User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well my stepdaughter got quite a deal today!

She had a bunch of money from her birthday and wanted to go to Chapters to buy some books. She's become an avid reader, but for reasons I'll never understand prefers her books to be the expensive kind instead of the library kind. But it was her money to spend as she wanted, so off to Chapters we went.

As it turned out Chapters was offering a coupon book if you joined their iRewards program (for $25). The coupon book had a B1G1 Free for a movie ticket at Cineplex (Mondays only), a couple of $5 off coupons for Chapters, etc. (if anyone wants a full list, PM me). And the iRewards program gives 10% off your purchases (and 40% of best sellers).

So we joined the program and got the coupons. We gave our SD one of the $5 coupons, plus a $10 off coupon from a Cineplex coupon book we got at Christmas (thanks to SC! ).

So between the coupons and the iRewards discount she saved about $35, and came home with an armful of books ($105 worth).

We'll make the $25 for the iRewards program back sooner or later, and our SD was quite happy with the money she saved. Sometimes the best deals are the ones that you help someone else to get!
    This thread is currently associated with: Cineplex & Scene Rewards, Indigo Chapters Coles Bookstore

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

awesome ,my daughter is an avid reader too.She is always in chapters

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Great deal. I love chapters too and have never did the Irewards but always thought it may be worth it over the run of the year.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

So true!I use to get sooooo excited getting Diapers w coupons for my Granddaughters.
    </A" target="_blank"></A< a>

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by phgirly View Post
    Great deal. I love chapters too and have never did the Irewards but always thought it may be worth it over the run of the year.
    I never found it worth it, I buy a lot of books from various different places....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Some people like their books...others like their coupons....some actually like both. WTG!!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Teachers get a discount on the iRewards card (can't remember if they pay only $10 or $20 per year--still cheaper though!) so my husband gets the card and whenever we want to get books we use his card and get the discounts. It works out well since we buy books a lot as gifts for his family and our friends. Plus with our daughter getting older we'll likely use it more for stuff for her!

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

I love Chapters. You'll make the money back on your irewards card soon I'm sure. Don't forget you can use your irewards card online too and they usually have better prices online to start with!
    Join SWAGBUCKS! I've made over $1000 so far! Click here to join!!

Regal Fundraiser!! Ongoing so no due date and items ship directly to your door! Use this link and put Lisa Taylor under the Referral Name on the payment page. Thank you for your support! www.hrtc.shopregal.ca

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

So glad your SD got what she wanted. Really hard to argue when it's their money isn't it!!

Loving sales and coupons
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Great deals!! :D

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I definitely understand the wanting to own your own books and not always borrow from the library. There's something wonderful about being the first one to open a brand new book and start reading.

Great deals!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I could live in chapters. I have a couple of shelves on the bookself dedicated to books that still need to be read....but whenever i go into chapters, i find something else to buy.

I guess there are worse things that i could be addicted to!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mn84evR View Post
    I guess there are worse things that i could be addicted to!!
    Agreed... I'd much rather my stepdaughter have an expensive book habit over... well, just about any other habit I can think of. I'll count my blessings.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

point her towards BOOKCLOSEOUTS.Com as well!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dphil View Post
    I definitely understand the wanting to own your own books and not always borrow from the library. There's something wonderful about being the first one to open a brand new book and start reading.

Great deals!

I agree! Sometimes you like to take your time with a book, like it's an old friend, and return to it often.
    To earn FREE giftcards join SwagBucks. I've earned $170 in Amazon GC's since January 2010!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information