User Tag List

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Everything GLUTEN FREE foods thread!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I found this recipe and I'm going to give it a try, it looks great and would be a quick grab and go snack in the mornings for those who are always rushed to get out the door.

It's an egg muffin

15 eggs (for silicone muffin pans, use 12 eggs for metal muffin tins or individual silicone cups. You can use less egg yolks and more egg white if you prefer.)
    1-2 tsp. Spike Seasoning (optional, if you have food allergies or don't have Spike, use any type of seasoning blend that's good with eggs.)
    1-2 cups grated low fat cheese (I like sharp cheddar or a blend of cheddar/Jack cheese, use less cheese if using meat)
    Optional, but highly recommended, 3 green onions diced small.
    Optional: chopped veggies such as blanched broccoli, red pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, etc. (Using veggies will reduce the fat content)
    Optional: diced Canadian bacon, lean ham, or crumbled cooked turkey sausage

Preheat oven to 375 F. Use regular or silicone muffin pan, 12 muffin size. If using silicone pan, spray with nonstick spray. If using regular muffin pan, put two paper liners into each slot, then spray liner with nonstick spray.

In the bottom of the muffin cups layer diced meat, if using, vegetables, if using, cheese and green onions. You want the muffin cups to be about 2/3 full, with just enough room to pour a little egg around the other ingredients. Break eggs into large measuring bowl with pour spout, add Spike, and beat well. (I used to add a bit of half and half or milk, but lately I like the way they turn out without it.) Pour egg into each muffin cup until it is 3/4 full. I like to stir slightly with a fork. Bake 25-35 minutes until muffins have risen and are slightly browned and set.

Muffins will keep more than a week in the refrigerator. Egg muffins can be frozen and reheated, but I like them best when they are just refrigerated. For best results, thaw in refrigerator before reheating. Microwave on high about 2 minutes to reheat.

Looks easy enough, but instead of using the spike's seasoning, I'll just add some onion powder, a bit of garlic and some paprika.
    ssbean likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    126 (100%)

Hi everyone, I have been making Gluten Free Wraps wraps lately, and you can make your own gluten free Hoisin sauce as well, take a look at the video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALF3Q...eature=related
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    Join Swagbucks - I've earned $150.00 so far!!
    "If you can dream it - you can do it"

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Hi everyone, I have been making Gluten Free Wraps wraps lately, and you can make your own gluten free Hoisin sauce as well, take a look at the video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALF3Q...eature=related
    Do u have a recipe for the wraps? I hate the store bought ones
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Well, I am not GF at all, but my friend was just diagnosed with Crohns so a big change in place or her. Hopefully she cn keep some weight on above 85 lbs!

Probably old news but she got quinoa/rice spaghetti at Costco. Couldn't even taste a difference in it compared to normal spaghetti.

Also, I made flourless PB cookies - turned out quite delicious if I do say so myself, and this way I didn't need to purchase almond flour (though after seeing some of VeeVee's posts I think I might for the amount of baking I do (not much)).
    hollyquaiscer and Abby5 like this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    126 (100%)

Hi there, the recipe is on the You-Tube movie...
    Join Swagbucks - I've earned $150.00 so far!!
    "If you can dream it - you can do it"

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Hi there, the recipe is on the You-Tube movie...
    it would be great if you could poost the link, u tube is a huge site
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Wed, Aug 1st, 2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: spelling
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

It is rice paper thai spring rolls ....I thought it was for wraps. Too bad

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just stumbled upon this thread I've been dabbling into a few GF things (rice pasta, GF burger buns) cause of my IBS and new dietary restrictions to combat IBS issues o.O... I want to start baking! mmmm some of the pics look fantastic!

Toronto is def hard to find GF stuff... I look when i can but man is it expensive!

Question - for Rice flour and baking stuff - is the price just as expensive? I have a few Glutino coupons floating around but that stuff never goes on sale and its for premade items...

Look forward to more posts
    itsjustmebub likes this.
    http://frugalkris.blogspot.ca
    Check it out for my couponing, freebies and money saving experiences!
    Twitter @FrugalKris

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Toronto should be pretty easy to find gluten free things, they even have GF bakeries! Just look in the natural food/ health food section in any regular store or go to a health store (they have a lot more options and some of the prices are pretty good). As for the baking stuff yes it's more expensive but it's because they have to have seperate factories/ lines in the factory that don't come in contact with wheat, so it costs more for the manufacturer to produce. Bulk barn is a good place to go (as long as cross contamination isn't an issue for you, most ppl gluten free could still get sick from it). You just have to look around and price things then figure out what works for you.

Also there's tons of useful information in this thread, it may take a while to read but it's much easier then doing the leg work yourself since other SC's have been kind enough to share their hard work with us.

Good luck
    itsjustmebub and FrugalKris like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I found this recipe and I'm going to give it a try, it looks great and would be a quick grab and go snack in the mornings for those who are always rushed to get out the door.

It's an egg muffin

15 eggs (for silicone muffin pans, use 12 eggs for metal muffin tins or individual silicone cups. You can use less egg yolks and more egg white if you prefer.)
    1-2 tsp. Spike Seasoning (optional, if you have food allergies or don't have Spike, use any type of seasoning blend that's good with eggs.)
    1-2 cups grated low fat cheese (I like sharp cheddar or a blend of cheddar/Jack cheese, use less cheese if using meat)
    Optional, but highly recommended, 3 green onions diced small.
    Optional: chopped veggies such as blanched broccoli, red pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, etc. (Using veggies will reduce the fat content)
    Optional: diced Canadian bacon, lean ham, or crumbled cooked turkey sausage

Preheat oven to 375 F. Use regular or silicone muffin pan, 12 muffin size. If using silicone pan, spray with nonstick spray. If using regular muffin pan, put two paper liners into each slot, then spray liner with nonstick spray.

In the bottom of the muffin cups layer diced meat, if using, vegetables, if using, cheese and green onions. You want the muffin cups to be about 2/3 full, with just enough room to pour a little egg around the other ingredients. Break eggs into large measuring bowl with pour spout, add Spike, and beat well. (I used to add a bit of half and half or milk, but lately I like the way they turn out without it.) Pour egg into each muffin cup until it is 3/4 full. I like to stir slightly with a fork. Bake 25-35 minutes until muffins have risen and are slightly browned and set.

Muffins will keep more than a week in the refrigerator. Egg muffins can be frozen and reheated, but I like them best when they are just refrigerated. For best results, thaw in refrigerator before reheating. Microwave on high about 2 minutes to reheat.

Looks easy enough, but instead of using the spike's seasoning, I'll just add some onion powder, a bit of garlic and some paprika.
    I made the egg muffins today. Not as pretty as the pic but yummy!
    itsjustmebub likes this.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    Does anyone know any gf/vegan restaurants in TO?
    (not Indian )
    Quote Originally Posted by FrugalKris View Post
    Just stumbled upon this thread I've been dabbling into a few GF things (rice pasta, GF burger buns) cause of my IBS and new dietary restrictions to combat IBS issues o.O... I want to start baking! mmmm some of the pics look fantastic!

Toronto is def hard to find GF stuff... I look when i can but man is it expensive!

Question - for Rice flour and baking stuff - is the price just as expensive? I have a few Glutino coupons floating around but that stuff never goes on sale and its for premade items...

Look forward to more posts
    you HAVE to try Bunners ... in the Junction in TO. It's a bakery - 100% vegan, 100% gluten free and many sugar free items to. OMG so delish
    Last edited by itsjustmebub; Mon, Aug 27th, 2012 at 01:52 PM.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I have never heard of it?? But then again it is south of steeles and I don't go there!! Lol

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmebub View Post
    you HAVE to try Bunners ... in the Junction in TO. It's a bakery - 100% vegan, 100% gluten free and many sugar free items to. OMG so delish
    Going to try heading there in a few weeks Thanks for the suggestion!
    http://frugalkris.blogspot.ca
    Check it out for my couponing, freebies and money saving experiences!
    Twitter @FrugalKris

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

For anyone in the Mississauga area a new restaurant has opened called Victoria's Gluten Free Bistro they have 2 kitchens one dedicated to gluten free cooking so no chance of cross contamination.
    Here is the website http://victoriasglutenfree.ca/
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Also the Gluten Free Expo will be Sept 30 in Toronto.
    http://glutenfreeexpo.ca/on/toronto/

Tickets are $12 and there will be over 150 gluten free vendors, cooking shows, speakers.
    itsjustmebub and Abby5 like this.

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information