User Tag List

Page 950 of 2536 FirstFirst ... 450 850 900 940 948 949 950 951 952 960 1000 1050 1450 1950 ... LastLast
Results 14,236 to 14,250 of 38027
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by prairiebelle View Post
    Voting done once again and I gave you all 5's. Really hoping that someone from here wins a prize.

Did not go to work today because I had a massive headache last night and ended up with two hours sleep before my alarm went off for work. I was totally drained so I called in sick and went back to bed again.

I have been getting headaches much too often and think it may be time to go to the doc to see what could be causing them and maybe get something to make it better. Two birds with one stone because I need to talk to him about a prescription for Champix, time to quit smoking.

Has anyone here tried that drug to quit smoking? I have had a few ppl at work try it and it actually worked for them. I have never used a drug to try to quit smoking before but I am willing to try anything if it will work.
    I didn't use Champix, I used Zyban. My husband and I were both able to quit smoking while using Zyban. Please remember, it's not the Champix that will make you quit smoking. It is your determination and willpower that will Best of luck! We've been smoke free for 3 years this coming January 14th
    http://users.eastlink.ca/~linder/PetiteFemmeAvatar.jpg

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good luck to all of you who are trying to quit smoking. Something else to think about...all of the money you will save! Keep track of your savings and buy yourself a nice present when you have broken the habit!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cold turkeyI tried that one time and I think I made it through 3 days before I broke down. I have tried the patch and the gum, both helped me for a bit but after a few months I went back to it again. I admire that you had the willpower and succeeded haunish.

The one good thing about where I work is that they will assist with quitting smoking. Whatever I decide to try will be covered by my medical plan (not sure if it is that way everywhere now)

I really want to quit (been smoking for 23 yrs now) and I have really noticed the effects of it recently. My son has been seeing commercials on tv and I think they had a class on the effects of smoking at school as well. He came into my bedroom a couple weeks ago after we had both gone to bed. He was in tears and pretty much said he wanted me to quit because he did not want to lose his mom. It broke my heart to see him so stressed and sad. I told him I would try at the end of October. Hopefully my child is all the incentive that I need.
    Did you know there are over 4,000 drugs in one cigarette? I didn't know till I quit smoking. Shaun and I quit with the assistance of the "Addiction Services" program. It was great and they have an incredible support team. We used the Zyban for 2 weeks before quitting (we had set our quit date though) and Shaun had his last cigarette at 4:30pm and I had my last one at 5pm. We had both said we would finish our packs Never lit up since. I must say that it REALLY wasn't bad quitting. The bad part was the FEAR of quitting and knowing I wouldn't have my little "buddy" to rely on anymore. Cravings come and go. I picked up a popsicle addiction after I quit. My husband sucked on straws for a few weeks! We have no regrets and we are quite sure we will never smoke again! Now, I put on about 20 lbs though which I do NOT like but they said to concentrate on one thing at a time! Shaun put on about 30-40 lbs but he's 6'4" so he's about 240 now. We'r not big but I am not comfortable at this size. I miss my sizes 5-7!!!

Best of luck Great that your son is afraid of the cigarette as now you know that he'll probably NEVER smoke in his life

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I will let you know if the Champix works. I am off to the doctor on Saturday to talk to him. Like your hubby that is the hard part for me too. Figuring out what to do with your hands, they are much too use to holding onto a cigarette. Then there are the times when you are used to having a cigarette as well...like right after dinner, when you get up in the morning, driving. Those are very hard habits to break when you have been doing them forever and a day.
    You can do it though! I am living proof! I couldn't imagine EVER sitting down at the computer again without my ashtray and cigarette! But hey, I'm sitting at it right now and wasn't even thinking about one till now! Just KEEP BUSY! If you start doing something that makes you think of it, stop doing it and go for a small walk or call someone or do something else. You have to change your life around slightly. It doesn't take long to get adjusted. One important thing though, REWARD YOURSELF. Every week buy yourself a reward. And when you go purchase that small thing, tell the clerk "I just quit smoking and this is my reward"! I couldn't WAIT to tell everyone! It was such a great feeling But the addictions counsellor couldn't stress enough that rewards were VERY important! And boy, did I ever reward myself! I bought stuff constantly! My husband tried begging me to start smoking again as he claimed it was cheaper!!!!! NOT!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by haunish View Post
    Thats the biggest issue for dh, is the driving he does alot for his job so when hes driving he smokes and isnt sure what to replace that with. He suggested he might just have to go camping for a week by himself and see if he can quit..lol
    When I quit smoking, each time I got in the car I brought my two popsicles with me! I ate popsicles while driving! My friends would meet me on the road and wave and I'd be waving with my popsicle in my hand! It worked great! And the best part, they were only $4.99 for a box of 24! Even cheaper than cigarettes and a box lasted more than a day!!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

so no new words today it looks like. Sigh. Just as well I am still behind on entering them all lol.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amycrows View Post
    Thnx. Yes he has a lawyer but I'm not sure what he is doing and trying to find out what our options are. I'm getting involved now because my brother is not mentally well all of a sudden due to this legal matter. It's crazy because he was always the rock in the family as the eldest and now suddenly it's like someone put a spell on him because he is completely different. My father just forced him to be admitted to the hospital. He tried to OD this past weekend, I just found out this morning...all over a lawsuit that everyone tells him will be thrown out and even if it is not does not involve jail time, its just friggin money...I've been crying all day but I can't even let it out because I do not want the kids to see me.
    I am so sorry to hear this Amy. Life can be very depressing at times. My mother committed suicided 17 years ago on November 22nd. My sister attempted suicide once and my brother attempted suicide several times. I am the rock in the family and I hope that I never "cave" in. I'm blessed to have a LOT of strength, a great husband and totally awesome friends. Please talk about it, it WILL help you deal with it. Feel no shame, we are here to help you It's great that your father stepped up and got him the help he needs. Sorry you have to go through this! Hugssssssssssssss...

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteFemme View Post
    When I quit smoking, each time I got in the car I brought my two popsicles with me! I ate popsicles while driving! My friends would meet me on the road and wave and I'd be waving with my popsicle in my hand! It worked great! And the best part, they were only $4.99 for a box of 24! Even cheaper than cigarettes and a box lasted more than a day!!!!!
    Popsicles wouldnt work for him..lol..somedays he is driving for 12-16 hours, I think I will just have to pack alot of baking for him, he loves it but when he cant smoke he eats it like crazy!!! I think our grocery bill will be huge.
    My mom when she quit sucked on mints constantly to keep her mouth busy and it worked. My dad was told to quit,he had a heart attack last year and is only 47(had me young) but he doesnt want to and nothing anyone can say will make him, but I also learned the more you hassle someone the lesslikely they are to quit, at least that is my experience

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by haunish View Post
    Popsicles wouldnt work for him..lol..somedays he is driving for 12-16 hours, I think I will just have to pack alot of baking for him, he loves it but when he cant smoke he eats it like crazy!!! I think our grocery bill will be huge.
    My mom when she quit sucked on mints constantly to keep her mouth busy and it worked. My dad was told to quit,he had a heart attack last year and is only 47(had me young) but he doesnt want to and nothing anyone can say will make him, but I also learned the more you hassle someone the lesslikely they are to quit, at least that is my experience
    Send him off to work with a couple of bags of baby carrots and a small jar of veggie dip. A lot of people eat raw carrots or raw veggies to keep themselves busy. And they are actually pretty healthy for you too! We did the mixed candy thing too! Mints, Wurthers (spelling?), etc.! It worked too! Always had some small candies on hand!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love the idea of rewarding myself femme, considering that I spend around 200.00 a month just on smoking. If I go out and spend 50.00 on me I am still way ahead.

My son and I are hoping to go to Australia next March and this way too, saving up for spending money would be a breeze. Our trips are free and we have a place to stay already so spending money is all I need. Then I could shop out there til I dropped. My only concern though is getting permission from my son's dad to take him out of the country for two and a half weeks.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thx leftie. I guess it is a routine thing. I am used to getting up in the morning and sitting down at the computer and having a smoke before I do anything else at all. That will be a tough one to get through. I will have to make myself hop in shower instantly instead and take an extra long hot shower to get my day started instead.
    That one was hard to give up too - I would hop out of bed on work days (Mon - Fri) and head right downstairs for a smoke so my morning routine changed a little for a week or so - now the times I think of a smoke are getting less and less but I don't think they will ever go away - when you see someone smoking you will think of it but the urge for the habit of having one passes pretty quick.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

its been almost 5 years since my wife and I quit. man it was hard but we done it cold turkey. work after the 6 or 7th try. i was worst then the devil the last and final time. lol poor wifey couldn't even look at me the wrong way or the right way. lol but the craving is still there from time to time. but i am strong will power <i think> lol

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

The funny thing is when my dh had quit for the 3 months, i was in worse shape then he was and i had not smoked in years already. I think I got so used to all the secondhand smoke, I was horrible..lol

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

PointsandPrizes.com Keyword: BREAKDANCE worth 100 points good through 11/20/08.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

PointsandPrizes.com Keyword: MASTER worth 100 points good through 11/20/08.

Thread Information