User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Migraine

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

* A must read for migraine suferers and those who want o know the truth about migraines..I just hate when people think I have a headache

http://www.migraines.org/myth/mythreal.htm

MYTH: A MIGRAINE IS JUST A BAD HEADACHE.
    REALITY: MIGRAINE IS A DISEASE, A HEADACHE IS ONLY A SYMPTOM. IN ADDITION, THE CAUSE OF MIGRAINE PAIN IS THE OPPOSITE OF THE CAUSE OF HEADACHE PAIN.

MYTH: MIGRAINE IS CAUSED BY PSYCHOLOGICAL FACTORS, SUCH AS STRESS AND DEPRESSION.
    REALITY: MIGRAINE IS A NEUROLOGICAL DISEASE, NOT A PSYCHOLOGICAL DISORDER.

MYTH: MIGRAINE IS NOT LIFE THREATENING, JUST ANNOYING.
    REALITY: MIGRAINE CAN BE LIFE THREATENING, INDUCING SUCH CONDITIONS AS STROKE AND COMA.

MYTH: ANY DOCTOR WILL RECOGNIZE AND PROPERLY TREAT MIGRAINE.
    REALITY: MIGRAINE IS ONE OF THE MOST MISDIAGNOSED, MISTREATED AND LEAST UNDERSTOOD DISEASES.
    Last edited by WandaJean; Sat, Sep 22nd, 2007 at 12:19 AM. Reason: *
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I woke up yesterday with something that was worse than a headache, but not as bad as a migraine. If that makes sense. I could still function, but I would have rather spent the day in bed. I felt like I was going to be sick for most of the day, at work. I work in a fast food restaurant right now. Smelling food cooking is not a good thing. I went right to bed as soon as I got home. Didn't get up until 8:30 this morning. Stayed up for about an hour, then went back to bed for three more hours. I seem to be doing okay right now.

How are you doing, WandaJean? We have medical clinics where I live. You don't have to pay anything to visit them.

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

racefan:
    Read in another post you are feeling beter...glad to hear...I phoned clinic here and they want 40.00 out of pocket, besides they would just give me regular tylenol and it does nothing for me...and besdies after reading that headache medicine can cause migraines to get worse I won't take them anymore. I just have to live through it and try to sleep it off if I can.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

Migraine is so so right now..just have to take it easy on here..take it in small doses.

rita heyworth
    Greetings WandaJean, Julie Andrews, Racefan and fellow migraine sufferers This was in P & G Brandsaver - it's a fairly short online survey:

"When you get headaches are they...

- Lasting 4 to 72 hours?
    - Moderate to severe and with throbbing and/or one-sided pain?
    - Made worse by physical activity?
    - Accompanied by any or all of the following symptoms: Nausea, vomiting, light sensitivity or noise intolerance?

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, we want to hear from you. Please go to (see link below) to complete a short (10 to 15 minute) questionnaire."

www.migrainesurvey.com

"By completing the questionnaire, you could win one of 10 prizes of $500. No purchase necessary. Contest closes November 30, 2007. Skill-testing question required. Open to residents of Canada. Must be legal age. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Limit one entry per person and/or email address."

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks, Rita. I'll do the survey.

Julie Andrews
    Thanks Rita, I did the survey.

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

I just read on another forum that the Nestee sngles are causing a problem w/ migraines...triggered one in a bzzagent that last 5-7 days. I was drinking them the whole time and when I stopped drinking them my migraines eased off..do not know if there is an actual connection, perhaps the splenda ???..don't know..perhaps it was just the weather..but I have not had any Nesteas all week and I have been fine since wednsday basically.
    Either way..I'm not going to drink anymore..rather be safe then sorry( gave most away thankfully)

Julie Andrews
    If it was the Nestee that triggered it, that's not very good.
    But at least you can avoid it easily.

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

I have another stupid migraine w/ sickies....stupid migraine!!

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

I got another migraine today..with the aura..big blotches of light.and zigzaggy lines....and then pain
    was in bed from all day agai..well this afternoon until about 10:45pm..feel blah but pain has subsided.
    I wanted to do some laundry but that didn't happen.
    Stupid migraines!!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I get them around the time womenly changes happen each month.
    Bah there awful.
    Nothing helps whatsoever.
    I get them behind my left eye and its horrid.

I started getting them when I was 12, although during both my pregnancies I didnt get one the entire time, it was a joyous time lol.

The dr gave me imitrex but after reading all the warnings it scared the poop out of me and I never took them, good thing my husband has a good drug plan otherwise it would of been 175 out of pocket.

Julie Andrews
    I had a bad migraine yesterday but I didn't get any aura before... I'm still floored that I woke up with one that messed me up so badly without having any warnings.

rita heyworth
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie Andrews View Post
    I had a bad migraine yesterday but I didn't get any aura before... I'm still floored that I woke up with one that messed me up so badly without having any warnings.
    Aw... how ya feeling now?

Trading Score
    31 (97%)

I've been going through a terrible bout of migraines, sorry I can only get on a few minutes at time, or not at all lately. I am takinging tylenol with codeine 8mgs and it makes me drowsy and I sleep alot( which is good.sleep through the pain) I hope they do not affect my holidays, like they have in the past. I am suppose to be going to visit my son/dil/grandson this year.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information