User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

About $1600 a month.

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

Family of 4 - including 2 teenagers and their friends who I feed often! LOL! plus 1 cat and 2 small doggies....For household items and FOOD - I spend on average about $250 per week, plus I save about $50 in coupons per week!

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

Oh my gawd! $75 a month? that's unbelievable! Ketchup for $.25? is it Heinz or a no name? Same with the Cereal?

Nice food allowance too!

Quote Originally Posted by brunt View Post
    I spend about 30% of my time in the US. They also have more "bargain" stores. Our favourite is "Amelia's", which has about 20 stores in the Pennsylvania area.

Really cheap - boneless, skinless chicken breast for $1 per pound. Stouffer's meatloaf and gravy - 8 serving tray for $2.99. Cereal for $0.75 per box. Ketchup for $0.25 per bottle. You get the idea. Down there we eat for less than $75 per month for the two of us.

Funny thing is that my employer gives me a daily allowance for food while I am down there for just myself that is $35 per day.

It's insane what people can pay.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

We've been spending more per month on groceries, not a good thing...we probably spend close to $400 now, mostly because we are eating more veggies. We used to spend about $50 a week for two of us.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    We've been spending more per month on groceries, not a good thing...we probably spend close to $400 now, mostly because we are eating more veggies. We used to spend about $50 a week for two of us.
    For veggies & fruits usually I go to the reduced produce section where they have slightly over ripe ( not spoiled or anything ) produce reduced to 99 cents or something like that ...they are generally packed in cellophane on a plastic tray ...with a reduced produce sticker & price on it

I generally get 7 - 8 apples or oranges or bananas or pears etc for 99 cents each in that section or 3 - 4 peppers or 2 eggplants or 6 big tomatoes for 99 cents each .

Yesterday I got 6 Avacados for 99 cents in the reduced produce section , they were a bit soft but not spoiled in anyway , if I had bought them in the regular section each avacado was 79 cents

People buy reduced meat nearing expiring date all the time like pink stickered items at Loblaws , No Frills etc , so I am not sure why they don't do the same with produce like fruits & veggies

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Wow nice. To be truthful I have never noticed that here where I live, but again I live in an area that is mostly students so maybe they get grabbed up pretty quickly.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

We spend about 500$/month on groceries for 2 adults, one toddler and an old, stinky dog. We don't buy that much pre-packaged food (which most coupons seem to be directed toward), so can't really say how much we save per week. Maybe 5-10$...again, we don't buy the stuff that you see on coupons if we don't need it...

Banned
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Yeah .. I wish they had coupons on apples & oranges instead of junk food like pop , chips , pizza pops etc

Does your budget also include eating out ( nothing fancy ) but just the occasional trip to McDonalds , Tim Hortons etc ?

I have a friend he drinks his coffee @ TH everyday when he goes to work in the morning , plus he grabs a bagel or something .

Also for Lunch , he grabs a pizza slice , subway sandwich or something .

So basically 5 days a week his lunch & breakfast are outside , only eats dinner at home during workdays ... so I bet his grocery bill is less every week but not his total expense if you consider his eating outside

oh my, your friend seems like he'd be spending ALOT on takeout!

our grocery budget does not include any eating out. that's what our entertainment budget is for

Banned
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nadiabreckon View Post
    We spend about 500$/month on groceries for 2 adults, one toddler and an old, stinky dog. We don't buy that much pre-packaged food (which most coupons seem to be directed toward), so can't really say how much we save per week. Maybe 5-10$...again, we don't buy the stuff that you see on coupons if we don't need it...
    hey you have a stinky dog too? nothing gets rid of the stink on my mutt. NOTHING!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Something to look into.
    I joined the horticultural society in Saskatoon a couple years ago. It is run out of the University of Saskatchewan, but you do NOT need to be a university student to join. It costs $15 a year for the membership. We use a big plot in the summer where everyone is encouraged to help with the work and share all of the harvest. We have access to large coolers to store the produce in the fall/winter. We also have access to a portion of a greenhouse at the UofS and grow fresh vegetables there in the winter. It is really great. Something of this nature might be available in your area, it is certainly worth checking into.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

We spend around $300- $400 for for groceries for 2 adults but we buy some organic products.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    Wow nice. To be truthful I have never noticed that here where I live, but again I live in an area that is mostly students so maybe they get grabbed up pretty quickly.
    At stores like Metro , Price Chopper , Food Basics , No Frills etc they keep it on one of the big rack like trolleys which you can push around .

They don't really have a reduced produce section as such ...anything ( produce ) that's marked down is kept on 2 - 3 racks ( trolleys ) which are somewhere in the corner of the store ...pretty similar to the racks/trolleys of reduced bread they have in the bakery section

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    hey you have a stinky dog too? nothing gets rid of the stink on my mutt. NOTHING!
    Well, our dog is 12yrs old and pees herself when she's laying down, so she smells like nasty dog pee. Giving her a bath doesn't always help though, cause then she smells like a wet dog + dog pee...Ugh, soooo gross!
    Sorry if it's TMI!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

$400-500 (including household stuff/diapers/etc). 2 adults, 1 preschooler (still not potty trained) & 1 infant.

Banned
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nadiabreckon View Post
    Well, our dog is 12yrs old and pees herself when she's laying down, so she smells like nasty dog pee. Giving her a bath doesn't always help though, cause then she smells like a wet dog + dog pee...Ugh, soooo gross!
    Sorry if it's TMI!

ewwwie! our dog doesnt do that but one of our cats has been peeing on the carpet in the dining room. NOT COOL!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information