User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I tried it for stretch marks, and it's completely useless. I do sort of control experiments on myself. When I get a new product, I only use it on one side of the body for a month. Bio-Oil makes skin moist and more plump. For some people, that would reduce the appearance of scars. But you probably have to keep using it for the result. If you have oily skin, definitely break out hazard.

If your scars are rough, you might need salicylic acid or retinol to increase cell turnover. (Your skin will become sensitive, so apply sunscreen as well.) If it is hyper-pigmentation you are concerned, you will also need a whitener such as topical vitamin c, or arbutin.

Have you read "Skin Type Solution" by Dr. Leslie Baumann? Should be able to find it at your local library. The best book for skin care I've ever read. A must read!

Totally feel your pain. I used to have lots of acne scars. Now that they are all gone, I'm fighting wrinkles...

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Thanks, I'll have to check out that book!!
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

If you're willing to shell out $35-$40 or so on something that works, go to your general practitioner and ask for a referral to see a dermatologist. You'll probably want to ask around to see who your friends/family/doctor recommends. (I've been to 4 different derms!)

You can then ask the dermatologist about how to get rid of acne scars. He might suggest chemicals peels etc etc.. but they do have other alternatives like creams.

I'm currently using Retisol-A (also known as Rentin-A) which comes in different percentages. Google it! I have found that my skin has improved 70% within 1.5 months. You get about 45g of product which should last you about 5-6 months as you only use a pea sized about, once a day before bed. (or as directed)

Some people experience more break outs when they use this, but it is normal. The medication clears out all the junk in your pores, which makes you break out. But once it's cleared up, you'll begin the exfoliating process in which your skin will peel slightly. The key to minimizing this, is to use a scrub and moisturize really well in the morning. Just don't give up, as it might get worse before it gets better. But the results are worth it. I'm sure you can read about it or ask your doctor on more information as this is becoming a novel. lol

Good luck!

PS. I've noticed my pores have shrunk as well! +1!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Oh.. and I should add that I've used Bio-oil before and it has done nothing for me but make me feel oily. At first I thought I wasn't using it long enough (after one bottle) so I bought a second and used most of that up. Not much change for the amount of time/money I was spending on it!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I've been wondering about Bio Oil for awhile, good to read these reviews. Thanks all

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Are you looking to make your acne scars disappear and/or fade away? Or are you looking to cover up acne? Or did you want to try out bio oil?
    Instead of applying more makeup, have you considered doing a Microdermabrasion to really reduce acne scars. I believe you can get it done at Colour Visage. I mean in the long-run, it's most likely worth it. But as others do say, do some research online. I think microdermabrasion can be a little pricey, but again in the long run, the creams you buy will probably add up being around the same price but not as effective.

As for Bio oil, I've never had major acne problems but I have used it. And I've never completely buried my face in it due to its thick consistency. I used it like a spot treatment for any bleeding wounds on my face due to pimple or scratches. I would apply it before going to bed and by the next morning, it would've done a fair amount work. But now, I tried out Jamieson's Vitamin E cream and works just as well.

Oh and I read the above comments that suggested you to use retinal A cream, an anti-aging cream. I have a jar of Provitamina cream by Jamieson. It's honestly awesome. I got it on sale at SDM for $9.99 and have been using it for more than half a year and still have ~85% left. Before going to bed, I apply it after cleansing face, using some toner, eye cream, and oil-control serum. A little of it goes a long way. When you wake up the next morning, you'll feel the softness on your skin.
    Come by and visit my blog at: <br> http://makemepretty101.blogspot.com

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When selecting an acne scar removal product, insure that you understand how the product works. Find out how it will work to remove the scars on your body..

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been heard that number of people used bio oil to get rid of acne scares.Bio oil is really best way to treat acne and improves the tone of skin.Bio oil contain some herbal plant oils and purcellin oil that acts as a moisturizer of the skin.Apply bio oil twice in a day which helps to cure acne effectively.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bio oil sucks. It's not good at all. It contains mineral oil which is really hard to absorb. It can make acne prone skin breakout because it clogs pores.

Vitamin E oil is good on it's own to get rid of scarring.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

bio oil didn't really diminish any scars for me. i find it useful for getting rid of blackheads. in a hot shower or after steaming, massage your face with it and the blackheads will just pop right out! however, i find the smallest size they have is still too big for me. the oil spoils very quickly in my experience so using it after 3-6 months after opening will result in nasty breakouts
    Enjoy chatting on forums or blogs? Get paid $0.05+ per post at Postloop!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

just a little add-in, if you have acne or oily skin, use rose water as a toner twice a day instead of astringent or alcohol toners, since those can dry out your face and increase oil production...I've been using rose water twice every day for the last 3 weeks and it has tightened my pores and my skin is less oil-prone.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I use rose water too for my skin

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Where can you get rose water?
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post
    Where can you get rose water?
    actually I saved up my AGC and bought 100% rose water off of amazon cost me $35 with shipping....a bit expensive but I got 500mL of pure organic rose water....very hard to find.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

amazon.ca?

Was it the Pure+Simple brand?
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information