User Tag List

Page 109 of 272 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 4070
Like Tree9953Likes

Thread: Dollarama Grabs!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

agree with above about the betty crocker measuring cups^^ the can opener did stop working eventually but it was after a year or so & for the price, I didn't mind.
    ROMEO and acosta like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Springbreeze View Post
    I bought the betty crocker utensils a few months ago, I have not had a problem with them melting from use. I did accidently melt one on a hot burner. Don't buy the betty crocker measuring cups though. I bought a set and all of the handles snapped off, just from measuring flour and sugar.
    I have the measuring cups, bought them about 2 years ago. I have not had any problems with them breaking and my DH cooks with them and he is not gentle on utensils. They were not expensive and they clean up great. Maybe you got a defective set?
    ROMEO likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Maybe, I too bought the car opener works great, so far for the Betty Crocker stuff from the dollarstore overall love it. Everything has been great but the measuring cups, which could have been just a defective set like mentioned
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

My Betty Crocker spatula melted as well, from medium heat. Again another waste of $ on Dollarama items...it gets annoying.
    Also the red plastic measuring cups- the white writing wears off and makes it difficult to quickly grab what you need. I tried using a Sharpie to re-write it on but it wore off the plastic too.
    ROMEO likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Is there a way to add pics from your phone? I found Phytogenix pills, $3 for 20 though I did a price comparison at Walmart and it was $8.98 for a bottle of 42 with a bonus bottle of 42 as well.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by leda View Post
    Is there a way to add pics from your phone? I found Phytogenix pills, $3 for 20 though I did a price comparison at Walmart and it was $8.98 for a bottle of 42 with a bonus bottle of 42 as well.
    Has anybody tried these and had success? I've read about these, but am always skeptical.
    ROMEO likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

What do they do?
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mich649 View Post
    Has anybody tried these and had success? I've read about these, but am always skeptical.
    I haven't tried them, so I did a quick search (I'm pretty suspicious of herbal supplements).
    User reviews are mixed, most found it did not contribute to weight loss, but some did find that it helped control appetite to an extent (ie. helping to eat on a schedule). A lot of the reviewers said they used it in combination with healthy eating and exercise.

Apparently you need to take 6 pills a day (3 pills, 2 different times).
    You'd need to verify this yourself, but one user posted that 1 pill contains:
    389mg Green Tea Extract
    100mg Raspberry Ketone
    50mg Caffeine

The caffeine part really surprises me - that means in 1 serving you're taking 150mg of caffeine. In comparison, a small coffee from Tim Hortons contains 140mg of caffeine (a medium 205mg)
    In 1 day you've just had 300mg of caffeine, more than a large coffee at 270mg, but a little less than an extra large coffee at 330mg.
    An extra large Green Tea from Tim Hortons contains only 60mg of caffeine (dependent on how long the tea is steeped).
    seylz_gurl, Mich649 and web3 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by web3 View Post
    My Betty Crocker spatula melted as well, from medium heat. Again another waste of $ on Dollarama items...it gets annoying.
    Also the red plastic measuring cups- the white writing wears off and makes it difficult to quickly grab what you need. I tried using a Sharpie to re-write it on but it wore off the plastic too.
    glad I'm not the only one it happened to. It's a waste when it happens the first few times you use it. If it happened after alot of use, Ok I can accept that. We made maybe, I don't know, 12 pancakes altogether.

Does anyone know if there are safe spatula's to use that can withstand heat? It's clear the betty crocker spatulas (that or we are both unlucky and got bad ones) but can anyone recommend any other good brands? If I go with kitchen aid, am I guaranteed a good safe product?

Thanks for the tip about the measuring cups.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Floppy I bought one a couple of years ago from the Dollar Store that held up well but it wasn't a Betty Crocker, some no name brand. Just replaced it with a Calphalon from Target which so far is great. Bought it on clearance for $2.79.
    Quote Originally Posted by floppy View Post
    glad I'm not the only one it happened to. It's a waste when it happens the first few times you use it. If it happened after alot of use, Ok I can accept that. We made maybe, I don't know, 12 pancakes altogether.

Does anyone know if there are safe spatula's to use that can withstand heat? It's clear the betty crocker spatulas (that or we are both unlucky and got bad ones) but can anyone recommend any other good brands? If I go with kitchen aid, am I guaranteed a good safe product?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Tupperware---it also has the lifetime warranty....
    luckbealady likes this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by floppy View Post

I bought the Kitchen Aid from WM for $4.97 I think and it has held up much better. Bought the cheaper one from there but ended up returning it because it melted too and got the more expensive Kitchen Aid spatula.
    It does have the occasional string of melted plastic come off but not like the others. Where I felt like it was actually melted into my food, ewww...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Haven't had any issues with my Betty Crocker utensils melting and they've been used for a good 6 months. Also no issues with the measuring cups. A friend bought all her Betty Crocker utensils at Dollar Tree here and there is a huge difference in quality between hers and mine (from Dollarama). The Dollar Tree ones are definitely lower quality and don't look as nice.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Saw lots of Blu-ray movies today for $3. Recognized a couple of titles but others I hadn't heard of.

Found these today, Bic Flame Disc for $3. http://www.amazon.com/BIC-Charcoal-A...c+portable+bbq

Bear Paws http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...electedIndex=1
    in the yogurt flavor $2.

The resealable bags of McCormicks candy...sweedish berries, fruit slices, marshmallow strawberries, marshmallow bananas $2

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by web3 View Post
    I bought the Kitchen Aid from WM for $4.97 I think and it has held up much better. Bought the cheaper one from there but ended up returning it because it melted too and got the more expensive Kitchen Aid spatula.
    It does have the occasional string of melted plastic come off but not like the others. Where I felt like it was actually melted into my food, ewww...
    Wait a minute, mine had a string of melted plastic come off, isn't that bad if the plastic melts some string off?!

For the people that have had better success with no name brand plastic utensils, just because it doesn't melt doesn't mean it's not bad for you.?

Sorry, I guess I'm one of those people that think "you get what you paid for" if you buy a cheap no-name and it doesn't work, maybe it won't melt but maybe there are chemicals slowly being melted into the food you cook? Maybe I'm being too paranoid.
    anisa, Pameth, maplegirl and 3 others like this.

Page 109 of 272 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 209 ... LastLast

Thread Information