User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 46 of 114 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

I thought the lady who liked to dress up was just a compulsive obsessive type,were all different, I do like to look neat and somewhat my best when I go shopping at LD but not the fancy shmancy type clothes she wore[her style] if I looked sloppy I would think that I wouldn't be taken seriously and they the CS clerks might be a bit abrupt[guessing].

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by snowbride78 View Post
    I loved watching the shows. My mom has those cool shelves and is FINALLY teaching me about food storage. I went shopping with her last night. Did you know you can freeze butter??? AND MILK???

Here are my two fav sites.

http://www.stilltasty.com This gives me ideas when planning my trip about shelf life and how long things can be frozen.

http://www.shelfreliance.com/food-rotation-systems
    This is where she orders her shelves from. I am still trying to pick ones that will fit into my teenie apartment.

Hope this helps some of you! it sure helped me!

* I hope this doesnt come across like an ad, I just saw these on the show and thought some people might want to know where they came from.
    Thanks for finding the shelving system.I was wondering where she got a shelving system like that.I didn't think you came off like a commercial for the shelving system.
    Last edited by Poirot; Thu, Apr 7th, 2011 at 06:23 PM.

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbs View Post

me - I find couponing 'work' - the novelty of shopping at LD has worn off, and there's not many deals for 'free' food.

I do it to give stuff away; I gave someone a dozen cans of Chunky soup & 4 boxes of cereal and I felt, 'yes! more space' - I would rather have less stuff at my place than more.
    I completely agree 100%!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They had their website address on the screen you can apply to be on Extreme Couponing http://www.tlc.com/extremecouponing Click on Get on the Show.I doubt if they would do someone from Canada.It would be be fun to think about us showing all our shopping and couponing problems on tv.
    Last edited by Poirot; Thu, Apr 7th, 2011 at 06:18 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Prairie girl View Post
    I found there was not a lot of variety except for the retired nurse one...It's funny how they all seemed to shop at Safeway.
    Maybe other stores didn't give them filming permission.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Well, I watched the shows with my mom..hubby watched downstaris. The first 1hr show, all I heard from her(mom) is they are hoarders, except the retired nurse...
    In case any missed it the woman that did the dumpster dive with the preg. lady, she had lots of strawberries
    the next 2 1/2 hr shows were pretty good, EXCEPT the woman that was more into makeup and I liked the lady with the 7 kids,
    The man/woman that was doing the dinner party for 20, did have breakfast foods on that list, and that malox.. good grief. Calling friends to come and stand there to get the extra $10. off and use of coupons ,.way be on me....Shame she /he didn't really buy what I call food as most of it was junk food
    And the one that shelf cleared her husband did not like that...
    My husband said he'd kill me if i ever did that.. I only use about 8 bottles a yr of mustard, as I put it in stuff when I cook
    I would really like to see that we could scan our coupons, here,, Now that would be super awesome..

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I don't like how they have showed couponers. Greedy hoarders for the most part. Rude and impatient.... I disagree with this show on so many levels because it jeopardizes our continued ability to coupon. Personally I think we should all contact their ethics hotline for viewer relations etc....571-262-4899 and leave a message. I know I did. whether it will be heard, who knows..... but in the end, maybe they will take an interest in how they are hindering some families abilities to feed themselves.
    "I can't brain today, I have the dumb"

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Good morning! Did anyone watch the Extreme Couponing show on TV on Wed night (I think it was on TLC). It is now a series and it looks like it will be on every week!

I thought the tip about buying the smallest packaging when using mulitiple coupons very helpful. (ie she was buying packaged potatoes...they said rather than buy a big box for $14 and use a $3 off coupon, buy the smallest package and use the coupon to save the most.) Tips like this are very helpful to new couponers like me!

Did anyone else pick up a helpful tip?!

Have a great day!

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

they have agreed to do 12 shows. Also the first lady who bought all the mustard donated alot of her shopping trip stuff to chartiy as well.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I think all these negative comments are unnecessary. I do not think they are hoarders. Many U.S families have been hit hard by the economy and are just doing what they can to survive. Shame on all of the negative comments, I say WTG.

Melanie

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyC View Post
    I agree...counting bags and bags of chips and talking about buying 40 bottles of soda just about made me sick. How about the lady early on in the first program (the older program) who was so red and sweaty in the face...I thought she was going to have a heart attack at the register! Just so unhealthy.

But on the other end of the spectrum were the "super Moms" who looked very healthy and they seemed to be doing a great job of caring for their families. I bet they wouldn't buy 5000 chocolate bars just because they were free!

I agree with the processed food. My first thought when I saw that women was "wow, processed junk has to be the reason for her weight." You can still find markets at low cost for fruits and veggies, and whatever you are paying is nothing compared to your health.

Melanie

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Wow is all I can say! I have to watch the last episode from the other night....I have to agree that I wish our coupons scanned in and that we had double coupon days!

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyC View Post
    I agree...counting bags and bags of chips and talking about buying 40 bottles of soda just about made me sick. How about the lady early on in the first program (the older program) who was so red and sweaty in the face...I thought she was going to have a heart attack at the register! Just so unhealthy.

But on the other end of the spectrum were the "super Moms" who looked very healthy and they seemed to be doing a great job of caring for their families. I bet they wouldn't buy 5000 chocolate bars just because they were free!
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    what i found funny about her is she said she was going shopping to get everything she needed to host a party for 20.. and she grabbed those.. my first thought was "ohh party favors!" lol

and i agree with those who said mustard lady was a bit odd.. buying ALL that purposely clearing the shelf on an item which her husband doesn't even like! (an item that can take a household months to go through JUST 1 bottle-i think we buy MAYBE 1 bottle a year!)

When I saw her buy the Malox I thought" well after all that junk, you will need it"

Melanie

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wonder if anyone on the show will say stock up and use some up then stock up again.

Trading Score
    19 (95%)

Melsprag you are the 666 th posting.. woooooHHHH... are you supersticious?
    Earn free points, get a chance to win a great contest.. Follow this link it's worth you time I swear

Or this link as well for Quebec residents..Free GC and more..

Page 46 of 114 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast

Thread Information