User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Zellers Failure

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Zellers was always my favorite place to price match.

Tried to price match SDM Sunday/Monday specials, sorry sir, we don't price match time limited specials

Tried to price match Walmart pop, sorry sir, we don't price match limited quantities specials

Tried to price match Grocery store ad, sorry sir, we only price match department stores, Metro is not our competitor

WTF, please call over a manager, manager says zellers price match rules have changed to be more in line with their competitors

I just left my full cart, with both of them wondering, where is he going, and that is a lot of stuff to put back

I may make this a weekly thing as zellers is right beside my regular grocery store, fill the cart and leave it at the till
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers, Metro, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Oh my! What a rough time they gave you. Sorry you had to go through that and I don't blame you for leaving your full cart there. I would do the exact same thing.
    Want FREE Gifts and gift cards each month!? Just search the web - so easy to use! Please join me on Swagbucks!
    If you need help or have any questions, please feel free to message me.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good at leaving all your stuff.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

+1 good job. I would have done the same.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Haahaha goood!! Leave your stuff...they just seem to be giving ANY excuse to not let you PM

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    156 (100%)

I did that b4, one time at SDM, they have Friskies on sale for 3/99 cents and I bought just over 100 cans (for cat shelter donation). The cashier said I can only get 4 quantities of sale items. I said it didn't specified in the flyer, if SDM wanted to limit quantities, they will state under item limit 4, over limit at $ "higher" price.

She then flipped over the flyer and THREW that flyer on the counter and point (use her finger and tabbed on the flyer) to the fine print said SDM has the right to limit quantities blah blah blah. So I said ok, reached down to the cart (she thought I was getting four cans), instead I grabbed my coupon binder and left the cart full there. The thing is they didn't specify it when I fill the cart, if she wants to change the rule when I was ready to pay, she can put them back as I took the time to fill that cart.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

You should have asked them then what do you price match? Sorry to hear you had a tough time. +1 for leaving your stuff there.

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

Lol!

Trading Score
    361 (100%)

I love it! I had no problem today at my Zellers with the Sun & Mon only SDM specials. I have never heard such a thing. I would keep going back with full carts until they DO price match.
    Join me on swagbucks, and get an envelope worth $50 when you earn your first 100 swagbucks.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/anner2050

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

sorry you had a rough time...funny ending to your story.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jmalias View Post
    I may make this a weekly thing as zellers is right beside my regular grocery store, fill the cart and leave it at the till
    You must have a lot of free time on your hands, to try and pull this stunt on a weekly basis.

IMO, this is immature and a good way to get yourself banned from the store.

Be the bigger person and let it go.

Trading Score
    252 (100%)

I would of done the same.. since when i always am able to price match in my area!
    I really need 8 Dempsters PINS will need until FEB 15 and will trade for G.C $5 your choice where

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I know that last week I went to NF to PM with the WM Coke that was on sale. However, I asked before I loaded the cart up with 6 boxes of Coke and Root Beer if they are PMing on it. The cashier I asked didn't know, so she went and asked another one who phoned whom I assume would be the supervisor and hung up the phone and told me that they were not PMing WM's ad. I did look at the sign when I left (with no Coke) and it said they had the right to vary the policy at any time.

Some stores will vary the policy to THEIR liking and the real bummer is, they can do it week to week or even day to day because of the fine print on there!

Good on your for leaving the cart... I would not do it every week unless you are super duper bored! I would write or call the head office to find out what the deal is or isn't though!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I can tell who works retail and is at the whims of headoffice and who isn't. Maybe you should drop that full cart off at the front door of the manager or the president that makes up the rules instead of leaving it for the person who has to follow them.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

That's awful! I price matched SDM Sunday/Monday specials yesterday and the WM pop as well without problems at my local Zellers (picked a young eager looking cashier!).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information