User Tag List

View Poll Results: What do you think of the FlyersCoupons.ca idea?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it

61 48.03%
  • I don't like it

66 51.97%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    48 (100%)

I really like the idea of the store sections, but I have to agree with others that trying to keep up with 2 sites will probably be a bit much for me. I also agree with what others have stated that there will be a lot of "post stealing" from here to the other site from people looking to earn the advertising money or double posting things hoping that theirs will get some clicks too. Seems alot of moderating would be neccessary. I love that you are trying to share the wealth with the community and I believe that it must have been an immense amount of work to get it going. I guess how it affects things here remains to be seen. I probably wont use the other site a lot unless things really dry up over here. I also think only a few stores on the other site will see alot of action (WM, RCSS, LD, ect..). I hope it works out for you Boo, just not sure it will work too well for me.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    48 (100%)

The other thing I wanted to add was I think that instead of putting all there useful info into one post people will stretch it out over many multiple posts in an attempt to get more out of the ad money thing. I guess though its sort of just a wait and see thing though.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am just now getting use to Smartcanucks. I am not sure I can manage another site and still enjoy doing this. I have signed up for flyercoupons.ca and have spent a bit of time looking through the site. It looks good but people are already starting to post the exact same posts that are on here. It seems as if some poeple are going to benefit financially for other sc'ers original posts. that doesn't seem right to me. I am just now starting to get acquainted with some of the regular people here, I have just joined my first train, I have contacted several people about trades, what is going to happen now? I would hate to see everyone leave this group and focus on the other site. The only thing that seems different on the other site is the store section. The rest seems to be the same just in a different format. I appreciate the hard work to improve but I am not sure I am going to like having another place to search.

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post
    Personally I think that adding a store section to SC would have been better
    OR
    Adding ONLY a flyer section to the new site by store.

Having general forums in both places is just far too confusing. Plus I always find what I need on SC even if I have to dig for 5 minutes
    I completely agree with this! Well said!
    "Call it magic, call it true/I call it magic when I'm with you" - Coldplay, Magic

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Carina View Post
    I am prety new here and not "hard core" the reason I am not active as here as I am on many other sites is because I find all the bling and feedback and icony little things Under peoples user names sooooo distracting. Some peoples 2 word replys to a post have to be scrolled and scrolled and scrolled because the margin so full makes a ton of white space in the post.

I'm sure Im going to be lynched for saying so, but I wish that this site was cleaned up not another site created.

I don't know what candy or rep power is or why people have little burgers and suyperman logos and hearts and icecream cones under their names. I feel like its very cliquey here because I'm out of that loop, and dont know what that stuff is, nor do I care to know. But that also makes me feel like I am probaby missing out on the chance to trade with others because I dont have feeback scores and such, even though I have traded TONS on other sites and people have always been happy with my trades.
    It definatly holds me back and I know others feel the same way, especially older people that are intrested in saving money not in being part of the bling club. It's very intimidating.

Now before I go shopping not only would I have to wade through this site, but then check the other one too, that is not a time saver. Sure some hard core people would post on both sites, but some ( like me) would post a deal here but not there and vise versa.

I am quoting myself to ask why a bunch of you gave me feedback that said you agree and several more PM'ed me ( I dont have any buddys on here, I have never recieved a PM before) and EVERY SINGLE comment agreeed with me ( I actually was afraid of negative feedback and got the opposite..lol ) and yet not a single person for whatever reason posted anything about my comments in this thread. If a bunch of you agree SAY SO, its the only way change would ever be made.

Please note I am not at all complaining about the feedback, it was great to know I was not alone in my thoughts, I just think you all need to speak up..lol

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by julie.leeds View Post
    I like it.

As a member you don't have to divide up your time between the two sites if you don't want, and I am sure that the deals will find their way from one site to the other (they find their way from other forums to here now)

New people will find FlyersCoupons never knowing Smart Canucks existed first.

I personally still find SmartCanucks hard to navigate and disorganized. That probably has more to do with the way my brain is wired to look for things, but if I am heading out the door and running to Walmart it is going to be eaiser for me to just quickly check the Wal mart section there than spend ages finding stuff on here.

I don't think there will be as much of a community feel, it will be more "business" and that in itself will attract members that SC doesn't appeal to.

I think it will be easier to find out about loyalty programs for each store, or policies of each store.

To my mind they are very different sites.

I guess SC is like my partner...Tested, true, yet sometimes annoying and FC is like a lover on the side...I can get what I want and then leave *lol* Except SC doesn't care if I cheat *giggle*
    Great overview, Julie.

And on your comment about cheating on SC with FC!

At the right time, a kind word from a stranger, or encouragement from a friend, can make all the difference in the world. Kindness is free, but it's priceless. ~ Doe Zantamata

"And it's always the right time!" ~ Woofy

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tinkb View Post
    I completely agree with this! Well said!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Well i tried but so far can't sleep.

Anyway like I was saying boo can start as many sites as he wants, he's putting in a lot of hard work. Just seems odd that since his site smartcanucks is about deals, etc. That he would start a site also about deals that offers part of the revenue stream from Google adsense which is something not offered here. its almost like he's encouraging people to post deals over there more so then here on SC.

I'll still check the other site out but its not really a new "feature" like boo was stating, since it really has nothing to do with SC.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Carina View Post
    I am quoting myself to ask why a bunch of you gave me feedback that said you agree and several more PM'ed me ( I dont have any buddys on here, I have never recieved a PM before) and EVERY SINGLE comment agreeed with me ( I actually was afraid of negative feedback and got the opposite..lol ) and yet not a single person for whatever reason posted anything about my comments in this thread. If a bunch of you agree SAY SO, its the only way change would ever be made.

Please note I am not at all complaining about the feedback, it was great to know I was not alone in my thoughts, I just think you all need to speak up..lol
    You can jump in anywhere anytime. Were not going to shoo you out. Its like any website, bonds are made when your a huge poster and or participant. Trading is like anything you have to build up ratings. Theres adopt a newbie for coupon trades etc. Endless possibilites. Candies are for virtual gifts that other people give to you for birthdays, special occasions or just because. I went forever without having any.

Its kind of like at a dance, you can sit by yourself and enjoy or you can join in with everybody else. Its all up to you and how you want to participate.

People always post "thank yous" etc because were a friendly site. Were not cold like other freebie sites where no thanks it realyl given.

Were always looking for new friends

I don't mean to be too forward, but you only have 23 posts, it doesn't seem like you've made much of attempt in the past two years to build a rating or any of the other things you spoke of. Feel free to participant and make a trade rating.
    Last edited by Sally888; Tue, Mar 2nd, 2010 at 02:34 PM. Reason: speiling

Trading Score
    341 (100%)

OR

Having general forums in both places is just far too confusing. Plus I always find what I need on SC even if I have to dig for 5 minutes

I completely agree with you.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I'm really excited about this. Im reading why people dont like the idea,and it sounds like its because they will have to switch between two sites. If you use your browser tabs its a simple click between each one.No different then going back and forth between the coupon tab and the deals tab on here. With that said, I do think I personally will get annoyed and frustrated and possible even bored reading the same posts on here and on that site.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    I think the idea of having a sister site is fine, its a great idea, great when you need to find flyers etc. What I do not like is a semi replica of what we have here (forum) especially The Coffee Room. I feel it will tear up teh SC community and people will start choosing sites. Boo you have worked long and hard to build this site, why ruin a good thing? I've noticed that sometimes even you have a hard time keeping up with this site, how will you keep up with 2?

I am afraid this will be the end of SC...that is my 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Well i tried but so far can't sleep.

Anyway like I was saying boo can start as many sites as he wants, he's putting in a lot of hard work. Just seems odd that since his site smartcanucks is about deals, etc. That he would start a site also about deals that offers part of the revenue stream from Google adsense which is something not offered here. its almost like he's encouraging people to post deals over there more so then here on SC.

I'll still check the other site out but its not really a new "feature" like boo was stating, since it really has nothing to do with SC.
    OR

Totally agree with each of these above; not that I was too lazy to write it out myself, lol!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I like it. I like the idea even more. I don't have 99.9% of the stores that are discussed here. I personally couldn't care less about RCSS or Zellers or Giant Tiger or whatever... So I LOVE that I could just go to the stores to see what's up.
    Perhaps what is needed now is to sort of clean up SC. For example, flyers would no longer be posted here but there. I think the 2 sites could work very well together if you eliminate the redundancy and at the same time make SC easier to navigate. Keep SC for deals, coupons, ect... and leave FC for flyers and in store specials. But that's just my opinion.
    Think of how much EASIER boxing day flyers would be on the new site!!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Hmm is SC really the only forum/website that some of you visit? There is a whole internet world out there. I personally am on several message boards, and don't find it confusing. I voted "I like it".

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Totally agree with each of these above; not that I was too lazy to write it out myself, lol!
    I sewcond what she said I like SC and hope nothing happens to it. I don't like the fact of going on 2 sites. If you are getting paid to post flyers deals ect would people not want to post there instead. I like my SC friends and would stay here if this closes doors I would be upset.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information