User Tag List

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree902Likes

Thread: How did you meet your loved one?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Patty said it was OK to write it. As soon as the hockey game is over I'll get right on it.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I've only read page 1 so far, but I this thread

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post
    I've only read page 1 so far, but I this thread
    Lets her it Bub!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Here is how Patty and I met. I worked at a software company in Toronto back in 1988. I left there because there was an idiot manager I did not get along with, I went to another company. Patty worked at a computer store in Montreal and we had spoken before I left since Quebec was my territory so when she found out that I left she said “Oh, too bad”. I was at the other company for a few months and I heard that the manager had left or was fired so I went back One day, I said to her “So, what about those Canadiens?” Thinking I was a Maple Leaf fan (ewwww!!) she said “What about them?” in a threatening kind of voice. I then said, “Well, they seem to be doing well these days”. I asked her if she could get tickets to a game having no idea how hard they were to get. She responded with “Oh sure, just ask me for my right arm”. We kept talking on the phone over the next few months and we practically got engaged before we even met face to face. Patty finally got some tickets and I flew to Montreal to meet her. One thing led to another and for some reason, we never made it to the game. We kept talking on the phone and had a few flights to Montreal and she came down to Toronto for my birthday and I proposed. A few months later I moved to Montreal and 20 years and two kids later, here we are.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Patty and DH666, that's such a great story..my hubby would be proud, bewing Canadiens fans ourselves!(Though I don't know how you could waste such good tickets to a Habs game, lol, Just kidding!!)
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Litesandsirens911 View Post
    Patty and DH666, that's such a great story..my hubby would be proud, bewing Canadiens fans ourselves!(Though I don't know how you could waste such good tickets to a Habs game, lol, Just kidding!!)
    There are few things that can tear me away from a game! Can you guess?

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I love this thread! It's so sweet!

Keep the stories coming!

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Litesandsirens911 View Post
    Okay well my DH and I met online...through a chat room actually, not a dirty chat room, just a meet people in your town chat room...we started talking online, I had been dating a guy from Vancouver, whom I would go see on the weekends..then a chat-girl "friend" of ours had a social evening at her home, and I decided at the last minute to attend with some other girlfrinds, and thats the first time we met in person, he was there with some of his friends too...
    6 weeks later, my boyfriend decided to tell me he "prefered men, and the girlfriend thing just wasn't doing it for him"...well good thing (actually it was humiliating at the time, I had no idea..) so my DH asked me out for coffee.
    I called before the coffee date and said I was working, maybe some other time because I chickened out, feeling bad about the whole last bf thing...but he kep asking, so I decided to take him up on his offer of a dinner date.
    (We had been chatting online only now for 2 months, but never on the phone).
    So he came over with a dozen roses in hand, took me out for a wonderful dinner and a game of bowling, and then we went for a walk on the boardwalk with a coffee..when he took me home, I thought "wow, this is really nice, he is really nice" and I thought he'd kiss me, but he never did...*sigh*
    So the next night, the common girl-friend from the chatroom decided to have some of us over for Thanksgiving dinner, so he called and asked me if I wanted to go, and I went, and needless to say, that night we had our first kiss and he asked me out.9 months later, we moved in together, we were madly in love, we had/have so much in common.
    SO after that night, we cancelled our internet accounts, never went back to the chatrooms, and he proposed 2 years later. We've been together 8 years now, and are best friends, as he calls us, SOUL MATES...funny thing is, after both having crappy first marriages, we swore we'd never marry again (of course that was before we met, lol)
    So that's it...I am living proof internet dating can lead to a good match.
    And after that, my sister tried it too, and she too has been happily engaged now and they had twins last December.
    Okay that's it!
    Myself, my sister, AND my dad have found our spouses online!!!! and my mum has a profile on plenty of fish.... and shes been on a few dates with a few men!!

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

love reading everyones stories!!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

You forgot to mention you were sick as a dog that's why we never made the game.

I'm pretty sure the tickets were freebies too.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    You forgot to mention you were sick as a dog that's why we never made the game.

I'm pretty sure the tickets were freebies too.
    Yes, I remember I was sick, but I'm pretty sure there was another reason we never made it.

Didn't you get the tickets from Paul?

Trading Score
    120 (100%)

I love this thread thanks everyone for sharing After my very recent break up im starting to believe that love DOES exist
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I havent found a love yet... But never loseing hope.
    ticul likes this.

Follow me on twitter! ( I'm new so bare with me) http://twitter.com/xotigerprincess

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPrey View Post
    Sometimes just when you've given up it's falls in your lap.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tasha313 View Post
    I love this thread thanks everyone for sharing After my very recent break up im starting to believe that love DOES exist
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterPrey View Post
    Agreed that sometimes it does 'just happen'.
    For me, I was SO glad I didn't marry the first one who asked when I was 19, then again the next one when I was 25. Because then the RIGHT man came along... and when we married I was 28, had my education and some life experience under my belt, so I knew I made the right decision.
    ... and there is always hope!

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information