User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you trying to lose weight?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES- I WANT TO LOSE BETWEEN 1-10 POUNDS

14 15.56%
  • YES- I WANT TO LOSE BETWEEN 10-25 POUNDS

23 25.56%
  • YES- I WANT TO LOSE BETWEEN 25-40 POUNDS

20 22.22%
  • YES- I WANT TO LOSE BETWEEN 40-60 POUNDS

6 6.67%
  • YES- I WANT TO LOSE OVER 60 POUNDS

11 12.22%
  • NO- I DON'T NEED/WANT TO LOSE ANY WEIGHT

16 17.78%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

edit..
    Last edited by Justine; Mon, Sep 28th, 2009 at 07:14 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

is the pope catholic? does CAnada start with a 'c'???

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

yup! I indulge in Junk food more than I should, however, i take my puppy out as much as I can some times i go jogging with him

Trading Score
    63 (87%)

[quote=saraispiel19;364693]ugh yes and it's like the last 10 pounds that won't budge! i had my little girl a little over a year now and i want to be toned up- i hate those stubborn little pounds! i'm a small frame and five feet on the dot trust me 120 pounds is a lot on me :-(
    anyone have any tips!?

I hope this helps out:
    -Drink ice water- it tricks your body into thinking it's cold, so it burns more fuel to warm you up
    -Eat spicy foods- these make your metabolism speed up
    -For me-high protein, low carbs-this also helps build muscle
    -There is a book-Eat Right For Your Type (AKA Cook Right For Your Type-same book). It helps you decide what is beneficial and not so beneficial based solely on your blood type. It really does work!!
    -Fidget!!
    -Instead of 2 scoops of sugar, only have one
    -FIBRE!!!
    -NO fast food!
    -Bake your fries instead of deep frying
    -Use less PB/butter/jam/mayo on your foods- You still get all the flavour!
    -Low fat plain yogurt instead of sour cream-tastes the exact same!
    -Limit red meats

It's pretty amazing how all these little things add up! I'll try and add more as I think of them.
    I'm a recovering bulimic (almost 24 years now) -I binged and purged differently than most (no yakking)- I'd chow down for a few days and then not eat anything but minimal amounts for the next 2 or 3 weeks. THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO GO!!! I learned how to eat properly and I actually weigh less (and feel WAAY better) now than I did being bulimic!!
    Last edited by malificent; Sun, Feb 15th, 2009 at 11:29 AM.
    Always L4 Purina ProPlan tin FPC's for my babies!!!

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

I need to lose weight, but I find it so hard to stay away from junk food..my triglycerides are very high according to my doctor..5.7 mmol/l...
    I was given one of those Bally Total fitness door knob exerciser thingys and I tried to find instructions online on how to use it, but it doesn't tell you how many of each exercise to do, for how long..etc. If anyone knows..or can come up with some sort of schedule for me to follow, I would appreciate it very much.thank you
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I'm looking to lose about 40-50 lbs. I use Fitday.com to calculate my calories and such for foods eaten, calories burned with exercise, etc. I've lost about 12 lbs since the new year and really serious about shedding the above noted. Today I purchased a Nintendo Wii with the Wii Fit game, I hope it's as good as everyone says it is! I also bought Britneys new album to workout to (It's really upbeat and perfect for that) and switched up my diet to eat less carbs, less dairy *except for the odd cheese for tuna melt!* and daily yogurt. I also started drinking 1 DanActiv a day which is great. Here's hoping I am able to get 50 lbs off by mid summer. Goodluck to everyone that is trying to lose weight!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm trying to lose up to 10lbs. I was in surgical intensive care in July 2007 and it has been a long recovery. My medication is VERY carefully dosed by weight. I have doctor restrictions and was given the ok to carefully lose weight last summer. I've lost 10lbs since April 2008 (5% of my body weight). I'm working to slowly lose more. I'm getting married in Sept 2010, so it's an additional small incentive.

My fiance has always loved the small belly I have. It grew since the accident and complications, now he has other reasons to love it. He keeps commenting as it shrinks.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Mar 14th, 2009 at 10:09 PM.

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Once my baby is born, I have about 80-90 pounds to lose! Ugh I can't believe I let myself gain so much weight. It started when I was dating my husband, eating out all the time....wasn't used to it so I "treated" myself, and ended up treating myself to an extra 30 pounds lol. Then baby number one came along, and I gained another 25 pounds
    *after* having him. I am going to try to avoid doing that at all costs this time around, haven't gained much so far with the actual pregnancy so hopefully it will stay that way.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

After I had my last baby, I lost weight but started gaining it - even though I didnt change how I ate and tried to remain active (but felt totally exhausted and only wanted to sleep). Turns out my thyroid had shut down and as a result I ended up gaining as much weight as I did during my last pregnancy. So far I have lost 20 pounds, but its been a struggle to do so (took almost 9 months to lose 20 pounds). But I still have a ways to go until I get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I lost 8 lbs already from the time I went back to the gym. I'm quite happy with the result and it's pretty close to my goal

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marcianne View Post
    I lost 8 lbs already from the time I went back to the gym. I'm quite happy with the result and it's pretty close to my goal
    How long were you going to the gym for? what kind of exercises?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    How long were you going to the gym for? what kind of exercises?
    I started going back last week of January so it's about 2 months now. I do leg, back, chest work out plus cardio. I spend at least 1.5 to 2 hrs in the gym, 4x a week.

Then I started to watch/monitor what I eat. I make sure I don't go beyond my calorie intake for the day.

There is a very good and useful website if you want to track your calorie intake. It can also be installed on iPhone as an application.

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/

Cheers

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm going to tell you how I lost about 45 lbs. I used diet pills, taken 2-3 times a day before meals, and ran 2 miles a day before bed after eating supper. I ate the best I could (healthy choice) or progressive soups in a can..and snacked between meals with healthy stuff when the pains hit hard!!!! Also started to drink diet pop instead of sugar pop, and cut down on beer drinking to about 6-8 beers per week and only on weekends. If you snack between meals during the day it tricks your body into burning fat all the time. Also if taken before meals the diet pills will help you feel more full so you don't get the pains as often. Oh yeah (avoid sugar and bad carbs at all cost). If you can maintain this schedule you should be good for about 40 lbs. in 90-120 days, especially if you are overweight like I was because the water weight will fall off, like 10-15 lbs. in the first 2-3 weeks.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Something hit me yesterday and I became more committed to get serious about losing some weight. I likely need to order my wedding dress before Christmas and I will be teaching full time (16wk internship) on a student's budget. I have to be careful about how quickly I lose weight, but I want to make sure that I am.
    There are a few things for us all to remember.

Higher fiber diets are a good thing. Women should have 25g and men 38g of fiber daily. Fiber requirements change after the age of 50. Women will need 21g and men 30g. This fiber chart will help. http://www.wehealny.org/healthinfo/d...tentchart.html
    Remember the healthy fats, i.e. fish and some nuts.
    Lots of fruits and veggies (which is easy this time of year, espeically with my garden)
    Get more exercise. Easier said than done some days.

Keep up the good work everyone!
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Aug 8th, 2009 at 11:28 AM.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

For those of you have home gyms, how often do you use your elliptical machine and how much? I've been trying to do a half hour everyday, but I get lazy. I feel like I have had much more energy lately though from using it, which is good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information