User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Anyone used both and know which is better?

As far as I can tell they are supposed to do the same thing.

I'd appreciate any advice!

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sudocrem... it's the awesomest... when my two were still in diapers, i tried both of your mentioned ones... then i discovered Sudocrem, never looked back

http://www.sudocrem.ca/

Trading Score
    112 (100%)

I didn't like penaten or desitin either!! I'm a zincofax user all the way You could not pay me to use a different diaper cream. But if you really want to compare check the medicinal ingredients. Zinc oxide content is what makes the rash go away. Unless they actually have a rash, I just use good old vaseline Hope this helps
    Win daily prizes worth $150 to $10000 sign up here!! I've won 3x $150 GCs since Jan.2012
    http://www.todaysdraw.com/?invite=5780

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

I hate penaten. The feel of it makes me shiver lol. I use sudocreme.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

we were using whatever was given to us. the last fpc johnsons parent pack coupon we had was used on a baby aveeno kit that included diaper rash cream... that is the best imo and when thats gone i might even shell out the 9$+tax *shudders at price* to buy more
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

I didn't like penaten or desitin both never worked, the one made the rash bigger and the other one gave my baby blisters when using it. So I just use vaseline.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I always hated Penatin. I find it too sticky and there isn't much Zinc Oxide in it (compared to some other brands).

We've always used Desitin and it's always worked great! I stocked up when they changed their packaging and Loblaws had the huge tubs for 50%. I think they ended up being around $3 (sale price minus 50% and $1 J&J coups).

I've noticed that my doctor's office has A LOT of sample of Sudocream, so maybe ask your doctor next time you go in. That way you can try it without paying a fortune.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

We've used all of them (including store brands) trying to find one that worked for our two little ones and I have to say that my favorite is Zincofax. I've rated the creams below out of 5 and added reasons why I don't & do like them:

Desitin: 2.5/5 worked ok but not too fond of the smell
    Penatin: 2/5 ugh I did not like the texture at all and it was very messy to use
    Sudocrem: 3.5/5 really don't have anything bad to say about it except it seemed really thick and we seem to go through a lot of it. Works good just not my favorite cream
    Zincofax: 4/5 my favorite to use it works great for diaper rashes for our two girls, not a strong smell and it's not too thick to apply.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We haven't tried desitin or sudocreme.
    We find zincofax is effective and easier to spread but doesn't stay on ds' skin... Penaten has a thick texture so it stays on skin. This is especially helpful since we use cloth diapers. We only use the cream if ds has a rash, the rest of the time we use petroleum jelly.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Oh, the Desitin smells awful! It made me want to gag....other than that, I use whatever. I have lots of penaten right now from the FPC but I've used it all. Actually the walmart and life brands were quite good! And the life brand comes in a smaller tube that is great in the diaper bag.

I actually love the penaten daily cream. It's like vaseline with vitamins in it. It's kinda oily and works really well. Clears up a bum that is starting to get red in just one application. It's expensive though. Like $7 a tube, but it lasts long.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

my kids are all older, but I still buy a tin of Penatin once in a while...zinc cream is great for anything, like cuts and sunburns, for instance....I like it too because it is really thick and stays on a while.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

We're also on the Vaseline bandwagon! I've used it on all three of my wee ones, and it's cleared up any redness/rash within two applications. When my mom first suggested using it I thought she was nuts (my poor mom!!), but it is actually quite amazing!! Plus it's super inexpensive, which is also a bonus!

Skankarina on the prowl MercyEhm's Avatar
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)

If you look at the ingredients, they're all the exact same thing. What you can try is Wellskin Barrier cream. It's a silicone based cream that works by preventing ALL moisture from the skin. It's 100% waterproof and it's what they use in hospitals once a diaper rash has occured. Zinc oxide creams work on preventing the diaper rash but medically it does nothing for the rash once it's surfaced.

You can get it at SDM for $6.49. It's the only thing I've ever used and my son's never had a diaper rash, he's now 8mo. The hospitals use it on patients that have extreme diarrhea. Actually, they use ProShield but that's not available in stores OTC but the ingredients are the exact same as the Wellskin Barrier.
    Instant Human Just Add COFFEE!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Good idea about Vaseline, I never thought of it.
    I did think that more people would like the Penatin or Desitin though. Good thing I am asking!

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

i use penatin for daily protection but once a rash is starting use Desitin i swear by it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information