User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 31 of 114 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

just aired Extreme Couponers again...

wait....wait... yup..

Hello to all the new people!!!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just finished watching this show. All I can say is "wow!" For any of you night hawks, it's on again on TLC at 1:00 am.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I missed the episode the first time it showed, finally caught most of it tonight while channel surfing.

It seems like a less of a hassle in the US with the convenience of using the coupon barcode. I'm just surprised they can get all of their deals in one store only. I wish I had as much power with coupons as the people in the show. They can really do a lot of good when they donate some of their stock.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

finally was able to watch it last nght holy cow wish our stores here would double our coupons was just too jealous watching it

to the guy who donated all that cereal to the food bank and loved his pyramid

laughed at the lady who dumped all the chocolate bars into her cart would it not have been easier to keep them in the boxes and then she crashed the computer lol

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I hate to be a party pooper but these people are going to ruin it for everyone else. Companies are going to see this show and put stricter limits on how many coupons you can use.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I hate to be a party pooper but these people are going to ruin it for everyone else. Companies are going to see this show and put stricter limits on how many coupons you can use.

i think your right Patty i've already heard about some restrictions on some coupons here already and they are also cutting down on the value of the coupons too like the $9 wub3 coupon is now $7 wub3

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I can't seem to find the thread but someone posted how it is suppose to be a perment show when does it start airing a new show?

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

I finally saw part of this last night. Man oh man, now they have some serious stockpiles, but I don't know, don't think I would put my 4 year old in the dumpster searching for coupons, but I know it was only paper inside.

Oh, and love the threads first post, too funny about all the new members about ready to join.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Where is the fine line between addiction and hoarding.. ok I can see get a good deal or donate away.. but seriously who needs 1500 deodorant? what about expiry dates? I am sure that some items like shampoo etc.. free or not will still go bad before you can use up 300 bottles in a regular household.
    I also wondered.. why are they emptying the shelves.. find a staff member and ask for 40 boxes of pasta or 40 jars.. IN A CASE.. save the staff from restocking and way easier to keep track.. move and ring in

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

all the items purchased were pre-ordered for the stores; and the majority of product was donated after the fact.

(It wouldn't have made good TV to see people collecting warehouse boxes at the till, plus it was meant to show how couponing 'works' in general.)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My husband first seen this and was going nuts talking about it. I finally caught a rerun this past weekend and WTF!!!! Its one thing to have a bit of a "supply" but these folks are just insaine!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by recessionisnotfun View Post
    I still haven't seen it Does anyone have a link for the whole show yet?
    Sorry, I don't have the link for the whole show, but TLC put some clips on their website.

http://tlc.discovery.com/videos/extr...upon-diva.html

Shwa Girl.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blawblaw View Post
    The Krazy Coupon Lady said on her website that her coupons weren't doubled. She's in northern California & says the stores there don't do that. Yes, they do get more (and better) coupons than we do here.. But there are still some great deals to be had!
    The Krazy Coupon Lady aka Joanie Demer and Miss Coupon Diva aka Joyce House were on The Nate Berkus Show today. I really like Joyce's style.

Here are the links:
    http://thekrazycouponlady.com/2011/0...treme-savings/

http://www.thenateshow.com/videos/de...-coupon-queens

http://www.thenateshow.com/videos/de...saving-secrets

Shwa Girl

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i was thinking of this the other day, the show extreme couponing aired a few months ago and many of us saw it, it brought SC a fair few new members too! i've been curious on how it's effected the couponing landscape.. since the show aired have you found that it's done good things or bad things for couponing? have you noticed it's easier/harder to use coupons?, have you noticed it's easier/harder just to find coupons?.. have you come across some newbie couponers who give couponing a bad name? or have you made some new trading friends since it aired?
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Hmmmmm, let me think about that one. LOL

Page 31 of 114 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast

Thread Information