User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by eric53 View Post
    I just got off the phone with Home Dustpot in Nanaimo and asked them why an 80 inch door is now 79 inches??????? The stickers on the door sash say 80 inches. I thought I had a bum door but no he explains. They started that a few years ago. You only get a 79 inch door now when you buy your standard 80 inch. Now, how does that make any sense? Maybe I had better check the width. It might only be 31 inches wide instead of the 32 inches.

I wonder how much the manufacturer saves by shaving off an inch?
    I cant even buy new interior doors to fit. I hear they changed the standard sizes of doors from years ago, but my house didnt follow suit. We have had to modify every door so far when we changed them all to the raised panels.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Judstir View Post
    My son just ran into this problem as well. He has a stucco home and when he put in the new door there was a gap around the whole door. He just tried to fill it with silicone but said it looks like heck. He wondered about the size of the new door being smaller than the old one.
    Luckily enough, my door is just 1 inch short. Why they don't call it a 79 inch door instead of an 80 inch is beyond me but he guy at Home Dustpot said they are now made that way and all you have to do is fill in the 1 inch with insulation then install the trim inside and out to cover.
    Taking my wife out for dinner Friday night.
    We are going to
    Sam n' Ellas

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Here's my "Whine"- sorry nothing to do with doors:

Why does the dog find the ONLY tube of paint that dd dropped and forgot to pick up?
    Why is that colour bright red - and why does it end up spread all over my beige carpet??

Think i'll go get some more boursin....not sure how it'll go down with the irish cream i'm currently enjoying!!

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Here's my Whine:

I came home on Saturday afternoon, after a short lived Halloween party for DD's, and pulled up to my house only to see my landlord coming out of MY house!!!

I don't care if the house was on fire you have no right to be in MY unit!!!
    I talked to him for a few minutes explaining if I ever catch him again in my apartment, I will be calling the police.
    I have felt nothing but violated and victimized all week. I jump at noises now when I am home by myself, and I can't shake the feeling that he has done this before.

We left while he was here working on another unit(before Halloween party) and he never mentioned needing into our unit!
    For all I know he set up pinsized cameras and is watching me type this right now. UGH!

WHINE WHINE WHINE! lol
    I would LOVE a brick of the stinkiest cheese---so I can SLAP my landlord upside the head with it!!!

Oh and to top it off, earlier that day, I came out into the common area of the duplex to use MY washing machine so I could wash my Halloween costume for the party, and the other (new)renter took it upon herself to do her laundry...in MY washing machine! So I went to the party dressed as a "normal" person.
    Last edited by Myslynn; Fri, Nov 5th, 2010 at 09:07 PM.
    Always looking for Kellogg's FPC & Playtex Vouchers

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

heres my whine

why are people so ungrateful?
    Would it kill you to say thank you?

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks C Mcarthur

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    heres my whine

why are people so ungrateful?
    Would it kill you to say thank you?
    We are going to
    Sam n' Ellas

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I have heartburn. And I think it's Stephen Harper's fault somehow.

(Sorry, spending too much time on the CBC message boards.)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Bullies make me crazy.

And I'd love some gruyere, thx!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Well as some of you know, I installed a new exterior door at my place here. I was going to do it on Saturday but no one from SC's showed up so I put it in yesterday. Now, not only was the door short one inch per manufacturers manufacturing but they used to make those doors with an eggshell coloured primer. But Not Any More!!!!! They are primed light to medium gray. Yes I knew that when I bought it but you see, if it was still the off white colour, that goes with most decors but this gray? Well it looks dark compared to the walls so now i have to paint the door.

So, not only do they Cheat you out of an inch, they also force you to buy paint and paint it now. Unless of course you want a light to medium gray door.
    We are going to
    Sam n' Ellas

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Here is my whine..Why do people pretend to care about cancer as a cause, say putting links on facebook and such for fundraisers but when they find out a friend actually has cancer they drop them like a hot potato and avoid them like the plague?? Obviously I am speaking from experience. It's not contagious people! Hypocrytes!
    Oh yeah, my fav cheese is smoked gouda.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, Sawyergirl, that's sad... and I guess they weren't really friends to begin with...

(My son adores smoked gouda, too!)

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyergirl View Post
    Here is my whine..Why do people pretend to care about cancer as a cause, say putting links on facebook and such for fundraisers but when they find out a friend actually has cancer they drop them like a hot potato and avoid them like the plague?? Obviously I am speaking from experience. It's not contagious people! Hypocrytes!
    Oh yeah, my fav cheese is smoked gouda.
    Hi sawyer, I think that is probably because they just don't know what to say. I know my neighbours dad here got lung cancer a couple of years ago and when he came to visit next door, even though I had talked to him a few times before he got the cancer, I kindof avoided him as I didn't know what to say to him. Do you say you are sorry and get the tears flowing or what? He had terminal cancer. Unfortunate.
    We are going to
    Sam n' Ellas

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by eric53 View Post
    Hi sawyer, I think that is probably because they just don't know what to say. I know my neighbours dad here got lung cancer a couple of years ago and when he came to visit next door, even though I had talked to him a few times before he got the cancer, I kindof avoided him as I didn't know what to say to him. Do you say you are sorry and get the tears flowing or what? He had terminal cancer. Unfortunate.
    Someone that you barely know is one thing and I can undersatand not knowing what to say to them, but I am talking about people that you have spent a lot of time with. And no, I don't really talk about the cancer, it would be nice to be treated like usual, just hey what did you do today or lets go for coffee etc. The point is not being treated any differently just because of the illness and being completely ignored is even worse. Natalka is right, I guess these people were never really my friends to begin with.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My whine is stupid and aimed at myself. Why do I watch things on TV that I know are going to upset me and keep me awake? I don't know but I did it tonite. No sleep for awhile now.Thank goodness for SC.
    I like baby cheese . Curds that are so fresh they squeak. Mmmmm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information