User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Migraine

Julie Andrews
    Sometime yesterday I couldn't be near the computer for a while... I was able to come back for a brief moment in the evening but I was completely out of everything by 9pm. This morning I woke up with pain and I just couldn't go back to sleep.

It seems like the pain relievers make me more nauseus but I still try anyway. I'm just waiting to eat breakfast and then I'll take something- hopefully I'll be able to rest after that.

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

Hope yo are feeling better..sleep seems to be the best thing for me..but if I am in too much pain I have to take something to make me drowsy...tyenol 3 with codiene knocks me out.
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

been going through a bad bout of migraines.and have nothing to take for it and can't even go to the doctors without it costing me 30.-40.00 and nothing seems to be working. I have an an appointment on Nov 15th to get my Health card renewed and my doctor will no prescribe me meds over the phone, he wants to see me but wants to charge me. I can go to the hospital and get billed and then just phone in to OHIP when I get my card and they will cancel the bill for me, I should probally do that but I can't stand going out of the house when I am in pain, and once when I went to the hospital for a migraine I waited 7 1/2 hours to be seen. I suppose though if it doesn't let up I will have to go.I try to get on the computer but if i stay on too long it makes the migraine worse...so I just stay on for a few minutes when I do get on.
    anyways...sorry if I seem grumpy or non-talkative..I been suffering for about 4-5 days with this migraine..sometimes it lets up a little but never goes away
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

rita heyworth
    Quote Originally Posted by WandaJean View Post
    been going through a bad bout of migraines.and have nothing to take for it and can't even go to the doctors without it costing me 30.-40.00 and nothing seems to be working. I have an an appointment on Nov 15th to get my Health card renewed and my doctor will no prescribe me meds over the phone, he wants to see me but wants to charge me. I can go to the hospital and get billed and then just phone in to OHIP when I get my card and they will cancel the bill for me, I should probally do that but I can't stand going out of the house when I am in pain, and once when I went to the hospital for a migraine I waited 7 1/2 hours to be seen. I suppose though if it doesn't let up I will have to go.I try to get on the computer but if i stay on too long it makes the migraine worse...so I just stay on for a few minutes when I do get on.
    anyways...sorry if I seem grumpy or non-talkative..I been suffering for about 4-5 days with this migraine..sometimes it lets up a little but never goes away
    WJ, I would take care of this sooner rather than later - money out of pocket is no fun, but you will get it back and your quality of life without the meds seems to be very low. OHIP should reimburse you also if you see your doctor - failing that, I would go to a walk-in clinic if you have one of those in your region. You're not going to make it to Nov. 15 if you keep putting this off.

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

my doctor wants 30.00 out of pocket and the walk-in clinic wants 40.00 out of pocket...I have 3 nickles and some dust bunnies in my wallet...lol..if I go to hospital they do not charge me out of pocket, so I can go there..but can not go tonight because of fear of walking to and from the hospital by myself in the dark.It's not far but I am a scaredy-cat.

rita heyworth
    Quote Originally Posted by WandaJean View Post
    my doctor wants 30.00 out of pocket and the walk-in clinic wants 40.00 out of pocket...I have 3 nickles and some dust bunnies in my wallet...lol..if I go to hospital they do not charge me out of pocket, so I can go there..but can not go tonight because of fear of walking to and from the hospital by myself in the dark.It's not far but I am a scaredy-cat.
    Walking to the hospital in the dark = not recommended - scared or not. They don't take credit cards at your doctor's office or walk-in clinic? Most medical offices do. Get going on this first thing tomorrow, hon.

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

i don't have a credit card.will go to hospital in morning after coffee and shower.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Migraines are no fun. I usually get one at least once a month or so. I haven't gotten as many in the last couple of years. The only thing that works for me, is staying in bed all day. I close my curtains and try to sleep for the day. I usually get sick so I have to bring a bucket into my room. My cats just look at me as if I'm crazy.

I hope you feel better, WandaJean.

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

thanks racefan

Julie Andrews
    WandaJean is there any hassle-free clinic near you? One that won't charge you or ask for a health card???

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

I phoned the walk in clinic and its 40.00

rita heyworth
    Hey WandaJean,

How's the migraine?

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

bad right now..was ok at 7:00am ...got aura at 9:30 ish...but new modem and stuff came in so ..stubborn me...I had to install and now testing it out. thanks for asking rita..I did take some gravol and that has helped with the nausea....just absolutely no energy

rita heyworth
    Can you get the BF to go sit with you at the hospital for a few hours?

Julie Andrews
    WandaJean, is there anyone who could go to the hospital with you?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information