User Tag List

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

So i recently bid on/purchased an item on ebay. the total was like 8$USD FREE SHIPPING (which is why i bid and i paid right away(via Paypal) ) and he gave me excellent feedback right away... so if there was a problem he should have said so THEN.) once i paid i received a receipt and this morning i woke up to a message from the seller telling me there "due to there system has some mistakes) worded like that :\ lol i have to pay 12.99 shipping and handling(which was NOT stated ANYWHERE while i was bidding/purchasing or in the receipt of this item. I dont want to pay 12.99 so am i entiled to a refund? or should he have to ship it regardless because its there mistake not mine? or am i out 8$USD and no outift? please help

i would also like to add this item is only like an hour and a half away... its in richmond ON. im in Niagara Falls. and the item would fit in a large brown envelope. he could put a stamp on it (like the item i purchased last week) i think he pulled this 12.99 out of his .

anybody with any suggestions would be great
    This thread is currently associated with: Ebay, Via Rail
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

I would not pay! I would reply, telling him that this was not on the listing and if he wants a shipping fee then, you want ur money back. I would also make sure you explain this to e-Bay as well as Paypal.

I deal with both alot and the seller should houner his listing, if not refund you ASAP!
    Hope this helps.
    Good Luck

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Definitely contact him, you are both bound to what was outlined on that ebay auction, he can only edit certain things once it gets posted, and can't change the terms after the item has been sold.

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

thanks guys!.. i replied and said i either want a refund or the item shipped for the amount i paid.. i still have the aution page stating the free shipping.. and my receipts.. its not my error, if i was shopping in a store and an item said 4$ but it was really 10$..someone made a mistake, they would have to give it to me for the 4$.. no? lol

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I've sold stuff on ebay, and been 'surprised' by Canada Post when it actually has cost me a bit more. As the seller, I've sucked it up and paid it out of my own pocket. That's what the buyer agreed upon (you in this case!). He should have researched it much better before.

On that same note, I have had sellers contact me (when I'm a buyer), and state that it's going to cost more to ship. On occasion I have agreed, but always stipulated that the sticker on the package had better read the exact shipping amount -- in other words, you don't want to pay $12.99 and have the postage read something much lower.

Good luck! You deserve to be satisfied though. Ebay should stand behind you with this issue.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had same situation happen to me before. Just demand to the seller with the lower shipping charges. Tell if they don't honor that one you're going to make a complaint. Worked for me. They bleed everyone on shipping on ebay, terrible actually! Try Overstock.com....I love those guys!!!!

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

tell the seller if he doesn't give you the auction for the agreed shipping that you will get ahold of Ebay and they will investigate this.
    Ebay is good at fixing issues!!!

Smart Canucks helps me save money!
    Trade Listhttp://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members...boutme#aboutme
    Win Giveawayshttp://www.noonelikemom.blogspot.com

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

I would file a complaint with eBay ASAP...there is a form there somewhere, I used to sell on ebay, now I just buy..but the listing and then you paying is a contract.He has to honor it. If you complain to eBay, they can deal with it for you, and don't worry about negative feedback, he already gave you a positive, so he can't change it now..

As a seller on ebay if I mark the actual shipping, and it's more, I always suck it up.

Trading Score
    43 (98%)

I agree with everyone else on here. If the shipping states free...then shipping is free. do NOT pay the 12.99$, ask for your item at the rate that was agreed on and PAID for. If he refuses, contact Ebay.ca they will help resolve it.

On a side note i have ordered many things this year off of ebay, lol most from hong kong. I paid for one item on 11/12/2009 and still nothing. The seller ( in very hard to understand english) keeps blaming hong kong post..the rest of the stuff from there has arrived and was ordered 2 weeks after, im giving her till wednesday then reporting this....has anyone had issues with shipping times?

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

thanks for all your help guys.. i ended up trying the "live chat" with tech on ebay.. it was the longest wasted hour and most useless conversation of my life... the guy was making me look like a casket case, saying "it doesnt say its free on my end" i was like"i will send you a screen shot!!!!!!! it says free all over it!!!" but they apparently dont accept screen shots.. go figure.. he was totally on the sellers side which ticked me off even more.. but needless to say.. the seller gave me a refund! which im satisfied with. but the item would have been wicked! lol

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sellers did his part...if you made mistake make a full refund or pay from your pocket
    Tech Mojo: SoftConnect

Thread Information