User Tag List

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I'm too afraid to get close enough to find out. The neighbors call Environment Canada every time I send him out to do his business. My kids have asked me to place them in foster care and I have to feed the dog with a slingshot.

I don't know what to do about it. I'm thinking mixing Listerine and peppermint scented ex-lax into his dog food. Advice, please!

Why, oh why, did I let him eat my mother-in-law's cooking last week?

This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hehehe I don't own a doggie so I don't have any advice for you. Just wanted to say I like your sense of humour and good luck!

Busy Bee
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hope your mother in laws not a member here!

Be a little kinder than necessary,remember everyone is fighting their own battles.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

ew - get a cat!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Awe, poor dog... Bad breath ( really stinky breath) can be a sign of something going on in the tummy ( bad digestion, etc) or oral health like teeth or gum problems... If it is his breath, my vet recommended feeding our dog PLAIN yoghurt once a day( like 2 tablespoons with his meal) .. It helped... If it's your dog's back end, he/she might need their glands expressed at the vets... That can happen in doggies.. If it's a matter of the dog just stinking, since I presume you've already ruled out just bathing him, then maybe ask your vet.. Good luck

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Ew...is it fishy smelling? Our dog has issues and I want to kick him out when he smells. I guess it's a normal dog thing....it's so disgusting but we asked the vet about it and he had to 'express the anal glands'....it's supposed to happen naturally when the go to the bathroom, but sometimes it doesn't and then the smell happens.

Sorry for the disgusting post!!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Just dont stand downwind of the dog.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Beleive it or not if it is his breath he could have an infection with his teeth. I know it is a pain but my mom had to get the vet to professionally clean ect not sure of everything they did they thought they had to pull a tooth but was saved. Should keep on eye on it. Also there is Breathbusters out there by I beleive Pedigree they do the trick with daily brushing.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    ew - get a cat!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    Beleive it or not if it is his breath he could have an infection with his teeth. I know it is a pain but my mom had to get the vet to professionally clean ect not sure of everything they did they thought they had to pull a tooth but was saved.
    Was the vet cheaper than the dentist
    ~ducks~ (but they do have better drugs at the vets)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'd absolutely take him to a vet for an evaluation...our Tammy's fur used to smell so wonderful (like a fur-coat) I'd just snuffle her and inhale! lol! Our wee Jenny smells so sweet, too...but she's still just a pup.
    I agree with what everyone else suggested re oral health, anal glands...Hon, Sweetie...you just have to get close enough to ... um ... well, you know. Figure out where the odour is coming from..is he an old doggie?

Dogs shouldn't smell bad..I bet he's embarrassed about it, too...they are senstive creatures, after-all......I mean...it's not like you have CAT LITTER in the house or anything!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sparky had really bad breath last year and when I looked in his mouth I realized a little piece of his blanket broke off and got ledged in between his teeth, thus getting bloody and smelling rotten.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My family had a dog that was scooting across the carpet.We took it to the vet's and she had her anal glands expressed then she was fine.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Try pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling). Both my bosses dogs had a nasty bout of some stomach thing in January, and I had seen on Rachel Ray, that pumpkin puree helps. My bosses dogs LOVED the stuff and it helped them out within 24 hours. My boss also stopped feeding them kibble (while they were sick) and instead was making them rice with a little bit of ground beef (very bland food).
    Do you feed your dog table scraps? Could this be the cause of the "oh du stench" ??

Thread Information