User Tag List

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Everything GLUTEN FREE foods thread!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    Its my bfs bday this weekend and were heading up to see my parents for the long weekend. My mom went to DQ to order a ice cream cake since I know there ice cream (Vanilla, Choc) is gluten free. She was so impressed with the service! The girl that makes the cakes pulled out the ingredients list and they reviewed everything that went on the cake...so the cake is gonna be almost the exact same just no cookie crumble in the middle instead they will use skor chocolate, and no frosting/icing for decoration instead she will use fudge to decorate. She said she will make it herself and will watch to make sure that all utensils, machines are washed before she uses them as not to contaminate and she said that DQ actually gets many gluten free requests! YAY I am so excited for DQ cake!! LOL
    I do this all the time! Even ordered a grad cake for my class--they put in lots of fudge for them
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Went to Swiss Chalet yesterday and made a major stupid! lol
    I really wanted soup so I order there chicken soup without evening thinking hey there is pasta in there haha
    I took about 3 bites when it hit me like a ton of bricks...the chewy thing in my mouth is not chicken its PASTA I was horrified hahaha Even BF was shocked and took my soup from me asap lol
    Thanks goodness I only ate about 1 or 2 pasta shells...had some irritation but it passed fast.

haha never make that mistake again!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Went to Swiss Chalet yesterday and made a major stupid! lol
    I really wanted soup so I order there chicken soup without evening thinking hey there is pasta in there haha
    I took about 3 bites when it hit me like a ton of bricks...the chewy thing in my mouth is not chicken its PASTA I was horrified hahaha Even BF was shocked and took my soup from me asap lol
    Thanks goodness I only ate about 1 or 2 pasta shells...had some irritation but it passed fast.

haha never make that mistake again!
    haha awwwwh I know how you feel, bf ordered swiss chalet and he got me soup and pie with my meal, meanwhile i told him i couldnt have the bun and he said he'd eat it so i thought it would have connected the dots, guess you can't expect guys to think lol. so I couldn't eat any of them but i ate some soup anyways... not worth it.

I feel like I've been doing a really good job sticking to gf foods now though

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello, Ladies....I just got caught up on your posts since being away...

VeeVee, I'm so happy that you're satisfied with your almond flour! That's really encouraging for the rest of us, and thank you for the recipe.

I'm using the GF tortillas I buy in the frozen GF dept at our Superstore. It's corn tortillas and it's really very nice! I nuke it for a few seconds before filling and rolling it up, but it's SO nice to have something almost normal! I've even cut it into wedges and baked them to use as salsa scoops, but found the Kirkland brand of tortilla chips and they're GF! As far as I can see, anyway...they don't hurt me! So, yes, it's been nachos for a couple of days now...lol..

I even ordered my GF breakfast from Air Canada for our flight. I've read quite a few articles on airline GF foods and they really run hot and cold (imagine receiving a bun with your dinner! makes you wonder about the rest of it!). I'll just hope for some yogurt and fruit, but I'm bringing GF snack bars with me on the plane in case I get hungry. I imagine I'll always keep one in my purse as we travel this month....it's not like I can stop for a falafel! (unfortunately!)

Take care....Lynn

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Hey all!,

Just wanted to let soup lovers especially cream of mushroom soup lover snow that campbells has there Gardenney soup and the Harvest Mushroom with Real Cream is GF it stats it right on the package! YAY. I'm making it tonight so will let you all know how it taste.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hey all!,

Just wanted to let soup lovers especially cream of mushroom soup lover snow that campbells has there Gardenney soup and the Harvest Mushroom with Real Cream is GF it stats it right on the package! YAY. I'm making it tonight so will let you all know how it taste.

OMG, I LIVE on those soups! At least I did last winter...fingers crossed they're ALL GF. I esp love their garden veggie (I think it's called) and their roasted red pepper soup!
    Thank you, VeeVee!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i just checked out the campbells gardennay website and they tell you what is GF and what isn't

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Heads up my fellow glutenites Druxy's famous Deli locate din many places throughout the GTA and in my office building YAY now carries GF breads!!!!! YES all you have to do is ask them for the gf bread (its listed under there bread choices as well) Its not fresh but frozen...still if your in a bind and need to eat this is great I used to really like there sandwiches!
    gourmetsue likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i had the best gluten free noodles today organo rice and corn noodles yum! cooked in 8 min and tasted so real. i bought them at organic garage in oakville, pretty sure it's the only one but if you ever find them they are delicious. Even plain with a little butter

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Costco has GF crackers now!!!
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    what kind of crackers??? hehe

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    YES I saw these saturday! There the Mary's brand I believe they looked good! and cheap a big box for 799!

Trading Score
    164 (100%)

Has anyone ever been on a candida diet? I may have to go on one and it looks daunting, not only is it eliminating gluten but sugar and yeast as well Shoot me now

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by eriluo View Post
    Has anyone ever been on a candida diet? I may have to go on one and it looks daunting, not only is it eliminating gluten but sugar and yeast as well Shoot me now
    No I haven't but can I recommend using almond flour...I make almond flour bread and it requires no yeast at all! I bought the book 'The Gluten free Almond Flour cookbook' and there is no yeast in any recipes! And its really tasty as well. I use JK Gourmet almond flour you can see where they sell it on there website. It is a bit pricey but very good for you!
    Good Luck!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    181 (100%)

Is there any receipts without egg? My nephew has this allergy now and is also allergic to eggs.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information