links, but ended up deleting the email.

Really curious about what Shoppers has to say about it.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

"Oh well - there go my points!"

not the WORST thing to lose but yes, ah well

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got this email today too. Will keep an eye on this thread just in case although I haven't entered any details...

Looking at the email headers it does look as though it *might* be genuine but I guess you never know!

Code:
    Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 64.34.54.229 as permitted sender) [email protected]

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ya i got the email too - and of course wahoo freebie!! i did the same thing and entered my info........and then decided to check on here to see if it was legit :S
    has anyone heard anything back from shoppers ? id really like to know

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

bummer I got the email tonight... and filled the form out.... I dont have many points anyways!!

Cute Baby! 32.Camden/Zoë jenlively49's Avatar
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

I did it too, subscribing to thread to keep updated

Grateful for the savings
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Also a "winner" but I'm thinking *FAKE*; here's why:

I found a contest similar to that described within the notification e-mail, but there were only 100 winners; too many of us in this forum appear to have won already. With purchase was an automatic entry (essay needed without purchase); you wouldn't have even known that you were entering, so it's possible, but I don't know...

HOW TO ENTER:
    Prize to be awarded nationally. Limit one entry per eligible online registration to the v.i.b. program. All entrants are responsible for ensuring that their contact information is up to date and correct on their Shoppers Optimum Card® / Pharmaprix Optimum Card® account
    NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the contest without making a purchase, please hand-write a 50-word essay about why you like shopping at Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix. You may enter one no purchase entry per day, each essay must be an original and cannot be mechanically reproduced. Include this essay along with your name, Shoppers Optimum Card / Pharmaprix Optimum Card number, address, postal code, and phone number and mail it to: Shoppers Optimum/Pharmaprix Optimum Today’s Parent/Enfant Quebec Magazine Subscription Contest c/o Shoppers Drug Mart, 243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8. All essay entries must be postmarked before midnight, March 6th and received at Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix by no later than Tuesday March 10th, 2009.
    PRIZE DETAILS:
    There is one hundred (100) prizes available to be won among all participating Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix stores. Prize package includes 12 issues to either Today’s Parent magazine or 8 issues to Enfants Quebec depending on the provice the winner resides in. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times. No substitutions or cash redemptions allowed. Contest Sponsors and Prize Suppliers reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater approximate value. Approximate retail value is $17.95 for Today’s Parent and $14.95 for Enfants Quebec. Actual retail value will vary based on winner’s point of departure and location of prize. Contest Sponsors and Prize Suppliers are not responsible for any game or event that is cancelled, delayed, or rescheduled for any reason beyond their control. In the event that the prize does not occur for any reason, this contest shall be null and void and the Contest Sponsors (including Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix and its affiliates and their respective licensees) shall have no obligation to provide the prizes outlined herein or any substitute thereof to the winners.
    CHANCES OF WINNING:
    The odds of winning depend on the total number of online registrants to the v.ib.TM program from February 28th to March 6th and number of no purchase entries received between February 28th and Tuesday March 10th.
    THE DRAWING:
    One hundred (100) entries will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received from all registrations and received by no purchase. A random draw will be made for each participating store at the Shoppers Drug Mart central office in Toronto on Friday March 20th. All entries become the property of Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix. All winners will be notified via email within seven (7) days of the draw date listed above. In order to win, the selected entrants must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill testing question to be administered by phone at a mutually convenient time and then sign a standard declaration/release form confirming compliance with the contest rules and acceptance of the prize as awarded. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within fourteen (14) days, or does not meet all of the contest conditions, they forfeit any rights to the prize, and another entrant will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.

However, it states that the draw was to take place on March 20th and that winners would be notified within seven days.

I'll call them tomorrow, unless someone beats me to it.
    Last edited by Nice Sass; Mon, Nov 23rd, 2009 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Removed formdesk bit; I see that SDM is one their reference list.

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

however, it is the same email that my other optimum info comes from. Is there a way for someone to hack this, and send emails from shoppers email address?

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Great Detective Work

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Sass View Post
    Also a "winner" but I'm thinking *FAKE*; here's why:

I found a contest similar to that described within the notification e-mail, but there were only 100 winners; too many of us in this forum appear to have won already. With purchase was an automatic entry (essay needed without purchase); you wouldn't have even known that you were entering, so it's possible, but I don't know...

HOW TO ENTER:
    Prize to be awarded nationally. Limit one entry per eligible online registration to the v.i.b. program. All entrants are responsible for ensuring that their contact information is up to date and correct on their Shoppers Optimum Card® / Pharmaprix Optimum Card® account
    NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the contest without making a purchase, please hand-write a 50-word essay about why you like shopping at Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix. You may enter one no purchase entry per day, each essay must be an original and cannot be mechanically reproduced. Include this essay along with your name, Shoppers Optimum Card / Pharmaprix Optimum Card number, address, postal code, and phone number and mail it to: Shoppers Optimum/Pharmaprix Optimum Today’s Parent/Enfant Quebec Magazine Subscription Contest c/o Shoppers Drug Mart, 243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8. All essay entries must be postmarked before midnight, March 6th and received at Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix by no later than Tuesday March 10th, 2009.
    PRIZE DETAILS:
    There is one hundred (100) prizes available to be won among all participating Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix stores. Prize package includes 12 issues to either Today’s Parent magazine or 8 issues to Enfants Quebec depending on the provice the winner resides in. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times. No substitutions or cash redemptions allowed. Contest Sponsors and Prize Suppliers reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater approximate value. Approximate retail value is $17.95 for Today’s Parent and $14.95 for Enfants Quebec. Actual retail value will vary based on winner’s point of departure and location of prize. Contest Sponsors and Prize Suppliers are not responsible for any game or event that is cancelled, delayed, or rescheduled for any reason beyond their control. In the event that the prize does not occur for any reason, this contest shall be null and void and the Contest Sponsors (including Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix and its affiliates and their respective licensees) shall have no obligation to provide the prizes outlined herein or any substitute thereof to the winners.
    CHANCES OF WINNING:
    The odds of winning depend on the total number of online registrants to the v.ib.TM program from February 28th to March 6th and number of no purchase entries received between February 28th and Tuesday March 10th.
    THE DRAWING:
    One hundred (100) entries will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received from all registrations and received by no purchase. A random draw will be made for each participating store at the Shoppers Drug Mart central office in Toronto on Friday March 20th. All entries become the property of Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix. All winners will be notified via email within seven (7) days of the draw date listed above. In order to win, the selected entrants must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill testing question to be administered by phone at a mutually convenient time and then sign a standard declaration/release form confirming compliance with the contest rules and acceptance of the prize as awarded. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within fourteen (14) days, or does not meet all of the contest conditions, they forfeit any rights to the prize, and another entrant will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.

However, it states that the draw was to take place on March 20th and that winners would be notified within seven days.

Next, if you click on the link (within the e-mail) where you submit your name and optimum number, did anyone notice that the link is to FORMDESK.COM and not to SDM itself? Formdesk is an online tool for creating forms and performing online data collection. When I look at the SDM webpage, specifically the Optimum section, no other forms send you to formdesk. Everything else is done through shoppersoptimum.ca directly, without sending you to a third-party host.

I'll call them tomorrow, unless someone beats me to it.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Thanks SC!
    I too was a bit suspicious when I read this email. Especially when I clicked the link and it asked for my card number. I decided to do a little "google-ing" and was glad to come upon this thread. I will definitely be paying attention to this.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

"February 28th until March 6th, 2009."

I wasn't even an Optimum member until June of this year. I just got this email too.
    Don't forget to click the green up arrow if you like someones post!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got the email too and stopped before adding my card as there were no logos or anything on the page or even in the email. Most odd!

Central Ontario...but will ALWAYS be a Northerner
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I got this one tonight too. I submitted a question about this email to the real SDM website....I'll let you know if I hear anything back.

For now I'm not entering my info...I didn't like that they asked for my optimum number.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i just got this email... it looks kinda fishy... usually SDM's email aren't plain like that... its usually this nice image with colours and logos.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information