User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

when I logged on the my account site to check out the OST credit and seeing if I was getting it. I checked my GST as well . The Oct Jan & Apr payment was way more then July's and I don't get why? Can someone explain or is it a glitch? thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

HST is 15% instead of the 5% amount for GST
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the response, but I'm not talking about the taxes we pay now I am talking about the GST cheque we get quarterly.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

As far as I know, it goes by your income, and changes occur in July.

I *think*, up to that point, your amount is based on your financial information prior to 2009. July 2010 to June 2011 are based on your income for the 2009 tax year. If your income went up that year, your benefit would be reduced starting in July.

At least you get something out of it, we don't get a cent.

Z

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

I logged in to mine after reading this and mine went up like double for the next 3 payments, Hubbies too!!

I also noticed another credit payment " ontario sales tax credit" that will be this tuesday!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    33 (97%)

I noticed this as well mine DOUBLED! I ask my DH and he thinks it's a mistake and doesn't want to spend any of it just in case they ask for it back!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yes, people who file taxes got a GST rebate before, since switching to HST people will still get a rebate cheque (as well as the one time transition payment spread over the first year) but since the sales tax is 15% instead of 5% you should be seeing a bigger rebate
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Actually I just found the link (I misplaced it) and checked mine and my GST/HST credit is more than doubled the last one. I won't complain because more money is always appreciated lol It does make sense though that they up those payments since the taxes have increased across the board. The next payment isn't until October anyways so I'm sure the media will mention it by that time.
    Last edited by TaraF; Sun, Aug 8th, 2010 at 05:31 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Interesting. Here in NS we've had HST for years. But people who qualify for the quarterly rebates get only "GST" cheques, not "HST" cheques. Our HST just increased to the highest in Canada, and haven't read anything here about an increase in GST cheques.

Maybe it's different in other provinces?

Quote Originally Posted by Draggy View Post
    I noticed this as well mine DOUBLED! I ask my DH and he thinks it's a mistake and doesn't want to spend any of it just in case they ask for it back!
    I used to get GST cheques until I got married, then I got a letter saying I'd been overpaid and give it back! OK fine, did that. Then I got another one. I felt it was certainly an error, called to ensure it was OK to spend, they said it was all good, go ahead and spend it. A month later, another letter saying give them THAT one back. Grr.

Z
    Last edited by Zonny; Sun, Aug 8th, 2010 at 06:41 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmreynolds View Post
    Thanks for the response, but I'm not talking about the taxes we pay now I am talking about the GST cheque we get quarterly.
    So far you were getting the GST credit / cheque quarterly ...upto June 30 , 2010 .

But for now onwards ( july 1st , 2010 onwards ) you will bet getting the HST credit / cheque quarterly , instead of the GST credit / cheque that you have got so far ...since HST has been implemented since July 1 st , 2010 in ON .

Since the HST ( 13 % ) you pay is way more than the GST ( 5 % ) you have paying so far .. the corresponding quarterly rebate/credit/cheque has also been increased by the gov .

The rebate cheque you receive or Direct Deposit you receive every 3 months will now say HST rebate on it , it won't say GST rebate anymore ..hope this helps .
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Sun, Aug 8th, 2010 at 11:48 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Yes, people who file taxes got a GST rebate before, since switching to HST people will still get a rebate cheque (as well as the one time transition payment spread over the first year) but since the sales tax is 15% instead of 5% you should be seeing a bigger rebate
    HST is 13 % isn't it ? ..not 15 % at least in ON it is 13 % .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfish View Post
    I logged in to mine after reading this and mine went up like double for the next 3 payments, Hubbies too!!

I also noticed another credit payment " ontario sales tax credit" that will be this tuesday!!!
    Yup its a new credit that's separate & in addition to the qtrly GST cheques ..see the thread below for details on OSTC

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/147943-...10-a-canada-3/

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Mine has not changed.
    Open a Tangerine bank account (formerly ING ) using my Orange Key (14507658S1), deposit $100 and we both get $25! Right now, receive up to $150 in bonuses and earn 2.50% interest!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not talking bout the HST or the OST just the GST. for example in July's GST say its 190 but October's is 450. I checked the my account thing and mine has doubled for October's payment.

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

omg i just heard about this OST thing. We don't have to pay anything on stuff we buy do we?
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information