User Tag List

View Poll Results: TLC's extreme couponing good or bad?

Voters
413. You may not vote on this poll
  • No change!

37 8.96%
  • Change for the better

48 11.62%
  • Change for the worse

237 57.38%
  • too early to tell

91 22.03%
Page 65 of 114 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: TLC Extreme Couponing

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by OctoberSun View Post
    Uhh I missed this weeks episode I PVR'ed it but someone in my family cancelled the recording 9 minutes into the show . Well another one is set to record on Saturday so I will wait till then *sigh*
    Here it is:
    http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/p...hp?id=ULI3B9Q3
    Don't need to download. Just click the arrow and ignore the advertising.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Has anyone else noticed that when it comes to printable coupons they use multiple computers so they can print more. They follow the printable limit and do it legimately by having more than one computer to print from. Also stores down there might give overages but they do not give cash bach nor do the couponers expect it.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think companies are going to stop giving out coupons as you see people on Extreme Couponing buying a years worth of cat food and admitting they don't even buy a cat... sort of think its going to ruin what is a good thing for those of us who love to get a great deal, via coupons or fpc, but think this show is going to result in the the limitation of couponing in so many ways and I find that now that I have seen it once, I won't watch it again.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Has anyone else noticed that when it comes to printable coupons they use multiple computers so they can print more. They follow the printable limit and do it legimately by having more than one computer to print from.
    I do this. I use my laptop, my sons computer and my parents laptop & desktop. My grandparents only have 1 computer but I email them the link for whatever I want and have them print the limit for me.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Don't have cable... not watching... but "extreme couponing" is trending on Twitter, LMAO. And I had my male cashier flip tonight and said "wow, it's like extreme couponing".. hm.. hmm!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Here it is:
    http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/p...hp?id=ULI3B9Q3
    Don't need to download. Just click the arrow and ignore the advertising.

As soon as clicked on this link earlier Saturday afternoon, my laptop got a virus. Make sure your anti virus and anti spyware are in tip top shape before clicking this link.
    Do a good deed...give a Coupon
    to a stranger !

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tdjca View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that when it comes to printable coupons they use multiple computers so they can print more. They follow the printable limit and do it legimately by having more than one computer to print from. Also stores down there might give overages but they do not give cash bach nor do the couponers expect it.
    I wonder if they used coupons to afford the extra printers and computers?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KathieL View Post
    As soon as clicked on this link earlier Saturday afternoon, my laptop got a virus. Make sure your anti virus and anti spyware are in tip top shape before clicking this link.
    Sorry to hear about the virus.
    I noticed that my anti virus software has been giving me at least 1 update every other day, recently.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I wonder if they used coupons to afford the extra printers and computers?
    You wouldn't need more than one printer depending on how you set it up. Also if you are just using them for coupons you wouldn't need to go out and buy a new computer. There are lots of people giving away old computers when they upgrade. I got a free one for my kids last year because the family was upgrading and didn't need it anymore.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sqawker1 View Post
    I think companies are going to stop giving out coupons as you see people on Extreme Couponing buying a years worth of cat food and admitting they don't even buy a cat... sort of think its going to ruin what is a good thing for those of us who love to get a great deal, via coupons or fpc, but think this show is going to result in the the limitation of couponing in so many ways and I find that now that I have seen it once, I won't watch it again.
    I don't think coupons will ever stop but I do believe companies and grocery stores will take notice of this show and it could slowly change what coupons they give out and what coupons they accept. The more this show is aired the more people are going to try it and the more changes will be made.

I see changes like what happened to Treasure with the "one per household" coupons and also I see a decrease in double coupons in the US to match us Canadians. I don't see how "double coupons" would be profitable to stores since the manufacturer only pays "once" per coupon I'm guessing. If us Canadians had double coupons as much as them im sure a bunch of people on this site would be on the show and alot of our savings tickers would be double what they are.

I earned $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in my first month at Swagbucks!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Scarecrow7

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Scarecrow View Post
    I don't think coupons will ever stop but I do believe companies and grocery stores will take notice of this show and it could slowly change what coupons they give out and what coupons they accept. The more this show is aired the more people are going to try it and the more changes will be made.

I see changes like what happened to Treasure with the "one per household" coupons and also I see a decrease in double coupons in the US to match us Canadians. I don't see how "double coupons" would be profitable to stores since the manufacturer only pays "once" per coupon I'm guessing. If us Canadians had double coupons as much as them im sure a bunch of people on this site would be on the show and alot of our savings tickers would be double what they are.
    I was reading some U.S. sites some coupons say do not double and in double areas their coupons have lower values this way before Extreme Couponing show was on.
    Last edited by Poirot; Mon, May 23rd, 2011 at 01:34 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Scarecrow View Post
    I see changes like what happened to Treasure with the "one per household" coupons and also I see a decrease in double coupons in the US to match us Canadians.

I don't see how "double coupons" would be profitable to stores since the manufacturer only pays "once" per coupon I'm guessing. If us Canadians had double coupons as much as them im sure a bunch of people on this site would be on the show and alot of our savings tickers would be double what they are.
    Apart from the fact Treasure showed up with cameras, how would they be able to control the "one per household" rule when buying merchandise? It's not like they ask their customers to prove they don't live together. In reality, I think it was to add drama to the show itself because the checkout problems others were having were getting old.

Let's not forget that the double coupons offered by stores in the US has more to do with competition than being a friendly store. I'm sure they're debating how many customers they're willing to lose to their competition if they want to stop. Any store needing to raise their sales revenue will double coupons if they need to.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I really feel like this show is doing more harm than good.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that more people are hopping on the savings train and realizing that coupons can help save money, especially at a time when the price of everything seems to be rising while incomes remain stagnant.

However, the show emphasizes the extreme, and it seems like a lot of people are trying to emulate that extreme. Personally, I don't recall ever seeing the level of negativity and animosity on SmartCanucks that I do now, and the start of it really did coincide with the rising popularity of the show. Bear in mind that I may have joined in December year, but I've been a non-member reader for quite some time.

I feel like stores and the staff working at those stores are beginning to regard coupons as unwelcome in their stores. I KNOW that stores are compensated for the coupons, but anyway you look at it, if you have customers clearing shelves or abusing coupons, and putting other customers at a disadvantage (like when sales come around), it reflects badly on the store. I know that stores are capable of enforcing limits, but really, what's to stop someone from coming back an hour later?

As selfish as it may sound, I'd be happy if the show wasn't renewed. I don't see it having a positive impact on couponing. I'm sure others disagree, but hey that's the beauty of these discussion boards. Opposing views can be shared with one common element: respect.
    Last edited by Aimz; Tue, May 24th, 2011 at 11:57 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aimz View Post
    I really feel like this show is doing more harm than good.

I feel like stores and the staff working at those stores are beginning to regard coupons as unwelcome in their stores. I KNOW that stores are compensated for the coupons, but anyway you look at it, if you have customers clearing shelves or abusing coupons, and putting other customers at a disadvantage (like when sales come around), it reflects badly on the store. I know that stores are capable of enforcing limits, but really, what's to stop someone from coming back an hour later?
    You feel that stores are beginning to regard coupons as unwelcome, but what's the evidence that it's true?

As for clearing the shelves, it's another example of something we see on the show, but we don't have any proof that it happens all the time. Besides that, how many times have you showed up at a store to pick up a sale and the shelf is empty? It doesn't necessarily mean that someone else was there before you, but that the store doesn't even have enough stock before the sale starts.

As for enforcing limits, true, there's nothing stopping someone from coming back an hour later, but then, why not? They're acting withing within the rules. It's no different than someone going into a store to purchase loss-leaders without spending a dime on anything else.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

June 15 Scott & Jen Scott gets ready for the last shopping trip before his wife goes into labor.Jen uses couponing to home school her twins.June 8 Joni & Angelique Joni supports her family and charities through couponing.Angelique stays up all night planning for a shopping trip.
    Last edited by Poirot; Mon, Jun 13th, 2011 at 01:00 AM. Reason: show changed airing date

Page 65 of 114 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast

Thread Information