User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I will let you know for sure how it goes tomorrow It's nice to know that I can talk about things here... it's nice to get unbiased opinions, you know?
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I hope all goes well for you tomorrow. **hugz*
    A little goes a long way!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Howd it go
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    You are so sweet Brandy, and please thank your Mom for me!! Things have calmed down this afternoon and I was actually able to sit down with Christian and talk to him. I talked to someone at CHEO and we have an appointment first thing tomorrow morning. I guess calling in tears helped my case! I was at a breaking point earlier but I'm better now.

I have considered seeing someone for myself... doing this as a single mother is hard
    The sobbing mom who can't take it anymore...what doc can turn that away? I'm glad you got an appt at CHEO. Things will only get better from here.

My husband suffers from bi-polar. I tried for 18months to get him help. He had been admitted twice, and as soon as he stabilized, they'd discharge him to NOTHING! I had resorted to ERs too. When I finally found a psychiatrist to take him on (I litterally called everyone in the phonebook), the doc couldn't believe that other professionals had allowed him to go on so clearly unstable for so long. I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders when the psychiatrist said, I can make this better than it is. It is now my job, not yours. I no longer needed to fight to get him help. His doctor was life altering for our family. But it was a long journey until he got the right help that he needed. Then end result was worth the horrible journey we went through trying to find him help.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

CHEO was wonderful!! We have taken him off meds for now and he has another appointment first of next week. She gave me some techniques to use to calm him down when I see him getting agitated. It was nice just to finally talk to someone
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    CHEO was wonderful!! We have taken him off meds for now and he has another appointment first of next week. She gave me some techniques to use to calm him down when I see him getting agitated. It was nice just to finally talk to someone
    So glad that you finally feel like you are on the right path! Next week ask them about support groups for yourself.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

hopefully this is the light at the end of the tunnel. it won't ever be over but maybe a lot better?
    having someone to talk to for yourself is also a very good idea. Ask the dr when you go back if she can recommend how you would go about finding the help YOU need for your circumstances.
    best of luck Sheets!!
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Thanks to both of you I was just so overwhelmed at the appt. today that I never thought to ask about seeing someone for myself. I will for sure do that the next time!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, I'm so VERY glad that you got in to see someone, and are on your way!

Thinking of you every day.....

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

I'm so glad to hear it went well! It's great that you are getting help early on, it is honestly going to make all the difference! Remember that I'm here if you need anyone to talk to. My little brother is doing so much better the past few months! He's off the streets and living in a group home with wonderful, caring staff and he's even got a part-time job working at a farm. He's never had a job before in his life! Just goes to show you that it's never too late! *hugs and love*
    Last edited by ashokia; Wed, Aug 24th, 2011 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Wrote hear instead of here! THE HORROR, THE ABSOLUTE HORROR!! @@ looks like boobies...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I am not sure how you feel about alternative therapies but if it is something you are interested in go to www.upledger.com and find a CranioSacral Therapist in your area. The website has lots of info on what the therapy is and how it can help. It can really help with imbalances in the body

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

I am so glad to hear things are finally going down the right path for you It is a great feeling when someone actually listens and tries to help your child instead of brushing you off. I hope things continue to move forward for you and your son!

Edited to add an afterthought:

You know, I was actually told by a mental health worker, of all people, that it is very unfortunate that the mental health system in Canada is very inadequate. There are just not enough resources and families in need are often pushed aside. Advocating for our children, as you have been, is so import because without it, nothing would be done. The whole system tends to focus on physical ailments that can be measured and tested. The metal health aspect, that often effects a person more than physical symptoms, is overlooked and it is the children and families who suffer for it. Anyway, I don't really have a point, I just wanted to share my point of view on things, for what it is worth
    Last edited by sweetnlow30; Fri, Aug 26th, 2011 at 05:13 PM.
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread Information