User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Many people have come across trolls on SC and have been wondering what would possess someone to viciously attack complete strangers the way that they do.
    This week the 14 year old daughter of the Ottawa Senators assistant coach, Luke Richardson, committed suicide. Some of her friends started a memorial page for her on Facebook. The page was quickly taken over by trolls, who posted taunting comments, ographic images, and pictures mocking the way she died. Concerned onlookers fought back and one woman was able to track some of the trolls down. What she found out was even more disturbing and disgusting than I thought. Here's the story:
    http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/ot...355/story.html
    This thread is currently associated with: Coach

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

omg
    Join GROUPON for incredible deals, click here

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That's beyond demented...

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

that is awful
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It happens all too much. Look at that Bc girl who was raped and pictures were shared all over facebook.

Last year there was a facebook group calling a girl a whore and they posted indecent pictures of her passed out... she was 16

Theres a facebook group right now trying to get a security guard back his job at a local high school because hes been accused of sexually harassing a student. People are calling her a liar, have named her (shes a minor) and have even gone as far to say she should kill herself

Some people are just not nice at the best of times.

Busy Bee
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

These people are so depraved.What kind of uninteresting lives they have to do this sort of thing to destroy others.

Be a little kinder than necessary,remember everyone is fighting their own battles.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This is just so sad and unjust. That poor family.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Never ceases to amaze me how gratuitously hurtful people can be.

As if this poor family didn't have enough to try to deal with, knowing that their baby girl was in enough emotional pain that she took her own life...when they look at the tribute her friends tried to make for her, even that won't be a source of comfort for them.

Just vile. People disgust me sometimes.
    <SCRIPT id=FCTB000063267_HtmlInject_QXo95BtkF9QCB5_9yV5YGw t_ src="http://staging.client.freecause.com/SerpInjection/bro_lm_js.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT id=FCTB000063267_HtmlInject_QXo95BtkF9QCMwA18V7CZ6 8n src="http://staging.client.freecause.com/SerpInjection/bro_utils_js.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT id=FCTB000063267_HtmlInject_QXo95BtkF9QCW5d84_L80w hj src="http://s3pr.freecause.com/airmiles-clone_script.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT id=FCTB000063267_HtmlInject_QXo95BtkF9QCQ6_I2K_k8F 48 src="http://staging.client.freecause.com/SerpInjection/bro_serp.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT id=FCTB000063267_HtmlInject_QXo95BtkF9QCAxk_zchQZV vW type=text/javascript defer> var fctb_tool=null; function Fx27kjtvzx30(t) { fctb_tool=t; start(fctb_tool); } </SCRIPT>

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    It happens all too much. Look at that Bc girl who was raped and pictures were shared all over facebook.

Last year there was a facebook group calling a girl a whore and they posted indecent pictures of her passed out... she was 16

Theres a facebook group right now trying to get a security guard back his job at a local high school because hes been accused of sexually harassing a student. People are calling her a liar, have named her (shes a minor) and have even gone as far to say she should kill herself

Some people are just not nice at the best of times.
    Yeah. I knew there were a lot of sick people on the internet and that kids can be unbelievably cruel to each other. I guess it just never occurred to me that people are being paid to continuously post pictures of a 14-year-old child with a noose around her neck on her memorial site. I also never would have imagined that they actually think they are doing her friends and family a service!
    There is one thing that I do love about this story though. The police are all like "Oh dear! Well...we'll 'investigate' but there isn't much we can do."
    Then Momma gets involved! She finds out what cave these creeps are hiding in and gives them a piece of her mind!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

What causes someone to take a memorial page of a 14 year old girl and post hateful disgusting comments on it? What public service are they putting out into the world by posting offensive, tasteless comments?

I hope karma comes back and bites them one day - what goes around comes around, and I hope it does in this situation.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

yes I saw this article....

Social Media it seems that people who aren't just vicious in real life take it to extremes online...
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I am so glad not to be a teenager in today's world. I guess my aunt and uncle are right in not allowing my 14 year old cousin to have a facebook account and they monitor all his internet activity.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Some people are just vile.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i've been a bit out of watching/hearing news, thanks abbasgirl.
    did see a bit of coaches corners and don mentioned her,
    this sort of cr*p, and how awful it is - with 3 links to
    helpful people, (kidshelpline, etc.).

wishing a person who was a bit older than these kids could say
    something to them so meaningful, that no matter what
    they are subjected to they can just bounce back.
    but these 'communites' are so versitile, tiny and huge, damn.

my sorrow goes out to the richardsons, terriblily sad.
    if you have some spare time

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

wow

Thread Information