User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    164 (100%)

BTW, no pics because as soon as I walked in the door I was typing away to Shopper's Drug Mart

Having had a sick child at home for the last two days and having had to work from home as a result, I needed to get out tonight to make sure I took advantage of the 15X the points today at SDM before it was over and of course stock up on both shelter and personal stash!

So I went in and purchased the following:
    13 Secret Deodorant, $2.99 ea. - (13) $1.00 coupons
    4 Stayfree, $2.99 ea. - (2) $5.00 coupons
    Nestle Noir Chocolate, $3.29 - FPC
    Colgate Sensitive Toothpaste, $5.49 - $2.00 coupon
    Playtex clothes, $2.29 (clearance)
    5 Life Brand Sweet Treat Bath Sets, $2.00 ea.(clearance)
    4 Life Brand Sweet Treat Body Wash, $2.00 ea. (clearance)
    Life Brand Sweet Treat Mist, $2.00 (clearance)
    Life Brand Sweet Treat Lotion, $2.00 (clearance)
    Life Brand Water (12 pk), $1.49
    Kashi Granola Bars, $3.29 - $2.00 coupon
    Crystal Light Singles, $2.99 - .75 coupon
    2 Ristorante Pizza, $3.99 ea. - $1.50 coupon WUB2
    V-O5 Hot Oil, $4.49 - $1.00 coupon
    Smucker's Jam, $5.99 - $1.00 coupon
    4 Everyday Butter, $2.99 ea.

My purchase to this point totalled $106.07.

I also had in my cart was 5 VIM @ .88 cents ea. - (5) $1.00 coupons.

Of course that is where the problem came in. In the past, when I've had items like this, they have reduced the coupon to the price and allowed me to get it for nothing and just having to pay the taxes. But of course, there is one employee there (a cash supervisor) who I have had issues in the past with, who has tried to limit me on purchases even if they weren't on sale and had no limit on them etc. and of course was "supervising" there this evening. I must admit everytime I see her, I cringe as I fear a hassle coming on. I swear she has it out for me!

So tonight was no exception with her hassle, because when I went to cash out my purchases, of course, the cashier asked her how she was to ring the coupon in and the cash supervisor proceeded to take the coupon to the assistant manager on the floor and talked for five minutes and came back and denied my use of it, indicating, the store would get .12 extra cents back from the coupons if they claimed the full dollar.

I indicated to her I wasn't looking to make money of the coupons, and in previous transactions the coupon has been reduced to the item price but of course she wouldn't budge.

I told her that considering how much money I spend at the store (probably at least a couple hundred dollars a month), that this was ridiculous considering I have done it in the past on other items (Cornflakes as an example).

She said they are cracking down on coupon misuse and I said I never use invalid coupons and that I am an honest customer and just try to purchase items using coupons for those less fortunate than us.

She said that she could try and ask again and I indicated don't worry about it, that if this is how a loyal customer is treated, I will remember that by not coming back to this store. The funny thing is that most of the employees there know me and some even call me the "crazy coupon lady" and marvel at how much I donate etc. and I have even given them coupons and they have given me freebies towards my shelter work. The amount of optimum points collected during the last year there has been so much that I have redeemed at least 10 - 12 times in the last year, so I am flabbergasted that this happened.

In any case, SDM got a very lengthy email tonight after I came home and hopefully her actions will be spoken to. And of course, she'll know who it came from, but considering customer service isn't lacking elsewhere in the store, perhaps she needs an awakening.

In any case, I did get 19150 SDM points and my blood pressure up Now I gotta figure out what to buy Saturday and Monday at the other Shopper's in town, since I'll be boycotting there until I get an apology

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

UPDATE #1

I got an email from Shoppers' today. Here is what it said:

Thank you for writing to us about your experience at the Shoppers Drug Mart. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

At Shoppers Drug Mart our entire philosophy is based on the understanding of care and concern of our customers. In fact, our promise is to 'provide superior customer satisfaction beyond expectation'. Obviously we did not meet or exceed your expectations, and again, we sincerely apologize. Your comments and concerns are important to us and have been forwarded to the Management Team at the store.

Thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention and allowing us to improve our services to our customers. Please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Call Centre at 1-800-SHOPPERS should you have any further questions or comments.

Regards,
    Angela
    Shoppers Drug Mart Customer Service

So with that message I am hopeful her attitude will be dealt with. Still thinking about doing the 20x the shop at the store tomorrow as she normally works afternoons/evenings and not mornings. I'll continue to keep you posted if anything else comes of it! Thanks again for your support!
    UPDATE #2

Got a call from the store manager this morning who apologized for the customer service I received as well as the incident. She said although they do not reduce the coupon to match the sales price, they could've dealt with it in a number of ways including bringing up the item to a $1.00 in cost and letting me use the $1.00 coupon to get it free as well as offering me a larger size and using the coupon on the larger size as well. She said that this was NOT the first time there has been issues with this particular employee and she will be spoken to about the customer service philosophy. In lieu of the trouble I had, I have a $10 GC waiting for me at Customer Service and I indicated to her that I did indeed return to the store on Saturday and had a good experience and filled in the sdm survey attached to my receipt to indicate there was no issues this time around. So at the end of the day, I have $10 towards my shelter stash and have SDM preparing their employees a bit better for coupon use Happy Ending to my story!
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart, Pharmaprix
    Last edited by eriluo; Mon, Oct 25th, 2010 at 11:43 AM.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Way to go on the points!

I have a cashier supervisor like that. At the grocery store. Everytime she sees me, she runs over to the cashier to read every coupon I hand the cashier. She's a pain in my side to say the least. And I too am never using any kind of fradulent coupon! Her bone of contention is teh whole 1 per purchase (and the spend $250 get $25GC is AFTER coupons). We always argue about the whole 1 per purchase and I always end up throwing my arms up in the air and saying....fine waste your time, ring it in 1 by one. She never stands there with the poor cashier that now has to ring in the item on 8 seperate transactions. *shakes head* I so hear you!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

WTG on your points! Sorry, you had an unpleasant shopping trip--hopefully your 20x the points experience will be better!

Trading Score
    194 (100%)

oh no
    Want Amazon.ca or other gift cards? Join Swagbucks and Irazoo! $515 redeemed to date.

My blog: http://seapotato.blogspot.com/

Trading Score
    194 (100%)

oh no I hope they get back to you, youre such a loyal customer!!
    Want Amazon.ca or other gift cards? Join Swagbucks and Irazoo! $515 redeemed to date.

My blog: http://seapotato.blogspot.com/

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

Great brag (as always). Your problem with the store WILL get sorted out...I speak from experience!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I understand your frustration but the supervisor only did what her manager told her to do. She offered to ask again for you and you declined so I don't know why you would be so upset with the supervisor.

I am very close to someone that is a front store manager and that supervisor was correct. Head office is cracking down on coupon use of any kind. A cashier should not be altering the amount of a coupon for any reason and at any time the company that produces VIM can ask for a financial report of how many Vim products were in stock at the time the coupons were valid, how many were sold and at what price.

The companies that produce these coupons should get wise and put "up to $1.00 off any Vim product" and the store should write in how much off they gave the customer up to $1.00.

Also, the coupon amounts entered in the cash 2001 code must match the physical coupons collected by the cashier. If she entered .88cents for the coupons and the physical coupon said $1.00 their books will not balance.
    Last edited by CrazyQT; Wed, Oct 20th, 2010 at 03:05 AM.

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Hope SDM responds favourably to you Erilou. And get well soon to your child

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Great shopping. Our SDM never lets us use coupons over the amount of the item, not even a penny, and they won't adjust them. It's been like that as long as I can remember.

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

great deals you got...despite the coupon hassles...glad to see you are writing to SDM, they need to train their staff better.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Has anybody ever e-mailed the coupon company about how they view this? Does the Vim company care how much we pay for their product or are they just thinking of the coupons as a promo thing to get us to switch to their product? I've never done this, wondering if others have, maybe there is already a thread/discussion on this somewhere??
    Teresa
    Free gift cards for searching! Wow!

Here is my referral link...
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jiangximia

Trading Score
    164 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    I understand your frustration but the supervisor only did what her manager told her to do. She offered to ask again for you and you declined so I don't know why you would be so upset with the supervisor.
    I declined because this particular individual is always trying to give me a hassle (i.e. watching me like a hawk), regardless whether I come into the store with coupons or not, and after awhile you get tired of being treated second-class when you haven't done anything wrong. All my coupons are valid. I purchase only what the coupons say. I buy lots of stuff without coupons. My purchases are always above the $100 mark. Those are just some of the reasons I feel discriminated against by this particular employee who I don't know. So regardless of the coupon policies which I would respect if implemented across the board, I think this was more about the individual turning off loyal customers from shopping in the store like me and the fact she needs a lesson in good plain ol' customer service.

Thanks for everyone's comments on my purchases

Happy Hump-day everyone!
    Last edited by eriluo; Wed, Oct 20th, 2010 at 08:26 AM.

Trading Score
    15 (94%)

Eriluo, which SDM is this?
    Lynn

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

VIM was/is on for $1 at Zellers so I used my $1 coupons there so there'd be no hassle. They took them at SDM the last time but had to talk to a supervisor first so I couldn't be bothered dealing with it.

However, like you, I switched stores starting yesterday too.

I had taken a bag of expired meds. in for recycling. The pharmacist told me I had to take the pills out of each packet. Some were individually wrapped.

No problem.

So there I am, off to the side, merrily popping all these pills out and happen to look up and see the pharmacist with a quizzical look on his face.

"What are you looking at?" he says nastily.

Calmly I respond,"You looked like you were about to ask me a question."

Again nastily he replies,"I'm lookin' at you cuz you're lookin' at me."

I held back saying,"Now I understand why your wife left you." (which she did and opened the Pharmasave across the street).

So I left the pills on the counter, 90% unopened, and left.

Yesterday I had my perscription filled at Wal-Mart.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

I held back saying,"Now I understand why your wife left you." (which she did and opened the Pharmasave across the street).

This is classic!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information