User Tag List

Page 34 of 1788 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 534 1034 ... LastLast
Like Tree21264Likes

Thread: Nascar Rules

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Argo53 View Post
    On Monday evening I saw a nice looking red car in the parking lot (either in Eastway Chrysler or the Sport Cafe) on Eglinton Avenue with the plate

"NASCR FRK".

Belong to anyone here?

not me. This is me.

Attachment 23857

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by rockit View Post
    It was the distance he traveled down the track, being hit and bounced all over the place while wrecking. There have been others for sure. I remember practice at Michigan a few years back, Elliot Sadler blew a tire and just started bouncing and flipping down the front straight-way. That was scary also. Another one was Steve Grissom at Atlanta. The impact here was huge.
    WOW that was a huge impact! Yikes!! I wouldn't be surprised if Grissom was feeling the effects to this day.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The driver side impact is always scary. That's what happened to Kenny Irwin and Adam Petty.
    Tragedies, both.

Jerry Nadeau didn't die, but he was never the same after his practice crash - also tragic. He also smacked the wall on the driver's side:

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CocoBurp View Post
    Nope, but I can confirm that my license plate is - NASCARFN
    I find it weird when I take it to a 'garage' and the mechanics don't get it... must be Open Wheel fans I guess!
    You have got it bad if you have that as a license plate! I used to have a Ford Taurus with a Dale Jarrett license plate frame and discreet 88 sticker in the window. When he had kids and got the minivan, my hubby took over the Taurus. He's a Jeff Gordon fan but obviously I would not allow him to put anything Chevy or 24 on the Taurus!

What make of car do you have, Coco?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

not me. This is me.

Attachment 23857
    Racing stripes! You're a die hard fan!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Argo53 View Post
    On Monday evening I saw a nice looking red car in the parking lot (either in Eastway Chrysler or the Sport Cafe) on Eglinton Avenue with the plate

"NASCR FRK".

Belong to anyone here?
    One of the ladies at my church has "I MISS 3" on her license plate. There's another car I see from time to time with "NASCARL" on its plate. I can't tell if the driver is a Carl Edwards fan, or if he is a Carl himself. Either way it's pretty clever.

I felt badly for all those Dale Jr fans when he left the 8 for the 88!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

not me. This is me.
    Nice.
    Courage is not the absence of fear but acting in spite of it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I stumbled upon this one - I could do this all day but I swear, this is the last one for the day. The only thing worse than the drivers dying or suffering serious injury is if something bad happens to the fans. Look at the debris and the flames as the gas tank ruptures and it's no wonder...

As a result of the impact, Geoff broke his right wrist, right cheekbone, a vertebra in his back, and his right ankle, and also suffered a concussion. Nine fans were also injured in the accident. (From Geoff's Wikipedia entry.)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by buttertart View Post
    I stumbled upon this one - I could do this all day but I swear, this is the last one for the day. The only thing worse than the drivers dying or suffering serious injury is if something bad happens to the fans. Look at the debris and the flames as the gas tank ruptures and it's no wonder...

As a result of the impact, Geoff broke his right wrist, right cheekbone, a vertebra in his back, and his right ankle, and also suffered a concussion. Nine fans were also injured in the accident. (From Geoff's Wikipedia entry.)

How could I forget that one!!! I was just leaving for work when it happened. I had no idea who it was but thought the worst there. I spent the whole night at work not knowing. That was one of the worst there.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by buttertart View Post
    You have got it bad if you have that as a license plate! I used to have a Ford Taurus with a Dale Jarrett license plate frame and discreet 88 sticker in the window. When he had kids and got the minivan, my hubby took over the Taurus. He's a Jeff Gordon fan but obviously I would not allow him to put anything Chevy or 24 on the Taurus!

What make of car do you have, Coco?
    No car for Coco, I'm now an SUV girl as I live north of seven. Need 4 wheel drive in winter. I'm stuck with a '06 Mazda Tribute that I will have to drive into the ground because a Ford F250 sideswiped me when it was 4 months old and did 13K damage. They fixed it rather than write it off as the cost was less than half the worth of the vehicle. Problem is, that since it's been in a major accident, no one will ever buy it, even the dealership that I bought it from who sent me to their won bodyshop! Not fair when the accident was not my fault! In retrospect I should have spoke to a lawyer.

My last car was a 2003 Grand Prix GT. Loved it!

Didn't like the change to the body style, so didn't get another one.
    CocoB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No car for Coco, I'm now an SUV girl as I live north of seven. Need 4 wheel drive in winter. I'm stuck with a '06 Mazda Tribute that I will have to drive into the ground because a Ford F250 sideswiped me when it was 4 months old and did 13K damage. They fixed it rather than write it off as the cost was less than half the worth of the vehicle. Problem is, that since it's been in a major accident, no one will ever buy it, even the dealership that I bought it from who sent me to their won bodyshop! Not fair when the accident was not my fault! In retrospect I should have spoke to a lawyer.

I didn't even have my car for a week and some idiot in a stolen Honda thought it would be cool if he went to fast around the corner and sideswipe the whole drive's side without stopping. Not nice being woken up by the police and told that. Car spent over a month in repair then had to go back for almost two more when I found out the bay window leaked like a sieve.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tonight on NASCAR Hub - My new favorite driver Brad Keselowski!!!!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

For some reason this crash has always stood out in my mind:

And who doesn't remember Clint Bowyer crossing the finish line up-side-down and on fire?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh yeah, spinning a$$ over tea kettle - that was a wild ride! It looked like Harvick plowed nearly head first into the wall, too. And yes, I remember Bowyer finishing on his roof. Martin did that once, too, just recently if I recall. Ya know, I don't watch the racing for the crashes, but they are what I remember! Those and the close finishes but they're much fewer and further between.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I didn't even have my car for a week and some idiot in a stolen Honda thought it would be cool if he went to fast around the corner and sideswipe the whole drive's side without stopping. Not nice being woken up by the police and told that. Car spent over a month in repair then had to go back for almost two more when I found out the bay window leaked like a sieve.
    Sorry to dredge up bad memories, guys!

Page 34 of 1788 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 534 1034 ... LastLast

Thread Information