User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

So I take the time to straighten my hair. I go outside and wait for the bus. By the time I get to work my hair is bigger and not straight!! Humidity is horrible! Does anyone have any recommendations for good products to help combat this? I use a wax to smooth out of hair after I straighten it, and I use hairspray but it still goes all crazy. Makes straightening it a waste of time!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Im having a treatment done in a few weeks called "Brazillian blowout". I have researched all different types of straightening and this seems the best. It's a non chemical treatment which is applied to the hair. Hair should stay frizz free for up to 12 weeks (when washing with a sulphate free shampoo). It naturally returns back to it's original condition over the 12 weeks. It isn't permanent and is apparently healthy for the hair. When you google, you get mixed results because a lot of products are calling themselves Brazillian blowout, when in fact, they are a chemical straightener. I can tell you how it goes once I get it done. I'm excited. I am going to do before and after pictures. You hair can still achieve body from what I'm told (it's not like the chemical ones where it's pin straight). This treatment is more of a defrizzing one. It's kinda expensive (I have loooong hair and it's 150$), but it might be worth the cost to you? What area do you live in? If you're in the GTA, i can give you the contact info for the lady doing mine.

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

... i feel your pain....... lol... right now i have been using the got2be smooth operator satin drops. They work pretty good(just dont use too much near the roots) Its like 10$ for a bottle..(not a huge one..lol)
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

It's not so much frizzy as poofy. If that makes any sense. I'm in NB, but that treatment sounds interesting. I'm going to read up on it. The cost would be worth it if it fixes this problem!! It just seems pointless to straighten when as soon as I walk outsode it gets poofy and wavy (and not nice wavy)...more like sticking out every which way.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Starbaby55 View Post
    Im having a treatment done in a few weeks called "Brazillian blowout". I have researched all different types of straightening and this seems the best. It's a non chemical treatment which is applied to the hair. Hair should stay frizz free for up to 12 weeks (when washing with a sulphate free shampoo). It naturally returns back to it's original condition over the 12 weeks. It isn't permanent and is apparently healthy for the hair. When you google, you get mixed results because a lot of products are calling themselves Brazillian blowout, when in fact, they are a chemical straightener. I can tell you how it goes once I get it done. I'm excited. I am going to do before and after pictures. You hair can still achieve body from what I'm told (it's not like the chemical ones where it's pin straight). This treatment is more of a defrizzing one. It's kinda expensive (I have loooong hair and it's 150$), but it might be worth the cost to you? What area do you live in? If you're in the GTA, i can give you the contact info for the lady doing mine.

I would love, love, love the contact info!! I have been searching everywhere for someone who can do this.

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

And to answer your original question, there are NO products that will help this. I have tried everything and there's nothing you can do. I suggest hiding inisde on those days or wearing it curly.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

you could try putting some leave-in conditioner after washing your hair and/or after straightening. garnier's leave in conditioner goes on sale all the time at sdm for $2.99 and you could get it for 99cents if you have save.ca's coupon.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Hmmm, I don't think hiding inside will work :p Maybe I'll try curly. I'm not a huge fan of my hair curly, but it truly is a waste to take the time to straighten it
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

ever tried lush hair products?

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Nope, I've never tried Lush hair products...you like them?
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

same problem!! I have a lot of hair and its at its worst when its humid out...Also the shorter my hair is the curlier it is so more poof!

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lush solid shampoo in new! is a savior to my oily, thinning hair. For curly hair, try trichomania- some of lushs products are even SLS free.

A lot of times it's what NOT in your hair.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Eufora brand (from high end salons) is expensive but well worth the money and works wonders on frizz hair. Its organic, and wonderful. I think even their 5 essential oil balm would work wonders for you.

http://www.eufora.net/index2.htm

Heres a list of salons that carry it.

http://www.eufora.net/wheretobuyca.php

It might even be worth going in and getting it styled with their product (less then 20$ for a style) and `testing` out how it works in your hair for the day

I certainly love it, its just so expensive I have choice products from their line, BUT they last forever.
    Last edited by Sally888; Tue, Jun 22nd, 2010 at 01:10 AM.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I'll have to read up on those products and see what they're like! Thanks for the tips. My solution today was to pin my hair back LOL Didn't want to deal with the birds nest again!!
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Had the same problem for years and my hairdresser told me that the best way to don a really straight slick hair is to get a nice ceramic iron. If you want your hair slick straight do not wash your hair on the day that you are straightening your hair. Might sound kinda gross but it sure does work then polish the ends with a serum. Hope it works for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information