User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree, many local smaller shops won't even accept mfg coupons because they are either 1) afraid of fakes and/or 2) they don't buy enough stocks for resell to redeem the coupons

I know that Coca Cola have been using coupons with hologram stickers for a few years now, but this sure add up the cost for printing don't you think?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    85 (100%)

what are the coupons that they usually think that they are fake? my coupons are from companies, gocoupons.ca, shoppers voice and save.ca only... i won't use printable coupons at all... hope all those anomalies will be solved because i/we depend on coupons... i feel sad for this news....

Trading Score
    149 (100%)

I had a similar incident happened to me yesterday. I used the Delissio Flat bread BOGO at my neighbourhood Metro and the cashier was 'feeling' the coupons (it printed on slightly thicker paper and was a smaller sized coupon) - she asked where I got it from and then called the manager. I was so embarrassed because I was holding up the line.

Luckily the manager knew me and okayed it (she said there had been a lot of coupon fraud - many stores are not getting reimbursed and they were told to be extra vigilant!). Since I got the coupon from the Sobeys' a couple of blocks down, I offered to call the Sobey's manager for her to double check.

With regards to save. ca (had similar problems at Food Basics a while ago), now I just bring a copy of my latest save.ca that had my name on it. Whenever there is a question, I just whip out that copy, show them my ID and explain how save.ca works. I actually got a few cashier signed up on save.ca. LOL!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I usually keep a save.ca envie with me too so they can see their are mailed and have voids on them etc
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    57 (100%)

How disheartening and sad. And just when I am starting to get good at this! Well, forewarned is forearmed . . . or something like that. (I often misquote well known sayings oops) It seems strange that is happening to a lot of people all around the same time?!?

I like the "hand'em over to us at SC" idea lol

coupon grammy
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I was shopping at SDM last sat. and the cashier checked mine very carefully and then went to a list to check to see if they were good.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I have had no issues, all of the stores I went to yesterday barely checked to make sure they were the right products
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

last week at walmart I used a $2 off pampers diapers(save.ca)
    They called a manager to see if the coupon was ok.

At the time I wondered about the hassle for 2$ off

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I was in Metro today -every cash register had a sign posted warning cashiers about fraudulent Lays Chip FPC coupons. The sample looked very real ...

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

save.ca is getting more popular, heard a commercial on am 640, about coupons you can get on website.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I usually keep a save.ca envie with me too so they can see their are mailed and have voids on them etc
    Hey--that's smart, so thanks for the tip! I've not had a hassle before, but from the sounds of it on here, many others have, so I think I'll try that too, just to be safe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information