User Tag List

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Hey everyone, I'd like to join

I started lurking/joined in '08 when I was in college. Didn't start actually participating until a few weeks ago Things around here slowly just started getting tighter and tighter. Our household income since last year has been cut in half. Since joining I've saved hundreds, just in the past 2 months! (i need to update my ticker) I'm very happy and grateful for finally taking advantage of this website and so far chatted with many wonderful people, and hopefully will be attending a local meet sometime soon

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Yes, thanks, I have got those samples from P&G. Thanks so much for the offer, I have enough shampoos and conditioners. I am looking now for perfumes, make-up, nail color, band aid, lipstick, etc. I really want to spoil them, they are so happy when they get stuff...

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Hi everyone. My name is Renee and I am a SC-aholic in BC. At first it started small as a friendly discussion with my neighbour one day over coffee. A few coupons were given to me as a gift and suddenly...I was hooked...totally hooked. I started walking slowly through Shoppers, Coopers Foods, London Drugs and Safeway looking on every shelf for coupons. I was on line ordering coupons from Save.ca, Websaver.ca etc. I would come home from shopping trips rambling on about how much I saved, what I got for free where I was going to go next as I was emptying my pockets of all the coupons I have found on my outing. I started out with just a small "coupon" file that I picked up from the local dollar store. Now I have a zipper binder full to the brim. My children think I am going off the deep end, my husband just nods his head and smiles. I am addicted. Simply stated!

I have coupons burning holes in my pockets as I scope out the perfect deals, and wake up each morning looking for a good deal. I am so excited to be part of this group and can't wait to learn so much more. Thanks for the opportunity!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Hi Everyone!

My name is Cheryl but I go by Chimmi on this site because that is what my DH and I call each other. The nickname comes from our first date (almost 11 years ago) when we went out for mexican food. He ordered a chimmichanga and I thought that Chimmi was a cute nickname. He started out by calling me Changa but then he switched to calling me Chimmi too. He always jokes that it is a good thing that he didn't order a taco ...

Anyways, I am 38.5 and I live in downtown Toronto in a condo. This means that I don't have a lot of room to stockpile but I have found space for enough TP for 6 months, laundry detergent for a year, and campbell's broth to last as for about 6 months. It is only my husband and I - no kids or pets. So we don't need a lot.

I came to the site a few months ago and lurked for a little bit before joining (my mom has been lurking a few years now and told me about it). One of my favourite tips that I learned was that I could buy my TTC (our local transit) tokens at Shoppers Drug Mart. I had no idea I could do that and I was sooo happy. I could now buy SDM gc's on my credit card and get points on my credit card and get optimum points at the same time That was a great bonus for me because I was always forced to pay cash to buy my tokens in the past and I wasn't getting any points.

Incase you haven't guessed I really like points .... a lot! I am saving up my points to take a big trip and should hopefully have enough in the next year or so.

All of the money that I am saving by using coupons is being put towards the big trip to pay for the taxes and all the other fun surcharges that get added on to your airline ticket.

I am really happy to see that our group is from all across the country - how lucky are we!

Thanks so much for organizing this Darlene
    Last edited by Chimmi; Wed, Feb 16th, 2011 at 12:11 AM.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Chimmi - I'm a fan of points too. We'll have to share our strategies when we get to that point (ha pun). Points and coupons can be wicked combos.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Glad I made it into Group #2!!

I recently returned back to work after a year long maternity leave. The goal is that once we are finished having kids that I will be able to be a stay-at-home mom. After watching Extreme Couponing on TLC I became hooked!!

I joined SC a month ago after googling couponing in Canada. Since then I have saved more than $3600!!! I am proud to consider myself an extreme couponer....lol

We have amassed a pretty decent sized stockpile. We intend to donate well to local charities, and to family and friends.

I can't get enough of it. I have always enjoyed retail therapy but now that I can go shopping and barely spend any of my own money and I in a Retail-lollopalooza!!! I feel my obsessive, type-A personality is boding well for me with couponing and I hope that I can learn from all the wonderful couponers on SC!

Really looking for diaper coupons for my DIAPER DONATION COLLECTION!!

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chimmi View Post
    Hi Everyone!

All of the money that I am saving by using coupons is being put towards the big trip to pay for the taxes and all the other fun surcharges that get added on to your airline ticket.

I am really happy to see that our group is from all across the country - how lucky are we!

Thanks so much for organizing this Darlene

Aren't airport fees the WORST?!?!!?
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Darlene thank you for the video. It was awesome. Can't wait to see the next one.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Murren - thanks. Love ideas and tips on how to make these groups better as we go along. I'm learning along with all of you.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

So team 2 (anyone want to come up with a name for our team?), here's the next step to being an Epic couponer.

Thing 2: Finding Coupons Part 1 is posted

I decided finding coupons and using Smart Canucks to do that (where/what threads) is a fundamental couponer skill. If you just know how to do that, you're 90% of the way there.

It's amazing what this community of volunteers creates and maintains to help us all find and use coupons.

So a big thank you to all the folks who maintain the threads mentioned in this new slidecast.

Your Activities:

1. Share one thing that was new (or not - don't be shy to say you had this section covered) from this slideshow
    2. Find a thread where people are discussing coupon etiquette that you found useful e.g. is it Okay or not Okay to print lots, take 1/2 a pad of coupons from the store, etc. Post the link here to the thread.
    3. Tell us what your favourite coupon is so far.

Link to the show:
    http://www.slideshare.net/GivingSmal...s-part-1/1/yes

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Great second segment!!

Here are my responses to the 3 questions:

1) Something I learned from the slideshow is that you can peel a peelie coupon off a product for use at a later date. I guess I just assumed it was to be used on that item when rung through at the till. I have taken the booklets from Greenworks although most I just found on the shelf having been discarded, and I have used every coupon I got to purchase Greenworks. I've not taken the bottle top ones because those are affixed pretty good so I feel it was pretty obvious it's to be used on that particular product. As far as printables go, I've printed quite a number of them and have used them. But I've not printed hundreds.

2) The threads I have found helpful on ettiquette are the Coupon Policies for various stores. It's helpful to read these to learn which stores are coupon-friendly, which allow stacking, which allow printables, and so on. I am not posting one link b/c the store coupon policies are listed in seperate threads.

3) My favourite coupon so far is $7WUB3...pretty awesome!! Others that rank high on my list are: $5WUB3 Greenworks, $5WUB3 Gillette, $2 off Glade, $4WUB2 Ziploc, $2 off Stayfree. I just love coupons!!

Really looking for diaper coupons for my DIAPER DONATION COLLECTION!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by orv View Post
    Aren't airport fees the WORST?!?!!?
    They are the worst. I hate when the price of your airline ticket is less than your taxes, surcharges, airport improvements fees etc. At first I get all excited because I think I can fly to NYC (return) for less than $200 and then it turns out to be over $400. A lot of ppl in Toronto end up driving to the States to catch their flights now because it is so much cheaper. Neither myself or my husband drive so sadly that is not an option for us.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giving-Small View Post
    Chimmi - I'm a fan of points too. We'll have to share our strategies when we get to that point (ha pun). Points and coupons can be wicked combos.
    Sounds great - I am always willing to help others out when I can

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Hi! I enjoyed the second segment. Here are my answers:
    1 - I was not aware and never noticed booklets in the stores, more than that never would have thought there are coupons inside! Ignorant I was!
    2- I just read this thread:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/177667-...ou-get-canada/
    I think - as many people, as many opinions . Everybody makes his rule if there is not an official one.
    3 - My favorite coupon was $5off cetaphil as I successfully use this product and it is so expensive.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Just watched the second video - great work Darlene!

After searching around the site a little bit I knew about these sources for coupons. I did find it interesting about the peelies and coupons on product bottles. I have never taken either of these types of coupons myself as I feel it is a little bonus for the purchaser of the product (that is just my opinion though). I wonder if this is why companies are now printing coupons on their interior packaging now .... ie the hamburger helper boxes with green giant coupons....

My favourite coupons? Hmmmm I like coupons where you get a free product (FPC) but I will only try to get one for a product that I use. My favourite coupons tend to change during the year dependant upon what I need. At Christmas time I love baking coupons for example. Currently I am looking for electrosol coupons (I can never find the smartsource inserts that they come in - they seem to be hit or miss in the papers here).

Anyone have any that they want to trade for?

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information