User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Also, what if it was an honest mistake and someone noticed the wrong sign up and took it down? the manager does sound pretty sketchy in this instance, but this could and probably has happened.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

I have had that happen both at Superstore and a CT. It is really disgusting behaviour IMHO.

definitally complain. At the very least it will put the manager of the area on notice that someone else knows about her dishonesty.

It is my understanding that the have to honour the displayed price part just not the $10 off. That part is voluntary. Even places that do not SCOP like zellers do have to honour the displayed price. It is called false advertising and is illegal.
    Last edited by kerrylj; Wed, Nov 18th, 2009 at 10:45 PM.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

I can understand where you are coming from. I'd like to add that I have found several SCOPs at this WM. I have brought their attention to a couple (ie: Sense & Spray), telling CS they should change the sign... they didn't change it. As a whole, they don't seem to care. Maybe if I SCOP enough and tell them there are wrong prices, they might stand up taller and work on applying themselves better with their SCOP policy.

I did not SCOP the Sense & Spray. Perhaps you can understand that once you become a well informed shopper/coupon user, sometimes these mistakes pop out at you. I saw the $10 price and thought it could be a mistake--the price was a great deal a while ago... why would it STILL be on?! Same as the Sense & Spray--common coupon, in flyer a few times. I didn't SCOP S&S cuz I did't need/want it. I did try to with the game cuz I did want it. It's their store policy, that they don't have to follow thru with, but that decision would come in at CS AFTER the price check inquiry.

It's their mistakes, yes, but as a custumer that knows and understands a policy they claim to follow, I have the right to ask for SCOP. Their answer is up to them... but I didn't get that far cuz of the price hoopla, lol.

SCOPs and telling CS about mistakes help other customers as well... especially ones that don't know and understand the policy. They get home to see they were charged $7 more for a game... and they think to themselves they can't do anything about it... as they try and make supper with the bare pantry/fridge... not cool. Reminds me of my mom and I back in the day, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by christinel View Post
    I agree with what blueegg said. I don't think it is right to try to get something for free that you weren't even going to buy just because you knew they made a mistake. That seems wrong to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueegg View Post
    So you're upset that the Manager was dishonest . . . ? But you KNEW the game was priced wrong and you were only buying it because you thought you could scop it? Otherwise you wouldn't be purchasing it?

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SmackUTwice View Post
    SCOPs and telling CS about mistakes help other customers as well... especially ones that don't know and understand the policy. They get home to see they were charged $7 more for a game... and they think to themselves they can't do anything about it... as they try and make supper with the bare pantry/fridge... not cool. Reminds me of my mom and I back in the day, lol!

That is a good point for sure. I agree that they should honour thier signs. At the very least they should have a very visable date on the sign. I've noticed London Drugs is very good for this, they always honour a shelf price that has been left up, even if it's out of date -but they don't do scop. But I'm happy, as I'm sure you'd be, for the discounted price. I suppose this is one way the big stores attempt to make up for being under staffed and overworked and unable to provide provide proper CS.

Grateful for the savings
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    Isn't it illegal to take pictures inside stores?
    It completely depends on the store: Are there signs advising you not to that a reasonable person would see and know to abide by? Has someone told you not to?

Despite being open to the public, a store is private property, and the owners have the right to control what goes on inside the store. If they tell you to stop taking photos and you fail to abide by this, they have the right not only to tell you to leave, but also to give you a trespass notice not to return. This would be terrible customer service though. You can enter the store and take photos until such time as you are told to stop unless there is something advising you otherwise.

Also, if you are told to stop, they can't take away your camera or make you delete photos already taken; they can ask you to, and tell you that they'll trespass you for not doing so, but they can't touch you or your property.

I remember years ago when Zellers would check competitor prices on certain items, one would have to attend with a paper and pencil in hand as it was before the days of cellphones or digital cameras...once a competing store caught you simply recording a list of prices they asked you to leave (they knew right away what we were up to). Zellers went through almost every staff member trying to keep up price checking because everyone kept getting caught and kicked out.
    Last edited by Nice Sass; Thu, Nov 19th, 2009 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Adding more

Grateful for the savings
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kerrylj View Post
    It is my understanding that the have to honour the displayed price part just not the $10 off. That part is voluntary. Even places that do not SCOP like zellers do have to honour the displayed price. It is called false advertising and is illegal.
    Again, they are supposed to, but they don't have to until the requirement to do so is lawfully forced upon them. If you want to make a complaint or know more about this, check out Canada's Competition Act:

http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/oca-bc....g/ca02374.html

Where you want to refer to the legislation in arguing or debating with a corporation that is the legislation (the Federal Competition Act) that you want to refer to:

"The false or misleading representations and deceptive marketing practices provisions of the Competition Act contain a general prohibition against all materially false or misleading representations. They also prohibit making performance representations which are not based on adequate and proper tests, misleading warranties and guarantees, false or misleading ordinary selling price representations, untrue, misleading or unauthorized use of tests and testimonials, bait and switch selling, double ticketing and the sale of a product above its advertised price. Further, the promotional contest provisions prohibit contests that do not disclose required information."

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

she's probably gotten $#!t for mistakes like that already, and was scared to get caught with another eff up in her dept!

what a moron
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information