User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    I don't think it's that no one believes you I think it's just that so many people have checked their accounts and have seen the payments increase so it doesn't make sense is all. Oh yeah and the people who work at the number you called are in a call center and from my experience of call centers the reps usually give you the easiest answer which is usually "no" rather than to look up information. LOL

I checked my account as well and it's more than doubled, who knows if it is more great if it isn't, whatever.
    ahh it was a joke thus the sign and I was talking to 1 person thus the quote

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Oh and I know this guy did not give me an easy answer you went through all my payments till next June! I just find it hard to beleive like others have said since they are already giving us ON people high payments I am with some of the other posters won't spend it till I get it

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    lol oh I am so confussed so does that mean we will still get the transition payment of the HST and how come this young lad knew nothing????????
    Yes you will still get the HST transition payment checks ... they are 3 in all . One has already been received so far .. the remaining 2 checks of $ 335 ( for families ) or $ 100 ( for singles ) will come in Dec 2010 & June 2011 respectively .

The HST transition checks are just a one time thing .. $ 1,000 for families or $ 300 for singles in 3 installments , but the quarterly GST / HST credits are a ongoing thing ( as long as your income is low & you are eligible for it )

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Oh and I know this guy did not give me an easy answer you went through all my payments till next June! I just find it hard to beleive like others have said since they are already giving us ON people high payments I am with some of the other posters won't spend it till I get it

That's fair, and when it comes to the Government handing you money it's always smart to be leary lol

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Yes you will still get the HST transition payment checks ... they are 3 in all . One has already been received so far .. the remaining 2 checks of $ 335 ( for families ) or $ 100 ( for singles ) will come in Dec 2010 & June 2011 respectively .

The HST transition checks are just a one time thing .. $ 1,000 for families or $ 300 for singles in 3 installments , but the quarterly GST / HST credits are a ongoing thing ( as long as your income is low & you are eligible for it )

Thanks for the info

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I still haven't seen anything in the mail...I think I should be getting one though?? The extra cash would be nice for my vacation spending money LOL

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

ahh it was a joke thus the sign and I was talking to 1 person thus the quote
    Did you manage to log into your My Account on CRA.gc.ca ..maybe it will show that your October 5 , 2010 GST payment ( & all future GST qtrly payments ) has/have also doubled as compared to your July 5 , 2010 payment

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

what i'm confused about is, if we're already getting OST cheques now (the ones that started this month) why would GST cheques be doubling now?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by justamy View Post
    what i'm confused about is, if we're already getting OST cheques now (the ones that started this month) why would GST cheques be doubling now?
    The OST rebate is from the provincial gov ( Ontario ) aka Uncle McGuinty .

But the GST rebate is from the federal gov aka Stephen Harper ..since the HST has significantly raised our taxes all the future rebates have also increased ..actually all the future qtrly rebates/credits will be called HST qtrly rebates they will no longer be called GST qtrly rebates ...since the HST is higher than the GST , the corresponding qtrly cheques are higher too

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Has anyone managed to re-confirm this with a CRA rep ? ...most people are still seeing double payments ( future payments ) when they log into their CRA account ( My Account on CRA )

KK7 called a CRA rep but she was told by that rep it ain't happening ..I hope he was mistaken & gave the wrong info to KK7

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I spoke to someone at the CRA and this is what I was told:

No the GST payments are not going up however what is being shown online through everyones account for the next 3 payments is actually the total of your GST and your OSTC Payment combined. I added the totals of my last GST payment and this new OSTC Payment and it came out to that larger amount that the CRA website is showing for my account

I asked the Agent if that means that the OSTC and GST payment will come together as one payment and she said that they will still come as 2 separate payments but the CRA website is just reflecting both payment totals together.

So take your OSTC and GST normal payments and see if they come out to that bigger total that the CRA website is telling you

I would like to note that the girl I talked to could have been shoveling some BS to me but who knows. I just find it odd and extremely irresponsible especially for a Government website that they wouldn't say something like, "the following totals are 2 rebates combined". Even now while in my account I go to one tab that has the total upcoming payments for OSTC and a different tab for my total upcoming GST and that upcoming GST is reflecting that larger amount as well as the OSTC tab is reflecting the regular payment there. It leads one to believe they will receive the OSTC AND a larger GST payment. I guess we will all just have to wait and see. One would think that if they are combing the 2 even just online to reference that they would at least remove one tab or specify they are combined *sighs
    Last edited by TaraF; Wed, Aug 18th, 2010 at 09:28 AM.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

This is the reson why I have started doing a party dance lol It just dosn't seem right that it would be going up. Thanks Tara for your info

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I wish...that means all of you make under $55000 a year..I could not live in my city for that! I think it should depend where you live in ON..not just your income
    Last edited by Abby5; Wed, Aug 18th, 2010 at 10:26 AM.
    New mom October 2014!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    I spoke to someone at the CRA and this is what I was told:

No the GST payments are not going up however what is being shown online through everyones account for the next 3 payments is actually the total of your GST and your OSTC Payment combined. I added the totals of my last GST payment and this new OSTC Payment and it came out to that larger amount that the CRA website is showing for my account

I asked the Agent if that means that the OSTC and GST payment will come together as one payment and she said that they will still come as 2 separate payments but the CRA website is just reflecting both payment totals together.

So take your OSTC and GST normal payments and see if they come out to that bigger total that the CRA website is telling you

I would like to note that the girl I talked to could have been shoveling some BS to me but who knows. I just find it odd and extremely irresponsible especially for a Government website that they wouldn't say something like, "the following totals are 2 rebates combined". Even now while in my account I go to one tab that has the total upcoming payments for OSTC and a different tab for my total upcoming GST and that upcoming GST is reflecting that larger amount as well as the OSTC tab is reflecting the regular payment there. It leads one to believe they will receive the OSTC AND a larger GST payment. I guess we will all just have to wait and see. One would think that if they are combing the 2 even just online to reference that they would at least remove one tab or specify they are combined *sighs
    The payment dates ( diff. months ) for the OSTC & GST are different too , so its weird & confusing that they ( CRA ) would show the addition of both the payments on the GST payment date of October 5 ...the next OSTC payment date is November 10 .

I am not surprised that people are confused by all this .

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    The payment dates ( diff. months ) for the OSTC & GST are different too , so its weird & confusing that they ( CRA ) would show the addition of both the payments on the GST payment date of October 5 ...the next OSTC payment date is November 10 .

I am not surprised that people are confused by all this .

I absolutely agree, if what the girl I spoke to told me was correct the website is very misleading. I can still log in and it looks to me like I'll be receiving the GST separate from the OSTC on different payment dates and my GST is higher. They just seem to add up to my previous GST and OSTC totals. For all I know she didn't know the real answer and just noticed the 2 totals add up so that's what she told me.

Yeah I don't have much faith in call centers when I call them solely because I've worked in many over the years in several cities and most people in them couldn't care less what information they give you even if it's made up. Not all people, so don't jump on me if you work in a call centre lol

I guess we'll all just have to wait and see. It wouldn't surprise me if it's a system glitch, everyone is paid out the higher amount and the than the Government releases a statement saying that due to an error people were overpaid and they either want the balance back or they will with hold your next Gov payment lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information