User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

I was trying to make up my mind on the H1N1 vaccine and realised there was no info being given whatsoever... everything was abstract so I finally called up my friend who is a nurse and she gave me the info on swine flu and the vaccine.

Vaccine has not been tested for effects or anything or barely..

Mercury has been banned from vaccines. In order to get this vaccine out to the general public asap, mercury was exceptionally put into the vaccine. Mercury is a toxic poison that affects the brain, can cause developmental issues, autismlike symptoms and more.It has TONS of longterm effects as well as shortterm. This shot should definately NOT be given to a baby whos brain is in hardcore development.

With this, the company that created the vaccine got from the government, immunity. Meaning that if unexpected effects come from this vaccine.. NO ONE can sue them.. Funny how they have immunity and mercury in their shot.

The only people that should get the shot are elderly and people who are weaker or with existing health problems that would make them more vulnerable to complications : asthma, heart problems ect. These people should MOST DEFINATELY get the shot.

So when she told me not to vaccinate my daughter.. my next question was.. well then what if she gets the H1N1 flu ??

H1N1 is like the regular flu, just more likely to kill people that are already vulnerable. The regular flu killed thousands as well but was just not talked about. If you are healthy, eat well and have proper hygiene youll be fine.

For sure if you or your baby have a cold, high fever and vomiting and all go see a doctor. But its treatable.. like i said.. no existing problems not likely to complications. ( i hope this is all making sense.. im really trying)

She was also told by a doctor, that they were expecting for such a high rate of infected people in flu season and created mass doses of shots and theyre now realising that its not going to be so bad after all... BUT they still have to pass all those shots they made so theyre still pushing hard for the general public to get the vaccine.

THIS BEING SAID : You still have to eat well and wash your hands super duper often. She said the virus lives 1h or so on clothing and a couple hours on hands so even someone vaccinated can bring the virus home to someone unvaccinated.

So I decided DH will get vaccinated because he is ALWAYS sick and drags stuff on forever.. He works in an office AND a crowded club AND takes public transportation to get there.. so he must get the shot. And wash up when he walks in to not contaminate house (not only with H1N1 but with all other nasty people germs out there lol)
    DD and I will not. Even when DH is sick, i never ever got whatever he has ,neither did DD.

She also gave me some tips to boost up my immune system:
    Eat well, tons of veggies fruit milk ect. YOGURT YOGURT !! probiotics as much as possible. She also suggested echinacea, she said that is another natural booster of immune systems.
    She suggested, for kids (cant give kids and babies echinacea): yogurt and a product called BIO-K available in drugstores, some supermarkets and natural product stores. You give kids and babies 1 spoonfull a day. Bio-K is probiotics (i think she said pure probiotics) and it comes with flavours.

These hygiene and eating habits and all should be followed all the time IMO, H1N1 or not..

I really hope this helped, I know with this I was finaly able to make my decision, I wasreally sick and tired of the crappy info I was getting. Internet was unreliable, news said nothing.. docs didnt seem to know much.. so tell me what you think
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by tasha313; Sat, Oct 24th, 2009 at 06:06 PM.

Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

WOW thanks for taking the time to type all of this out for us. Great info in there. I think I will pass too...It's not often I get sick, but if I do, I will deal with the flu instead of taking Mercury!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

wow that is interesting. Thanks. My sister is pregnant and not sure if she wants to risk the health of her child because it hasn't been properly tested. I have a feeling she will like to see this. thanks.
    Please take a moment to visit my blog! www.heatherv11.wordpress.com

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Mercury is used as a preservative in vaccines so the vaccines last longer and it is in a miniscule amount. You get more mercury from eating a can of tuna than in a single dose of vaccine (1 dose of influenza vaccine is usually 0.5ml). It is also in the seasonal influenza vaccine but you can get the seasonal influenza without the thimerosal (mercury). Not sure if you can get the thimerosal free H1N1.
    Bottom line is speak to your family doctor who knows you best if it's suitable for you. :D
    Last edited by Purdee; Thu, Oct 22nd, 2009 at 01:28 AM.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Interesting..Thanks for the info!

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Tasha, I understand your concern. We should all be very concerned about this, not paranoid or freaking out but concerned.

I'm washing my hands a lot more and especially every time I come back in from somewhere. I've also noticed things like waitresses coughing into the inside of their elbow instead of into their hand. I'm trying to greet people without touching, or using creative touching. By that I mean elbow bumps or fist bumps.

It seems that H1N1 is worst in Vancouver and BC. It's startling when a young mother of 26 years can get H1N1 and die so quickly, and that's with no apparent underlying conditions.

I'll be relying on my doctor's advice but I seem to get the impression that the government is kinda flying by the seat of their pants on this one. It's a dynamic situation and the protocols are changing. We could sure use up to date information but people have to be willing to seek it out, too.

If you do nothing else, at least wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands!

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Thanks for the info b/c we have been up in the air about getting the vaccine. I am 4 months pregnant and we also have a 10 month old so we've been told by our dr that we will need to get the vaccine yet when I asked about cons of it he said there is none. But I've been reading otherwise and I'm just so concerned that there could be side effects that may hurt our daughter and our unborn child. I've never bothered with the flu shot and "knock on wood" I've been lucky that I never really get a cold. We do wash our hands a lot and wipe carts and other items down when we are out plus we've decided not to put our daughter in daycare/playgroups during the main flu season but instead just have a few friends that she plays with that also do not attend playgroups.

It's a hard decision to make b/c you don't know if it could be life changing and that's what worries us the most. It just seems like the gov't has pushed to get the vaccine out to the public so fast that we are not hearing all the facts we are just being told to get the vaccine. Ah I don't know I guess we'll talk to our dr again to see what he says but right now we are still on the fence on this one.

shameus
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

most of the cancer doctors at Prin. Marg, and Oshawa, and kingston are advising us
    with cancer NOT TO have this shot as there are far to many grey areas

this swine flu seems to go after young people and not so much the older people however on that note if your imune systems is not 100 % dont take it
    and yes hand washing does help
    one of the worse things to handle is money its so dirty
    however
    you can carry baby wipes in your car and get into the habit every time you
    go into a store and come out use the wipes and dont forget to wipe the steering
    wheel and inside door handles... all this helps for a healthier you

shameus

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    Mercury is used as a preservative in vaccines so the vaccines last longer and it is in a miniscule amount. You get more mercury from eating a can of tuna than in a single dose of vaccine (1 dose of influenza vaccine is usually 0.5ml). It is also in the seasonal influenza vaccine but you can get the seasonal influenza without the thimerosal (mercury). Not sure if you can get the thimerosal free H1N1.
    Bottom line is speak to your family doctor who knows you best if it's suitable for you. :D
    the only way you can get it without the mercury is if you are pregnant they have a seperate vaccine for that...the amount of mercury in the shot is about the same as 2 tuna sandwiches I found out so not a lot but I'm still fighting with myself over whether I want the vaccine or not...I may call my doctor later and see if I can get in to see him tomorrow afternoon at some point to see if he thinks its a good idea for me especially working in a pharmacy...

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Im still iffy because if mercury was banned for vaccines its probly for a reason.. they put it back and the company got immunity for it if something happens.. i dunno..

Trading Score
    96 (100%)

i heard on the news a couple weeks ago with the REGULAR FLU you are 10x more likely to die. i had it, i dont have any health problems and honestly it was nothing. The regular flu is waaaayyyy worse. I think its being blown out of proportion.

here is a video of a girl who got the regular flu shot. this really scares me...even if it is rare
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLlyGPehLCs
    Last edited by cheapskate101; Thu, Oct 22nd, 2009 at 01:09 PM.

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

I found this on pregnancy.org:
    Jackie Lombardo, Sierra Club National Toxics Committee and SafeMinds.org
    Ms. Lombardo brings up questions about levels of mercury in the vaccine, and the contentious use of the preservative thimerosal. She provides a comprehensive breakdown of all of the ingredients used in the four different manufactured versions of the vaccine, and confirms that some do contain thimerosal, which is 49% mercury by weight.
    The dangers, especially the risk of brain damage, associated with mercury are well established in scientific literature. So concerns over mercury exposure for infants, children, and pregnant women are no small matter. She points out that, "reviews in the medical journal The Lancet found a lack of health benefit of the seasonal flu vaccine for children under two and significantly increased rates of vaccine related adverse events in children."
    definately confirms what the nurse told tasha, personally I'm not going to get the vaccine and will not be giving it to my DD. I do worry about getting H1N1, but I worry more about the possible side effects of the vaccine. All we can do is just be careful, eat right and stay indoors more than we usually do.
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

holy crap to the video !!! thats nuts!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Thanks Tasha, I am still NOT getting the vaccine...

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

hmm I just found a whole wack of stuff that is making me say HELL NO!!!

here is the ingredients list I found for the vaccine....

• Biological Index:
      • chicken embryos (eggs)
        influenza virus, H5N1
        virus culture

• Chemical Index:
      • alpha-tocopherol
        aluminum adjuvant
        AS03 adjuvant
        Daronrix
        disodium phosphate
        formaldehyde
        magnesium chloride
        octoxynol 10
        polysorbate 80 (Tween 80
        potassium chloride
        potassium dihydrogen phosphate
        sodium chloride
        sodium deoxycholate
        squalene
        thiomersal (mercury derivative)
        vitamin E

I researched each ingredient individually to see what they were and what it does and found this for the one that scares me...
    "AS03 adjuvant is a confirmed cause of autoimmune disease. It contain fats and/or oils like squalene, or squalene derivatives that comprise our cellular membranes, nerve myelination (allowing us to conduct nerve impulses), and many other critical biological and physiological functions. When it is used as an adjuvant in a vaccine, the body makes antibody against the adjuvant, as well as the viral component. One becomes hyper-immune to one's own cellular material, and everything from Lupus and MS to Parkinson's and Rheumatoid Arthritis may result."

umm no thanks I will risk the chances of getting the H1N1 if thats what the vaccine could possibly result in later in life!!!

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information