Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

I would like to join this group....

DaneCrazySCNewbie fourfurryfeet's Avatar
    Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Awsome video! I have done a lot of searching on SC to find out where I should look for coupies but this video was also very helpful. I too found it interesting that the coupons on product lids (dangly gold I call them) can be saved...I just thought it would be used for that purchase but I guess saving it does make sence! Unless of course it's an awsome deal! LOL

I love all the threads that show up right away as soon as a new coupon comes out on save.ca or the other online sites. Also, I love the printable thread! I have printed a couple but can never seem to have the guts to ask the store if they take printables LOL!

My favorite coupies are $3 off Busy Bones, $3 off Pedigree and $5 WUB 2 Tide. They are awsome and because of them I have saved oodles of money so far!
    What do you mean you didn't use a coupon??????

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Jezzeebelle - consider yourself part of the group Jezzee. Orv is our other senior and it's so great to have a couple of you to share experiences, answer questions, etc.

Can you introduce yourself and tell everyone why you started couponing and bit about your latest project.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzeebelle View Post
    I would like to join this group....
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

I have been aware of the various ways/places to find coupons.
    My two cents on peelies/bottleneck: I do not see a problem with taking them for future use. There is nothing worse than going to the checkout with a peelie on the product only to find it has expired after you feel it off. So if no one takes them, they will expire.

My favorite coupon: Save X when you buy X on Kraft. There are two of them out there, and I love them both!

The thread that helped me most was "who did you email and what did you get". It led me to make a company contact list with telephone numbers, websites and addreses. I have gotten a few coupons this way, and am waiting for more to arrive.

Great slideshow. Thanks for the booklet reminder.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BVOGT30 View Post
    There is nothing worse than going to the checkout with a peelie on the product only to find it has expired after you feel it off. So if no one takes them, they will expire.
    I never thought of that. Good point

Really looking for diaper coupons for my DIAPER DONATION COLLECTION!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    240 (100%)

Where does the time go?.....the only time I can have me time is when everyone is sleeping and after I have kinda cleaned up and gotten the kids school stuff ready for the morning.....that is after 10:30pm before I sit myself down at the "screen"...whew!

Anywho, here are my quick answers, while I have some spare time before I pick up the kids:

1. Never Knew about the "sticky" in the Coupons Forum about coupons sites, new coupons available, and so on...thanks for that tip! Now if I can only remember all this and on what I'm sure will be a wealth of info/tips to follow! Think I'll have to do a Smartcanucks folder and do Favourites under that so I don't have to search and click so much.
    2. Helpful on etiquette would be I think same as comments from other SC'rs, use your own judgement on what to take and how much. I don't take all, but it does build up especially when I go out 3-4 times a week not necessarily on a hunt but I just love shopping and deals....think I will have to "cut-down" on some of them...lol.
    3. My fav would be the save $7 WUB3 (ukwim) also and then when you can stack them...awesome!

That's it for now until next time.....

PS...Thinking of a group name...don't know yet....

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

We're off to a great start group #2. So nice to see some others in the group that have experience and ideas and are sharing them.

You're right that peelies and bottlenecks are often expired -- and it's exasperating.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

That's tough. Love so many. It's a tossup between the Kraft coupon or Chapman's ice cream. There's something so sweet about a free tub of ice cream.

Of course dark chocolate would be even better.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Hello all,
    I am a 37 yr.old single mother with three children..boy 18 and 10, grl 13. I am on disability right now due to fibromyalgia, I was a nurse and a teacher but havent been able to work for 18 months now with a 20% decrease in pay I sure could use coupons to help make up some of the differences. I have never used coupons before but its been since the end of December that I started using them and I am addicted although I dont understand some of the rules, like when people write in and say they doubled thier coupons, does that mean if you have more than one coupon for the samething you can use it for the same purchase? I browsed the internet and I found this site and fell in love with it, such a great site and such wondeful people! I am fairly new and cant wait to learn some inns and outs about couponing..The site shopathome.com, when I print some of the coupons they are only good for the usa,apo and something else just cant remember so I dont understand why there is a link to that site, I also have registered for swagbucks but I dont really understand it much but anxious to learn...I thank you all for making this such a wonderful site, it really is very interesting and very helpful!

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Welcome KerryLynn - I've sent you a message about Group #4 which is starting up very very soon.

We can help you figure things out and coupons really help you save big time.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Patty Smyth is an SCer who is super super funny and fun and outrageous too. Her husband has an account too.

If there's someone to help out, Patty is there. And she contributes tons and tons and tons. Her heart is so big.

This year she and her husband decided to try to donate $10 worth of stuff each week and post a photo and details. The $10 was going to come from a few less coffees at Timmies.

So check it out - she always update the beginning post so you can see her reasons and what she's managed to pick up.

Did you know that research shows - just witnessing an act of kindness elevates our mood and makes us feel better. So I read Patty's thread every week for a little boost that there is some super people in the world.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Okay amazing Group #2 ... I'm still amazed by the intros and everyone's story.

So here is Part 2. I've simply done a slide show with no audio track this time. Let me know what you think. Does it work? Would you prefer it with audio?

View slideshow

Thing 3: Activity

1. Where have you found the most coupons so far?

2. Where else can you find coupons?

• Can you spot a couple of "big" ways I left out?
    • Share other ideas that you have for finding coupons

3. Go out and find a coupon with one of these new methods and tell us what it is and where you found it. If you have a camera and are able to add a photo (to another site or to your gallery on SmartCanucks), share a photo. No worries if doing photos is not your thing, just share what you find and where.

Looking forward to your answers / discussion.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Hi, my name is Krystey

I was lurking in the site and once I joined I mainly hung out in the Freebie section. I am honestly not sure how I found the coupon section LOL. Yes I saw coupons in the store buy never took any....when I think back sheesh I was dumb! I started couponing about 2 years ago as money was a bit tight and I had moved to a more expensive neighbor hood and my rent expenses nearly doubled !

Like Patty ,I was looking for something meaningful to do this year and I saw a video about a No-Kill Pet Shelter that needed help. So with lots of trades and raoks I have so far donated just over $500 of pet food and have already started collecting for donation #2

my favorite coupon would have to be the Mars Pet coupon(good on mutiple items) or $1 stouffers coupon(haven't found it yet though LOL)

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Thing 3: Activity

1. Where have you found the most coupons so far? I find the most coupons at market place and sobeys

2. Where else can you find coupons? in phamplets at the pharmacy

• Share other ideas that you have for finding coupons
    • whenever I am out shopping I always look for reps! they always have great coupons
    Last edited by Jezebel; Fri, Feb 18th, 2011 at 09:38 PM.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Welcome Krystey -- super to have you help out . This gal is a stacking whiz so any people wanting to know about stacking can ask her.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information