User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Hey everyone, please see my post on an easy way to help here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/119775-...saster-canada/
    Last edited by meguwo; Thu, Jan 14th, 2010 at 07:20 PM.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by meguwo View Post
    Hey everyone, please see my post on an easy way to help here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/119775-...saster-canada/
    Thanks I am donating some this weekend! Great way to help

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nanuk View Post
    was Haiti in 96/97 and a lot of the buildings I saw on line I have pics when they were whole...The country was poor them and I can imagine now what it is like...This poor country has my thoughts!
    Yeah that’s what makes this disaster even worse than others that have happened in other places. The fact that there weren't many hospitals or care facilities to begin with makes it hard to treat the wounded. Like they said on CNN a little girl with a broken leg had to be passed on because there were others in worse conditions. And for anyone that wants to help, the best way to help is through cash donations. Which I hate to bring up, but the government of Haiti is very corrupt, so its best to give money to foundations that have experience in dealing with having to administer aid under corrupt governments.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I am speechless...and if I were to say anything it wouldn't be very nice so I will not say anything at all.

"Rev. Pat Robertson says Haitians invoked earthquake in deal with the devil."

Here is the story from Yahoo News
    http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...2610&ch=224106

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

UPS is shipping anything under 50lbs for free to Haiti. You can send food clothes or shoes...and American Airlines is taking doctors and nurses to Haiti for free. Please call 212-697-9767. Spread the word...Red Cross needs Creole speaking volunteers for a 24hr phone bank. Call Mr. ......Wil...frid @ 305-776-6900

My friend just post this on Facebook I wonder if the UPS applies to canada too?<!-- GAL -->

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

this is sooooo horrible, i heard it whan they just had the news on radio back home from the hospital the other daynow, with what appened few years ago with the money drawen for the floading...i know many people are a little suspicious donating everywhere.....and are now heading to donate to the legit well known organisisms...Red Cross, DWB, etc....Gov said that for every dollar given by canadian citizen, they will also give a dollar...up to ...i don`t remember how much....50 or 500 millions.....so lets have our gov....hit this amount...all my prayers goes to the concerned people...sincerely, Mia
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Karen
    Trading Score
    184 (100%)

That UPS deal is a hoax, sorry At the moment they aren't even delivering to Haiti. The American Airlines one is a hoax, too... not sure about the phone one though.
    Last edited by khipson; Fri, Jan 15th, 2010 at 07:37 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    I am speechless...and if I were to say anything it wouldn't be very nice so I will not say anything at all.

Déjà vu? He said the same thing about Haiti a few years ago, so Pat Roberston isn't confused, he means what he says. And as mentioned in the video, he has also said many other comments that are offensive. I just ignore him...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Facebook Group for the Mount Sentinel High School group, includes direct communications from Haiti

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#/g...d=273852281773

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I shopped at MAC tonight at the Bay and when I paid they asked me if I want to donate my HBC points to Haiti, I said alright. I don't know if it'll do much but doesn't hurt to donate them.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post

He's a nutter!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Everyone, Please donate if you can...they really need our help!Even a few dollars that you've saved by using coupons, or from contests you have won can help a lot!
    We personally donated to the redcross today.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Costco and the TTC in Toronto are also taking in donations.... hate to judge others, but I like hearing when a celebrity donates money, like Sandra Bullock who donated $1 million already. I know some others do so in private, but those that do make their contribution known is good because it makes others want to do so as well... sort-a-like if your famous and don't donate your looked at badly

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 23edge View Post
    Costco and the TTC in Toronto are also taking in donations.... hate to judge others, but I like hearing when a celebrity donates money, like Sandra Bullock who donated $1 million already. I know some others do so in private, but those that do make their contribution known is good because it makes others want to do so as well... sort-a-like if your famous and don't donate your looked at badly
    Wow good for Sandra, she donated to the 9/11 cause as well.

I watched the news tonight and they were talking about a nursing home close to where the news casters were, where the elderly were dying because they had no water or medicine and if they don't get donations right away they will die. That is so sad.

Also saw a lot on the news about looting, which is really unfortunate too, with all the devastation. They showed a giant 6 storey store that had crushed with people inside. The one person had texted someone, that's how they knew that people were still alive in there, she said she was eating a fruit roll up in the store, and then one of the staff pinpointed which aisle she would of been in, and they found her in the rubble and saved her.

Lots of orphans now in Haiti too, apparently Canadians are eager to adopt some of these kids.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information