User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Coupon's Dirty Mistress g_skywalker's Avatar
    Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Me being a man, I can't say I like shoppers much. But I did like the opportunity last week to go from 70 pts to 145,000 and do a $250 redemption and trade another 37000 for $75 in gc's and 3 fpcs for PC cookies. I used the spc 8000 coupon 11 times (on the gc's and purchases, then used the gc's to buy the $75 and of course spent $30-40 after coupons and Glade MIR), as well as bonus points, and the 18500 offer.

Here is what I got for my redemption (everything was on sale):

Sony Camera $110
    Intern. delight creamer x2 1.99
    Centrum 12.99 x2 -$4 in coupons
    Delmonte Juice 1.99 x5
    Peak Freans cookies 1.99x5
    Vitamin D 2.99x2
    Lean cuisine 1.99x10-$7 in coupons
    Egg Nog 1.99
    Softlips 1.99x5-$10 in coupons
    Loreal eye liner 10.49-$5 coupon
    Eggs 1.99x2
    Flinstones 7.49x3-$6 coupons
    Diet Coke 2.99x4
    Campbells soup .49x39-$13 in coupons
    Canned Tomatoes .99x29

total coupons used during the entire week at shoppers: $232 (plus $30 worth of MIR's)
    I was pretty happy with it except that I had no idea how to spend the last $60 so that was where the juice, cookies, vitamins, egg nog etc came from. (at that point it was already 2 am and I was fading fast).

I think my favorite part will be not having to go back to shoppers for a large shopping trip for a long, long time.
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart, Sony Style, SPC Student Price Card

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

How did you use the SPC 11 times, it says one time only
    When I used it, it did not come up as points and I had to call them and he said it was because I must have used it already, then they looked at my account and credited it
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow way to go -awesome redemption

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Yeah I had read it said once only, but they kept scanning it and it kept working, best part is I don't even have an SPC card, lol. They never asked for it I just told them they could scan it and they did.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Great job on the redemption!!!

Now I'm just gonna sit back and wait to see all the comments about you using the SPC coupon 11 times.....

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mydusty View Post

Now I'm just gonna sit back and wait to see all the comments about you using the SPC coupon 11 times.....
    I couldn't agree more. Redeeming is always good, but taking advantage of the system is what's gonna ruin it for those of us who abide by the rules.
    Join GROUPON for incredible deals, click here

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I agree with maddie2008. We used the SPC BP coupon 2x but one for each card, and have 2 SPC cards. This is a great program, but if ppl are abusing it then they won't offer the coupons anymore for pb.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mydusty View Post
    Great job on the redemption!!!

I'm amazed it actually worked!

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

I was too, I expected it to work once then that's it. That's what I had been told but it worked. As for those who feel I abused the system by using it more than once, sorry you feel that way. I feel if they wanted it to work that way there are many ways to have the system only take it once.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by g_skywalker View Post
    I was too, I expected it to work once then that's it. That's what I had been told but it worked. As for those who feel I abused the system by using it more than once, sorry you feel that way. I feel if they wanted it to work that way there are many ways to have the system only take it once.
    I'm much more annoyed at people hoarding all the soft lips then someone who got 80 000 more bonus points!
    Especially the ones that just want the free points and don't even use the product.
    Bet they are all kicking themselves when they read this post.

In your case, it really is shoppers own fault. They SHOULD'VE asked for you SPC card. I used the coupon 4 times (mine, DH & parents cards) and was only asked for my SPC the first time.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I agree. All companies can put stop gap measures in place. As a consumer I will use coupons etc to the best of the advantage as allowed by the company.

Great shopping btw.

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As for those who feel I abused the system by using it more than once, sorry you feel that way.
    No one "feels" you abused the system. They know you abused the system. The coupon reads "One time offer only; limit one coupon per customer." You chose to disregard these conditions. You've admitted this. You discovered the system was open to abuse, and you abused it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by renegado View Post
    No one "feels" you abused the system. They know you abused the system. The coupon reads "One time offer only; limit one coupon per customer." You chose to disregard these conditions. You've admitted this. You discovered the system was open to abuse, and you abused it.
    Yes, I agree with you. No wonder why nowaway Plus Member have to wait for weeks or a month too see their points being added!

Well, finally SDM will do anything for better safe than sorry, some one used the SPC more than 10 times, while the coupon clearly stated 1 time offer! IMO, it's not better than stealing!
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thien_nga View Post
    Yes, I agree with you. No wonder why nowaway Plus Member have to wait for weeks or a month too see their points being added!
    `

Just a question, is this a fact or an opinion? I am wondering if Shoppers Drug Mart has officially said that point coupon use is a reason that Plus members have a waiting period before points are added. Just curious.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

i would be worried if i use many times of the coupon, my sdm account would be frozen that will cause much more than i get.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information