User Tag List

Page 1552 of 3096 FirstFirst ... 552 1052 1452 1502 1542 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1562 1602 1652 2052 2552 ... LastLast
Results 23,266 to 23,280 of 46438
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v2

80s Sitcom Trivia Guru truenorthstrongnfree's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Is he young enough to qualify for cougar prey? Maybe that`s why he went to see Bon Jovi the other night?
    He's 32, so yeah, he's cougar prey. He brought a ladyfriend with him, though, to the show.
    What do the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Titanic have in common?

They both look good until they hit the ice.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tad01 View Post
    Ugh... bring on 5:00!

Oh Dear Tad, sorry your having a drab day at work! 5 O'clock is only three hours away! and you weekend!

The Beaches Jazz Festival starts tonight with the streetfest. From Queen and Woodbine down to Silverbirch there will be lots of bands playing rock, blues etc. That will happen for three nights and then during the day Saturday and Sunday Kew Gardens has more music. The Kew Gardens thing has some real jazz which I don't really enjoy but there's always other stuff thrown in!!! Ya Hoo, let the music begin!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by psells View Post
    I can't believe I'm reading that line. The only thing I can respect in that is your opinion and your right to express it.

Now now, i mean absolutely no disrespect. My comments were made in the notion of "I am just a simple IT goon, and would probably never and probably couldnt ever see myself doing anything that drastic." Now that would include firefighters, military, police work, or even something as little as driving a truck on ice. I respect the men and women who put their lives on the line on a day-to-day basis, because it is not something that I do, or something that I think I am capable of doing. The amount of pressure that these people must go have on them must be tremendous, to the point which I cannot even fathom. I wasn't making any sort of comment to say that truck drivers who spend the whole winter driving on glaciers are more honorable then the firefighters and police offers and soldiers. Honoring someone and respecting someone are two vastly different things (at least to me they are), I honor those who put their butts on the line to save others, I respect those who are willing to put their lives in danger (even if it is for something as small as driving ontop of a glacier or lake).
    Last edited by mflourei; Thu, Jul 22nd, 2010 at 03:10 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Your post killed Kenny... You !

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think driving a big rig is a somewhat dangerous profession even when NOT driving recklessly. A lot of drivers, through either ignorance or apathy, don't leave them enough room and cut them off. Too many times the accidents are not the truck driver's fault.
    Just because something isn't right for YOU doesn't mean it's wrong.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by truenorthstrongnfree View Post
    He's 32, so yeah, he's cougar prey. He brought a ladyfriend with him, though, to the show.
    Is she a cougar?

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by karmac View Post
    I think driving a big rig is a somewhat dangerous profession even when NOT driving recklessly. A lot of drivers, through either ignorance or apathy, don't leave them enough room and cut them off. Too many times the accidents are not the truck driver's fault.
    I know too many people who have no respect for the truck drivers on the highway, they see them and the only thought is "okay, i have to get infront of him". But then again, I have met a number of truck drivers who think they own the road and sometimes I think they forget there driving a huge rig and not a Porsche.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mflourei View Post
    Now now, i mean absolutely no disrespect. My comments were made in the notion of "I am just a simple IT goon, and would probably never and probably couldnt ever see myself doing anything that drastic." Now that would include firefighters, military, police work, or even something as little as driving a truck on ice. I respect the men and women who put their lives on the line on a day-to-day basis, because it is not something that I do, or something that I think I am capable of doing. The amount of pressure that these people must go have on them must be tremendous, to the point which I cannot even fathom. I wasn't making any sort of comment to say that truck drivers who spend the whole winter driving on glaciers are more honorable then the firefighters and police offers and soldiers. Honoring someone and respecting someone are two vastly different things (at least to me they are), I honor those who put their butts on the line to save others, I respect those who are willing to put their lives in danger (even if it is for something as small as driving ontop of a glacier or lake).
    Well said. I would respect an 18-wheeler barreling out of a parking lot as well - 'respect' as in give him a wide berth.

I just wrote a column on risk management a couple of days ago, but it is not online yet. I'll put a link when it is available.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by karmac View Post
    Agreed - I hate when I am honked at for leaving room for a tractor-trailer to make a lane change.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is she a cougar?
    I don't know, I didn't ask.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mike flops from the greenside rough for eagle!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well said. I would respect an 18-wheeler barreling out of a parking lot as well - 'respect' as in give him a wide berth.

I just wrote a column on risk management a couple of days ago, but it is not online yet. I'll put a link when it is available.
    Looking forware to your column! As for the guy who barrelled out -- like i said, the best word to describe him was NUTS!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I forgot to mention this morning that all those computer messages from AVG concerning JS/redir are gone today. I did nothing. Not sure if it was a hijack on the Smart Canuck site and they cleared it off?

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by truenorthstrongnfree View Post
    I don't know, I didn't ask.
    I just figured since you said lady friend instead of girl friend, she had a few miles on her.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just figured since you said lady friend instead of girl friend, she had a few miles on her.
    Nah, just the term I use to describe a companion. A "girlfriend", to me, implies someone younger, lol.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One summer I taught a couple groups of cadets how to sail. As they got better in handling their responsibilities, I would get closer and closer to the wall of the western gap or the rocks surrounding Ontario Place before calling the order to come about (a lot of incentive to do it right and fast if you know you're going to hit something!!) One day when we were out, I deviated from my regular tacking plan, to give way to a freighter. One of the trainees was rather taken aback .... "but we're under sail, we have the right of way!!" I countered with, "you're absolutely right and I will remember to tell your parents that when I call to inform them of your demise!" Then I asked if he'd ever heard of the expression "Might makes Right"!

(addendum: If you are ever boating through the western gap - do not mess with the Island Airport Ferry. When he blows his whistle he goes - regardless of who is in front of him. He has no sense of ha ha.)
    Last edited by Argo53; Thu, Jul 22nd, 2010 at 04:09 PM. Reason: addendum
    Courage is not the absence of fear but acting in spite of it.