User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Noel8697 View Post
    This is precisely the reason I don't post much on this site anywhere, don't want rude postings directed at me.
    yup, post factual info that is just a cut and paste of store policy and the pack is out to get you if the info doesnt support what they *think* is their entitlement. with full support of the mod, guess she doesnt go by what the owner says in my sig

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

anyone else notice in wigglesmom's 2nd post it starts out saying loblaws and ends saying walmart? seems odd to me
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

" I dunno why you people cant just follow the rules instead of being difficult with the cashiers who are only following the rules they've been told to."

" I swear if they bring that show the Hoarders to Canada they could recruit a whole season's worth from this site easy."

"Just because a few cashiers let you get away with it doesnt give you the right to bully the erst or inconvenience the other customers just because you think you are entitles to break the rules when you want to. Wont kill you to hoard your glade one at a time ykwim?"

"UM I just posted the OFFICIAL word on the issue from loblaws/rcss and walamrt. At lest read the posts before responding"

That's what people take issue to.

Btw, I'm the original poster and I wasn't at Loblaws or Walmart. Go figure. And gee golly, did you ever think these terrible hoarders you are so offended by might actually be using a lot of what they acquire for good causes/donations? Maybe you should look for the post on the blog about that...

Lastly, can you just let it go? You've given your input now and aren't adding anything constructive to this conversation at this point.
    Last edited by Sporeo; Sun, Jul 11th, 2010 at 09:48 PM.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wigglesmom View Post
    yup, post factual info that is just a cut and paste of store policy and the pack is out to get you if the info doesnt support what they *think* is their entitlement. with full support of the mod, guess she doesnt go by what the owner says in my sig
    Ok this needs to stop. I am tired of how rude you are being.

Boo obviously didn't mean your allowed to harass or attack other members he meant within reason.

"Recently there has been some negativity on SC. Members have also been attacking other members or their life style. This is not allowed on SC and will not be tolerated.

If you attack another member, if you make fun of a member, if you attack deals braggers, if you're sarcastic in a negative way, if you're rude or if you argue and cause trouble you will be banned period.

This thread is not for you to discuss my decision because it is final. If you want to be rude or negative leave SC and go somewhere else because we are a nice fun friendly and positive community where we respect each other.

If you come across ANY member attacking another member please let me know immediately and I will take serious action.

Attacking a new member will result in an immediate ban. Even telling them their thread is a repost is NOT allowed."

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/92529-a...erated-canada/

How about you put that as your signature? Your all out of chances.
    Last edited by Sally888; Mon, Jul 12th, 2010 at 11:26 AM.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I always say "Right, and I am buying X of it with X coupons". My local grocery store doesn't budget, the others usually do. I just stand there and let them ring them all in 1 by 1 when they give me issues. I even paid debt for $1.25 Electrasol each time once. I've pointed out many times that the manufacture doesn't know nor do they care if it's in X transactions or in 1 transaction. I actually had a manager lie to me about it and tell me they have to submit the receipt with the coupon!! Apparently I was born yesterday! LOL In the end, I look at it as, how much do I care? If I care a lot, I'll make them do it seperately, if I don't, then I pick it up again next time I am there.

A lot of coupons are now saying "one per purchase per person (or day)" I interpret that as being 1 per transaction and never use more than 1 of that coupon per trip.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ would you back off already? Enough is enough. We get it, you know better than us. How stupid can we possibly be? We are all a bunch of mindless idiots and we do nothing but shop, blinding you with our diamonds and rubies and constantly looking down our noses at you.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Enough said I think on all sides of this.

Sporeo - This is a great question. In my experience it varies from store to store and chain to chain. However, since last fall, Walmart has become strick on its interpretation - one coupon per purchase = one coupon for the whole transaction so you can only coupon the first item of multiple ones. That seems to be their policy at the stores locally here. However, you will see that others go to some Walmart's that have more relaxed policies.

Safeway, Superstore, Shoppers, London Drugs, Zellers, Sobeys, Rexall, etc do not have this "interpretation" locally.

While chains may have "store wide" policies, often managers or individual stores have the discretion to be much more restrictive or in some cases less restrictive.

I do my best to follow the rules of the store and I try to learn those rules, sometimes by trial and error. It sure helps when everyone who works in the store is on the same page - it makes shopping predictable and pleasant and easy for everyone.

When I was new to couponing I often went to the customer service desk with coupons in hand and said "can I use these for these?".

Then the trick is to remember it all. LOL. I put together 101 things to remember about couponing with all the ins and outs.

For example many stores will round down a $1 coupon if it's 99 cents. Others will NOT let you use the coupon at all.

It helps to think of it as a trivia game.

Other variants on a theme ...

- you can use a coupon on a sale item
    - you can't use a coupon (even if rounded down) that is more than the price of the product
    -and my favourite "you can't get this for free" when the coupon equals the exact value of the item
    -the coupon can not cover the tax, just the value before tax
    -the coupon can not cover the tax even if it's an FPC and states covers taxes

and so on.

If you can find a local coupon group for your area/city, they'll give you the scoop on what stores do what and get you up to speed.

I always try to color inside the lines - whatever their policy is, try to follow it and help keep the store, staff, manager - happy about accepting coupons and couponers. The trick is to figure out what are the lines for each store.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Enough said I think on all sides of this.

Sporeo - This is a great question. In my experience it varies from store to store and chain to chain. However, since last fall, Walmart has become strick on its interpretation - one coupon per purchase = one coupon for the whole transaction so you can only coupon the first item of multiple ones. That seems to be their policy at the stores locally here. However, you will see that others go to some Walmart's that have more relaxed policies.

Safeway, Superstore, Shoppers, London Drugs, Zellers, Sobeys, Rexall, etc do not have this "interpretation" locally.

While chains may have "store wide" policies, often managers or individual stores have the discretion to be much more restrictive or in some cases less restrictive.

I do my best to follow the rules of the store and I try to learn those rules, sometimes by trial and error. It sure helps when everyone who works in the store is on the same page - it makes shopping predictable and pleasant and easy for everyone.

When I was new to couponing I often went to the customer service desk with coupons in hand and said "can I use these for these?".

Then the trick is to remember it all. LOL. I put together 101 things to remember about couponing with all the ins and outs.

For example many stores will round down a $1 coupon if it's 99 cents. Others will NOT let you use the coupon at all.

- you can't use a coupon (even if rounded down) that is more than the price of the product
    -and my favourite "you can't get this for free" when the coupon equals the exact value of the item

and so on.

If you can find a local coupon group for your area/city, they'll give you the scoop on what stores do what and get you up to speed.

I always try to color inside the lines - whatever their policy is, try to follow it and help keep the store, staff, manager - happy about accepting coupons and couponers. The trick is to figure out what are the lines for each store.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    A lot of coupons are now saying "one per purchase per person (or day)" I interpret that as being 1 per transaction and never use more than 1 of that coupon per trip.
    That's where I get confused because I have seen coupons say 'one per transaction' or 'per customer' so it strikes me that one per purchase would be different from those I'm willing to play however they want, it's just that so far I've been stopped for each attempt to use multiples of the same coupon for different items and it's maaaaaaybe a little embarrassing/frustrating because they're slowing me down, and ultimately slowing everyone else down and so far it seems that even if you are quick, anyone behind you in line is mad that you're using coupons at all I think it's just me being new to this and not quite being comfortable with the idea of trying to buy #+ of something and having to stand there for #+ transactions even though I feel like if I'm willing to buy them, and the coupon doesn't say 1 per person/customer, I have every right to do just that

Quote Originally Posted by Giving-Small View Post

and so on.

Great advice, G-S. Thanks! I didn't think it would be this confusing I'm quite shy in person so dealing with all this unpredictability while just trying to save some $ is a bit stressful at the moment. You would think that there would be some globally accepted rules to coupons considering they all use the same wording For now I've just decided to carry less multiples of coupons than I may have intended to use to 'test the waters' so to speak so I don't end up doing more than 2-3 transactions if they do tell me I have to do that (it's more embarrassing to me to tell them I'll just not buy the items and I really don't want to end up with a long line behind me or having to go to the back again and again ). I don't know why they make such a big deal of it though.. As far as I know, they not only get both the worth of the coupon back, but 25 cents per to cover postage.....
    Last edited by Sporeo; Wed, Jul 14th, 2010 at 04:21 AM.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Sporeo ... try for two or three. Or if the store has 2 different till areas - sometimes I'll get two at cosmetics and two or three at the checkout.

In terms of lines, I think you get used to it. I also often say to the person who is coming up behind me -- this is going to take a while and smile. As in hint - line up somewhere else.

I find grocery stores are usually quick at dealing with multiples and used to it.
    I also find self-check out works as they have someone who is there to kinda keep the line flowing and approve coupons so it works well. Often get 6 to 12 items there.

Good luck. I think it's smart to go a bit slow at first.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Sometimes its just the cashier too, Sporeo. At my local walmart, there is one cashier who barely checks that the coupon matches the item, another who will read every single line on it and then say you can't use it because only to read it again and say oh ok I read it wrong and a third who treats you like you are a monster (I will wait in a line up rather than use her cash). But then this week, the one who usually has issues with coupons and has to read them 5 times, pulled off the $1 WUB2 Old Dutch and used it on top of the two coupons I had already given her for them ($2 off each bag) which added up to more than the cost of the chips with the $1 WUB2 which is against their policy.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

well like they say, theres always a troll patrolling the boards

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giving-Small View Post
    I also find self-check out works as they have someone who is there to kinda keep the line flowing and approve coupons so it works well. Often get 6 to 12 items there.
    Aaah, if only some of the stores around me had self-check out. No such luck.. That'd be so much easier

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Sometimes its just the cashier too, Sporeo.
    This is what I can see driving me bonkers. Sometimes it's the cashier, sometimes it's the store, or the location of the store, or the whole chain... I'm sure it's just a matter of learning the ropes, but I'm gonna have to keep what little sanity I have left in check

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Giving-small.......well said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information