User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I saved all of my receipts and transferred the coupon savings into an ING account at the end of each month. He was on board when I was able to pay for a big ticket item (california shutters) without dipping into savings or using credit.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Connie106 View Post
    I saved all of my receipts and transferred the coupon savings into an ING account at the end of each month. He was on board when I was able to pay for a big ticket item (california shutters) without dipping into savings or using credit.
    I have a separate bank account for all my coupon savings too!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Now that's brilliant! I never would've thought to do that.

But, I expect it requires a higher level of organization and time than I'm currently capable of. Just staying on top of what coupons I have and when it's best to use them is time consuming enough for me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I suggest 2 things - Make an effort to find him some coupons that are for items which he really likes to use. Then, give it time. I believe he will slowly come around.
    My spouse was the same way as your's and eventually got hooked.

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Great idea! We may actually give this a try (but without the ING account).

My DH also teases me on occasion, but then when we do save a few $$ he smiles and says I did a good job.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

i have used coupons for years- my hubby will never come around he thinks i buy too much stuff- maybe i have to condense now that there are no kids at home- but its hard -like the arm and hammer laundry soap i paid .99 cents after coupons i have 10- that is just to cheap to pass on- oh well i will never stop using coupons.Someone at wok the other day asked me did your mom use coupons- cause we were discussing saving money- not really just started years ago when my hubby was laid off.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information